Solo [Laviku's Jewels] A Whole New World

Crook discovers his new paradise

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

[Laviku's Jewels] A Whole New World

Postby Crook on April 19th, 2015, 1:59 am

6th of Spring, 515 AV

When Crook first set foot in Laviku's Jewels, he had been certain that he was dreaming. But now, as he wandered from tank to tank and watched the brightly colored fish swim from one side of the beautifully decorated tanks to the other, he knew this was too good for him to have made up. It had to be real.

His hands reached out, almost without his consent, to touch the massive glass tank he had found at the entrance. He reached for it and laid his fingers upon the glass so delicately, as though the glass might shatter beneath his gentle touch. Underneath his fingers, the brightly colored fish swam majestically, their gossamer fins reflecting light each time they turned. Their black eyes winked up at him, so open and accepting. Koi with a multitude of colors fluttered past- some larger than Crook's head, others smaller than his palm. And there were Goldfish too. Despite the name, they too were present in all colors. Oranges, whites, yellows, and golds...All were beautiful, albeit not in the same way.

Slowly, almost mournfully, Crook began to move around the large tank and into the store proper. What he saw was more than worth leaving the grand tank for.

Inside, tanks lined each and every wall. There were Koi and Goldfish again, but there was more too. There were Tetras, Bettas, and every aquatic plant he could imagine. Even hermit crabs had their place in Laviku's Jewels. The tanks shone with the love and good care of a proper owner, and the fish inside seemed proud of their existence as well. Each and every corner of the aquatics shop was built to show its true beauty.

There were some tanks marked "not for sale" as well, which Crook assumed were the owner's pets and quickly dismissed as such. These were decorated in a way that showed special care and love, however, in such a fine shop, they did not stand out greatly.

Crook glanced around for said owner, and as if on command, a jovial face popped up from behind one of the tanks, startling Crook and plucking him from his heavenly revere. The man chuckled and grinned at Crook's jumpiness, holding out a slightly damp hand for shaking as he neared.

"Sorry fella, didn't mean to scare you. My name's Merle, and I run the place. Anything I can help you find today?"
Last edited by Crook on May 8th, 2015, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Crook
Player

Words: 7851
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2015, 9:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

[Laviku's Jewels] A Whole New World

Postby Crook on April 26th, 2015, 10:48 pm

Crook nodded softly, breathing deeply to calm his jittery nerves.

"I only came in to look. I saw the fish outside and...I was just drawn in by them, I suppose."

Crook looked around even as he talked, soon letting his eyes settle back on Marle. The faintly muscled man was still grinning politely, wiping his hands on his pants so that he could shake if Crook offered.

"Alright then. If you do need anything, I'll be over-"

"How much for a betta?"

Marle laughed quietly. "Which one was it that sold you?"

Crook pointed in the direction of a fire red male betta, streaked with gold. His whimsically shaped fins glimmered with each turn he made in the confined area, and his dark black eyes peered out at Crook with a look of not only respect, but acceptance. It was the kind of gaze that could hold love, given time.

"Ah, that's no surprise. He'd do it to anyone. Just got him in the other day- that's the only reason he isn't sold yet.

Is he the only one?"

Crook fumbled in his pockets halfheartedly, hoping to find something else in there, but there was nothing. He sighed pointedly and nodded, which left Merle laughing once more.

"Don't worry about it. I can tell you're a real animal lover just by the look in your eyes. I tell you what- I've got a deal for beginners. A 3 gallon tank, that Betta, two bamboo shoots and living mosses, and a pound of food. All for 3 Ashls. It should serve you well."
ImageImageImage
Crook
Player

Words: 7851
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2015, 9:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet