A New City [Open].

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A New City [Open].

Postby Leur on November 25th, 2010, 5:14 pm

85th of Fall, 510 AV

Leur awoke groggily as the morning light shined through the water. He stretched and twisted his body, trying to get his body moving. He looked around the harbor's bottom in search of some kelp to eat.

After he had eaten, he looked up at the water's surface. Looks like I'll be going into the city today, he thought to himself. I do hope these people are friendly. He swam to the surface of the water. He had sat his belongings in the middle of two crates on a dock so that no one would find or bother them, so he needed to recover them. When he reached the surface, he looked around. There were ships everywhere. There were men walking on the peers to the boats, getting ready to head out to sea to fish, or to do whatever else their job was. Leur wasn't quite sure. They didn't have boats in Charbosi, nor did people fish.

Suddenly, Leur heard someone yell, "Hey, look at that! What is that? It's some kind of fish!" Leur turned around to see a man yelling from a nearby fisherman's boat. Several more men gathered around him, curious to see what was going on. Leur was startled, but didn't retreat to the water. He knew that if he was going to make it in the outside world, he had to become accustomed to their ways. Leur located the dock he had deposited his things under, and swam to it. He climbed on top of it, and walked over to the mass of crates. To his pleasing, all of his things were still there and accounted for. He smiled, picked up his cloak, and wrapped himself in it. He picked up his things, and headed for the city.
Last edited by Leur on November 25th, 2010, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility." --St. Augustine
Leur
Player

Words: 7109
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 7:22 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Cheyenne on November 25th, 2010, 5:21 pm

Cheyenne was wondering aimlessly in the city, she never really had a home. She loved to walk around, anyway, and it was getting a bit dark out.

OOC: Okay, i'm sorry if this is not what I should be posting, but I don't know what else to post. :p
Cheyenne
Player

Words: 426
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2010, 6:53 am
Race: Staff account

A New City [Open].

Postby Corum on November 25th, 2010, 9:59 pm

Corum walked through the city, his scarlet robe wrapped tight about him and his slightly over large hood pulled low to hide his face. Some how, he had the uncanny ability to traverse the populated areas such as this without causing disturbance, though his hood prevented him from seeing far. His stride was slow, and his pale hands clasped behind his back. He had taken it into his head that, if he was to spend time in this city, he should memorize it’s lay out. Thus he had walked the streets for some two days and the night in between them. Much of the memorization was mindless, not taking much brain power or concentration. Finding his way to the docks, from where he had first entered the city by boat, he heard shouting. He was pleased it was not about him, for once...

His hood slid up a bit as he lifted his head, and he saw far enough to behold what had drawn so much attention. A aquatic man-creature as to which he could place no name had risen from the waters. It was strange by even his standards, as he had not heard of such things. He also took into account that he had never taken to the study of living creatures.

The humans around him and on boats seemed interested and slightly awed by the sight, though it held no great effect on Corum himself. Knowing what it was like to be the odd one, apart from the rest, Corum walked forward, past those that watched the mer folk. Drawing near enough to speak clearly without yelling, Corum stopped. He was also far enough that if the strange one was hostile, he could have time to defend himself. He did not trust the living.
Knowlage Is Power, Guard It Well.
Corum
Student of Life, Even in Death...

Words: 23645
Joined roleplay: November 4th, 2010, 2:56 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Cheyenne on November 25th, 2010, 10:41 pm

Cheyenne stopped in her tracks and glanced over at the ruckus, she saw the fish-like man and didn't seem bothered nor shocked by it, for she was used to seeing supernatural things.
Cheyenne
Player

Words: 426
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2010, 6:53 am
Race: Staff account

A New City [Open].

Postby Leur on November 25th, 2010, 11:17 pm

People from all over were gawking a Leur. He didn't exactly know how to react to the attention, for he had never had so much before. He looked back at the water, wanting dearly to run to it and jump in. He was used to the cool embrace of the water, the free atmosphere. He felt so bound on land.
He just kept walking through the streets, or at least trying to. He was finding it difficult to move through the hovering people. He was trying to find some sort of market place. He wanted to buy some things that he could use to make soulmist out of. He liked to have ingredients on him at all times.

He was weaving through the crowd when he felt something; a presence. It was unlike anything he had ever felt before. It wasn't a ghost. Ghosts didn't give him this type of eerie, unsure feeling. This was different. Leur knew it wasn't human--he knew it. He was very determined to find out what it was. He stopped, and looked all around him. People had finally began to shuffle out of the streets, losing interest in the Charoda.

Leur looked around the street. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The sun was beating down hard on Leur, for it was later on in the day now (around 10 or 11 in the morning), and he was starting to feel dehydrated.
Leur then saw it: a figure wearing a scarlet red cloak, with the hood covering its face. He knew that this was where the feeling was coming from. He had to figure out what it was, so he went toward the being with caution on his mind. He wasn't sure how this was going to turn out.
"Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility." --St. Augustine
Leur
Player

Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Corum on November 26th, 2010, 12:41 am

Corum saw as the creature moved towards him. He was not one to trust in the living, and as it got closer, one of his hands grasped the iron dagger that was hidden within the folds of his robe at his back. He stood still in the shadow of a building, letting the person come closer. It seemed easy enough to let him walk over. Once he god close enough to see from under his hood, Corum inspected him further. He was wearing a black robe, similar to his own. He seemed to be suffering from heat, though it was a rather cold day in fall.Truly, this being was not designed for life on the land.

Corum then noticed how it stared, as though it saw he was not human... This slightly annoyed and scared him. He was sure he had not let slip his hood and his hands had been hidden well enough. Only this one stared at him, the other living had even stopped staring at the one who rose from the water. Once the -what he thought was- male got close enough for quiet speech, Corum decided it was time to do so.

“ You look lost, friend... Do you need help?” It seemed stupid to Corum, but it was all he could think of to say. He was not very skilled in the ways of conversation.
Corum

Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Leur on November 26th, 2010, 1:13 am

As Leur got closer to the being, the eerie, unfamiliar feelings grew stronger. As he approached, the man (so it seemed) spoke.
"No, no, I'm not lost," replied Leur. "Well, maybe I am, a little. I'm looking for somewhere that I can buy some food, and perhaps a drink of water."

Leur now knew that he was not human. His features, even though he could barely see them--because the light was dim, and his face was covered by his hood--seemed chalky, like a corpse's.
"Could you, perhaps, show me where I could find such a place?" he asked the man. His true motive was to examine and learn more about the creature, but he did need ingredients for Soulmist, and he was very thirsty.
Leur
Player

Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Corum on November 26th, 2010, 6:04 am

Corum smiled from under his hood, and tried to think of a place where things could be purchased. He had only been in the city for less then a week. “ I know of the kelp bar. it is a place where drinks are served. I have not yet been to the market. Most of my time has been spent in the University... I am sure you can buy things there as well... First, lets get you to the bar. You look as if you need a drink.” With his words said, he turns slightly, motioning with one pale hand for the man to follow. He moved down the street, his stride slow as before, but this time with destination set.
Corum

Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Leur on November 26th, 2010, 6:43 am

The Kelp Bar? That sounded very promising to Leur, seeing as one of his favorite foods was in the title.
"That sounds great," replied Leur. They began walking at a rather slow pace, which Leur was actually thankful for, seeing as he was exhausted from his lack of water. I slow pace was best, he agreed with himself.

As they were walking, Leur started up a simple conversation.
"So," he said. "Where are you from? You said you have only been here for a week?" Leur was very curious to know the history of this man. Now, getting actual answers from the unearthly man was a whole other question.
"And what race are you?" Leur laughed after asking this. "I do hope I do not seem annoying for asking so many questions. I just don't know many people from this city, and I am just..." Leur searched for the right word. "Fascinated, I suppose is a good word, by you. You seem different than the others."
Last edited by Leur on November 26th, 2010, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leur
Player

Character sheet

A New City [Open].

Postby Corum on November 26th, 2010, 8:26 am

As they walked, Corum calmly listened. Time was of no import to him, and as the questions stopped he decided this one was of no danger to him. “ I am called Corum. I was born in this city, but i am from no-where. I have traveled so much that i can call no place home, really. It is bot every day one would know what i am by a glance. I usually take human bodies very fresh for such reasons. I died fifty years ago, you see. The man who did it died a more natural death, and has left me quite alone. I am here in Zeltiva to study magic at the University. Unfortunately, the masters there need sleep as i do not. Free time is forever my curse... And i find you most interesting as well. You attract more stares then even myself when i show my face. The sailors know my race well enough to know me as one. It is my people that live on the isle of Sahova.”

These answers seemed to cover what was asked. As he finished speaking, the bar loomed before them. Pushing the door open, and holding it for his new friend, Corum smiled. The bar was an interesting place. He remembered it from his days of life, when he’d been a drunk. Now it was just his hang out so that he could “over hear” the news of other places the sailors spoke of. It was better this way. Most people were not fond of his kind.
Corum

Character sheet

Next