I Don't Know You[Aella/Jaeden/Satu]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 15th, 2011, 10:10 pm

Jaeden sat calmly before the fire, his face a little more illuminated now, a rough beard could be seen growing out over his face. Simple things he did to cope with the dropping temperatures as the seasons changed. He slowly reached out, pulling one of the large trout that had been cooking over the fire and inspecting it as he gave a slow inhale with his nose. “Seems to be missing something, “ was the first words out of Jaeden’s mouth after inviting Satu to eat and regain her strength. Many others may have been apt to inquire further over Satu’s plights, over her struggles, in some vain attempt to relate or sympathize. Fact was, is that Jaeden knew she didn’t need any of that right now.

He had seen the emotion on her face, where once before, many years ago, he saw reservation and a timid disposition. A woman who would blush over the simple emotions of lust that Jaeden often had within him and stumble over her words after divining his past encounters with the fairer sex. Satu had broken out of her shell, but in a way Jaeden knew was likely forced. She was a razor’s edge set at the throat, and any slight nudge in the wrong direction would find blood spilled. Jaeden reached over to the side, pulling free a small, tin case and popped off the lid. Right now, Jaeden felt that Satu, more than anything, needed a sense of normalcy. That she needed to feel unthreatened. “There any particular seasoning you prefer on your fish?” Jaeden then asked looking to Satu as he placed the tin along the ground between them.

His fingers began flipping through small paper packets, each one putting a hint of fragrance into the air that tickled Satu’s nose. “I have chives, thyme, tarragon, oregano, rosemary and sage.” Jaeden explained as he checked the other fish cooking now. “I wanted to get some lemon seeds, but couldn’t find any of the trees during the late spring that I could collect some from during my travels.”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Satu on April 21st, 2011, 5:23 am

Jaeden’s voice soothed. His words were light in her ears and the Konti released all pretense of fight. She was so worn and the cooking fish was too fragrant; Satu was so hungry! Food! Proper food, not the heavy meat the caravan peoples tried to force upon her. She swallowed at the thought of it. The smell of herbs and tender fish brought to her spirit a gentler time of simple meals from the sea. Visibly she relaxed where she sat, her limbs softening. After looking at the seasoning packets with growing interest, the Konti said after some thought, “Rosemary, and…. oregano.” She leaned forward to watch closely as Jaeden seasoned the fish, afraid it was but a dream that would end in the blink of an eye. How hard it was not to snatch the food out of his large hands!

Still wary, Satu looked up suddenly from long lashes. Where had the woman gone? The tired girl could not recall her leaving. Her impossibly blue eyes searched around the campsite though there was no sign of her. She was out of sight.

Though wary, Satu was no longer fearful of Jaeden, and her exhaustion was held at bay only by hunger. For a time, she simply stared at the fire, and then at the fish as it cooked. Slowly her face lifted and her eyes traveled up his torso to his bearded face. “I remember you,” she said, her voice, soft and musical as she held his eyes. “You do not have a mother…” A strange look passed her delicate features, “I no longer have a family, and sweet Mura is lost to me.” But her weary mind and tired body could not hold the thought for long, too much had happened. And Satu’s hands shook again in her exhaustion.

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on May 28th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Jaeden slowly begin spreading around the spices and herbs along the fish, slipping them over the fire once more after doing such so that the taste of the spices would cook into the meet, rather than cover it. He then began dusting his hands off as he swept them together in a back and forth motion in front of himself. Eventually, that small red fox came stepping back towards the campfire, a waterskin held in her mouth by it’s strap as she sat in front of Jaeden for a moment. “Thank you Red,” Jaeden said, reaching out and grasping the waterskin.

He removed the stopper to it, tipping it back as he took a slow, long drink of water before setting it down in front of Satu. He looked to Satu then as she began speaking again, his legs crossing over one another. A slow shake of his head was given then as she verbalized a recollection of their last encounter. Jaeden slowly looked down, raising his hand slightly as Red laid beside him, resting her chin along his lap. “No, I haven’t had a mother for a very long time Satu.” Jaeden said as he rested his hand along the top of Red’s head in a slow pat.

Jaeden’s eyes then raised to peer into Satu’s own, a slight amount of sympathy expressed in his own features. “I’m sorry to hear about your family Satu,” Jaeden said as he began to stroke his hand along the length of Red’s back, causing the fox to slowly close her eyes, “but your home is only lost to you when you stop looking to find your way back to it.”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Satu on June 11th, 2011, 6:55 am

Jaeden tended the fish, over and over it seemed, so slowly he spread the spices… The hunger screamed in her mind: let him be done with it! The Konti did not care for flavorings or tenderness in this moment. She was starving and the wait was unbearable. A fox came carrying water, and her thoughts shifted with its movements. Satu watched as Jaeden drank from the container, and then set the water skin down before her. How careful he was, how controlled. Why was he so careful? The mad HeartSeer eyed the water skin, but she reached out to grasp it after a moment, and lifted it to her lips.

Drinking down a portion of the cool, pure water, Satu wondered if this man was toying with her. Taunting her with offers of food that he did not serve… She was at her breaking point and she ran a slow hand across her face. If she had not been so weak, so weary she would have demanded the fish immediately. Or perhaps even snatched the fish off the burning coals, but as it was, she only stewed in her own unbalanced thoughts as the irrational anger built. Satu’s hand touched one suvai at her side, its smooth surface soothing to her searching fingers. She swayed upon the log. He was losing her trust each moment he kept the food from her.

The dark emotions simmered and shown in her eyes, though not in her tired frame, which felt heavy and sluggish. “Do you know what it is to be betrayed? By those you once trusted?” she asked in her light voice, “There are those that would harm me upon my return there,” she told him, in explanation. “Mura is no longer home… I am a wander now… like you.”

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on June 22nd, 2011, 1:43 am

Jaeden turned the fish once more, slowly inspecting it for a moment as he listened to Satu’s words. He gave a slow shrug, finally taking the fish off of the fire before looking up to her. A slight smirk sharpened the corners of his mouth as he forced back a chuckle. “You uhhhh, got a little drool. Right corner of your mouth.” Jaeden then said as he began sliding the fish along some wooden plates.

Jaeden then began adding side dishes to the fish. Some dried fruits, berries, a couple of vegetables that he had managed to find still lasting through the fall season. “Well, then you are already home Satu.” Jaeden finally said as he began pulling out flatware. “The one good thing about being nomadic, is that home will be wherever you plant that sweet ass of yours.”

Jaeden then slowly handed out one of the plates, quickly withdrawing his arm in a jokingly manner as if Satu would eat some of his fingers in her rush to satiate the feeling of need in her stomach. He then slowly slide out a plate to Red as she gave a slow yawn and stretch before eating at the food given her. Jaeden took a more casual pace to eating his own food, sitting back as he took one bite and then chewed slowly, savoring the taste. He was getting better at this whole “cooking” thing, but he would soon have to start hunting some more and stock up for the winter season. “So what are your plans, now that you are wondering?” Jaeden then inquired.

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Satu on July 18th, 2011, 5:02 am

“Home is where ever my… ass is?” the Konti repeated. The word sounded harsh and vulgar coming from her delicate mouth. But Jaeden had always been one of forward manner, and even more forward speech. It was a constant that Satu subconsciously appreciated. That he was the same as when she first met him, allowed her to trust him more than she might have otherwise.

But the food appeared before her, a full plate, laden with fish and fruits. The man held it as all her attention fixated upon it. Food! Satu even missed his jokingly pulled back hand as she grabbed quickly for the plate. Fingertips burning, the girl picked at the steaming fish, trying to rip small pieces off of it, to stuff into her mouth. The ripe berries were eaten rapidly between bites of the fish, to cool the burns on her tongue and the back of her throat. Tasting nothing the Konti quickly ate, the careful array of seasonings lost to her senses in the rush to soothe her too empty belly.

“My plans?” she said finally, unwilling to speak until the food before her was almost gone. “I am called to help others… it is a driving need. Yet I am unsure how I may do this… but I will find a way.” The Konti looked far off for a moment, seeing both the jungles of Falyndar and the cells of Opportunity and a dark shadow fell across her then, “It is a troubled world, with contemptible people laughing at the ruined lives that surround them…” She almost stopped talking then as her energy waned. Lifting her eyes, the HeartSeer read Jaeden’s Heart again; it was a strong vessel. She had met so many that were lacking, and weak. But not his. Thoughtfully, yet wearily she said, “Jaeden? If I were to find a way to help, to make a difference… could I call upon you? To help me? If our paths were to cross once more?”

When the last morsel was finished and the plate emptied, Satu sat, too tired to set the plate down next to her. She had come a long, treacherous way and now that she had eaten, the reasons driving her to keep going were no longer there. The plate slid from her fingers, to clatter upon the dirt covered ground. And her body crumpled a moment after, as if in slow motion, giving finally into the fatigue that encompassed her being.

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Paragon on December 12th, 2011, 4:49 pm

Aella :
Aella

Skill XP Reward
Investigation +1
Persuasion +1
Observation +1
Wilderness Survival +1

Lore: Ruining the Moment

Other: N/A

Jaeden :
Jaeden

Skill XP Reward
Seduction +1
Persuasion +1
Wilderness Survival +1
Cooking +1

Lore: Interrupted mid-Coitus, Home Never Dies

Satu :
Satu

Skill XP Reward
Observation +1
Intimidation +1
Wilderness Survival +1

Lore: Mixed up Memories, Could I Call Upon You?

Great thread guys, and wonderful writing from the three of you - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous