Flying High at the Lakes (Serenity)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Kellan Lucia on November 25th, 2010, 4:12 am

Timestamp: 34th of Fall, 510 AV

It was a few bells after noon and Kellan was on his way to training, archery training that is. At times the Endal seemed to be a bit too scatterbrained to set aside enough time for a good training session. Now was a good enough time as ever. There was not much to do nor was anyone particularly looking for him. It was a perfect time to slip away to the lakes. With his bow in hand he slung his arrows over his shoulder and headed through the tunnels. As he walked his hand made it up to his hair as he played with the rings that lined his ear. It was a nervous habit but he could not help himself from running his fingers over the rings. It was just another outlet for his semispastic personality.

After about ten chimes of walking and a good amount of daydreaming Kellan could see the twin lakes. He was not much for the water. Sadly he could not swim. He recalled the time Drusilla tried to get him into the Sanikas River. It was a bit embarassing having to admit to someone that he could not swim for the life of him but he took it in stride. No one could excell at everything. He often tried to but it was innevitable that he would be the best at everything he did. He could hope but no amount of raw talent could make him a master weapon-smith or artist. He would have to stick to what he did best, archery and flirting.

The weather was a bit cloudy at the lakes but it could be over looked. As long as Kellan was not standing in a tempest he could work on his archery. He walked across the ground until he made it to the archery targets. He smiled and breathed in the autumn air. Next he removed his shoes and stood barefoot in front of the targets. He pulled back on the quiver and sent the arrow flying through the air. His golden eyes traced the arc as it flew and collided with the target. It was slightly off center but still, it was better than nothing.
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Serenity on November 29th, 2010, 12:57 am

Serenity had been wandering around the tunnels. She was always looking around places, finding shortcuts, and often getting into mischief, but today, she was just looking for a place to relax. She stumbled upon what she assumed was the Twin Lakes she had heard so much of before. She walked toward the lakes and dipped her bare feet in the lukewarm water, daydreaming about random things when she heard a distant thumping sound that perked her interest.

She followed the sound, having nothing better to do, which led her to a boy practicing his archery and watched him for a while before she sighed, losing interest. But of course, being her, she slipped and fell with a high pitched shriek and landed on the hard ground. Can't I ever catch a break? She sighed, turning to face the boy who had probably heard her after her rather ungraceful display.
~Being happy doesn't mean the world is perfect...
It means you've decided to live beyond the imperfections~

Serenity
Sarcastic Flirt

Words: 2818
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on November 29th, 2010, 9:57 pm

Golden eyes stared the target down. Kellan would not stray so far from the center this time. He pulled a second arrow from the bundle on his back and lined it up with the center of the target. He released a breath slowly trying to gather his concentration. The world was silent until…splash. Kellan's head whipped around with his heart racing. It was not that he was scared easily, he just tended to get riled up when someone broke his concentration.

"Who's there?" Kellan looked around until he saw a girl laying in the water looking up at him. He slung his bow over his shoulder and walked over to the water's edge. "Need a hand?" He held a hand out to the girl laying in the water with a boyish smile. "We don't get a lot of brunettes around here. Where are you from if I may ask?"
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Serenity on December 4th, 2010, 2:39 am

Serenity giggled slightly at the boy's confusion returning his white smile with one of her own when he spotted her, a mischievous glint in her grey eyes, accepting his outstretched hand and he helped her up. She frowned, looking down at her dress, the seat and most of the skirt were damp, dripping slightly. She mulled over her answer to the question the boy asked. I haven't really stayed anywhere long before she came to Wind Reach. "I was born in Sylirias but I wandered around a lot before I came here." She might as well have some fun with the free time she had today. "My name's Serenity, what's yours?", she might as well know, she can't just be calling him "That-Random-Boy-From-The-Lakes", and she winked playfully at him.
~Being happy doesn't mean the world is perfect...
It means you've decided to live beyond the imperfections~

Serenity
Sarcastic Flirt

Words: 2818
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on December 16th, 2010, 4:06 am

It was quite the feat to travel through Kalea. Alone it was even harder. "You traveled here alone? If you did you must be some kind of Alvina. The mountains are hard to navigate through. Well, hats off to you... If I had one that is." Kellan chuckled and smiled at the girl. He could tell this was a girl he could have a good time with. He loved girls, that much was clearly evident. He hated when girls were cocky though. He loved flirts but not "I'm too good for you flirts". In his mind if one thought they were too good for him then let an eagle relieve themselves on them. Although he had a tendency to be cocky he had no patience for people with too much self worth. They were better off left to men who needed a girl to boss them around. Kellan was not one for that. 

"I am Kellan Lucia, Endal of Wind Reach. Nice to meet you Serenity. I pray your name fits your calming nature?" He smiled at her and laughed. He could not be formal for very long. It just was not who he was. "So Syliras. Tell me about that. I've never been out Kalea but I've head great tales about the knightly city!"  
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet