What are the exact effects of the Djed storm?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Zephari on June 3rd, 2015, 5:03 am

I know that most people who were directly exposed to the pure djed were killed, practically ripped apart. But I from what I know of the lore (which is honestly not much) pure uncontrolled djed can have many unknown effects. I swear I read somewhere that random teleportation could even happen, but I can't for the life of me find that source. Is there anyone that survived that or knows what can happen that can fill me in on this?

I want to know for the purpose of I am going to be doing a flashback during that time, and want to know the specifics. My character at the time was a nomad in Eyktol, so true shelter would be hard to come by. Also would like to know if it leaves any long term effects on those that where not in good shelter during the storm, so that I can add that to my CS. Thanks to anyone that responds!
Zephari
The Collector

Words: 107646
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2015, 7:27 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Tanna on June 3rd, 2015, 5:22 am

Hey there, Zephari! Have you managed to come across this thread yet? It shows the effects of the storm and is broken down into regions and cities. Perhaps read it all the way through since many sections touch on how those that weren't able to seek shelter were affected. Hopefully this helps and sorry if you've already seen that!
Tanna
words & whims

Words: 114416
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2015, 12:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Zephari on June 3rd, 2015, 6:27 am

I did see that, and read through it. It actually doesn't say any of the symptoms normal people, as in non mages experienced. I goes over what happened to the mages that helped shield certain areas, which involved odd mutilation and mental damage, but normal people just kinda died. It does say that many animals experienced mutations and major changes, like giant crocodiles and snakes in eyktol, and sea birds turning into pterodactyls in riverfall, but nothing on the common folk.
Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on June 3rd, 2015, 10:50 am

We dont let any pcs who weren't there flashback and have "effects". It was a case by case reward for active rp participation in that season. If you flashback you can't rp exposure so symptoms see a moot point.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Zephari on June 3rd, 2015, 2:31 pm

Thanks goss, that makes things much simpler.
Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)