Closed [NW Beach Location] Who are you? (Kiva)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

[NW Beach Location] Who are you? (Kiva)

Postby Loda on July 23rd, 2015, 1:43 am

Loda was surprised to say the least at Kiva’s mocking of herself. He chuckled as it was humorous, but he did so with tact, not being so jovial as to insult the woman. He too had an understanding of the might of Myrian women and though Kiva didn’t look like many of the women of the jungle, it didn’t mean that she wasn’t a great warrior in some regard.

He leaned forward where he sat as she explained about her time in the military. She seemed troubled and he had a concerned look upon his face as she expressed how her father and mother were killed...or vanished. Upon the finish of her tale he nodded and sat up.

“Many bad things happened during those days.” he said sympathetically while he watched her drink from the egg. He let her continue and he nodded, “I am sure the Goddess-Queen would love to see you return. And perhaps you are right, you may have kin, but you still have your brothers and sisters in your tribe too. Life is not over for you. You know this.” he nodded and reached out to flip more fish. He figured she knew this, if not so perhaps, she just needed to be told it.

He laughed lightly at the change to his tale that she described. “I could see that. Though I don’t feel the same. I think one may have greater strengths than the other, both are needed and both are important...and all are Myrian.” With that he revealed his mark of prowess at his side, gifted by Myri herself at his Blooding. It meant that they were all one together, all the clans, all the people. At least that’s what he intended to get across.

She took the fish from him and inquired as to why he was so far from Taloba while stretching. The movement did not go unnoticed as certain wet clothing pulled tight. He scoffed at the thought of Ghosts though in her words and looked down in thought. “I could do without Ghosts..” he took a bite of some fish and it tasted better than cold he was sure. It had more strength to it and wasn’t so clammy. With a swallow he responded, “I am a rekrut for the army still. Though I was injured in battle.” he sat up properly, swinging his long hair to one side so she could see it better. It looked as if claws or some sort of sword went through his shoulder. “I could not move my shoulder for a month. I felt worthless, sitting around the fire doing nothing, getting older by the day. So I swore to strengthen my spear arm once more for the sake of Myri and my own might.” he looked over his shoulder at his spear and then back to the Myrian. “It has healed for the most part, but it has forgotten the strength that was once in it. So I came here to train myself outside the deadly jungle. Also I had heard tale of Myrian, Dhani, Svefra, and Charoda co-existing. I thought it a good experience to learn more about my enemy while here. When I am done I will return to service, hopefully more skilled than before."

He considered, "I could maybe teach you some things, and perhaps you could teach me some things you know and together grow in strengths that we need. What do you think?" He said peacefully, wondering what she'd think of that. He didn't know what she knew, but she was Myrian, surely she knew something.

Other's Words ~~ My Words ~~ My Thoughts
Loda
Player

Words: 127479
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2015, 2:01 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiva on July 23rd, 2015, 7:10 pm

"Of course. The time for pity is over. The only thing left is to move forward," Kiva considered his words. Taking this time to observe the enemy... She did not think of that. In fact, perhaps it would be a good thing to learn about the Dhani. Or even more so, the Charoda. She knew even less about the latter, and this was a way to gain intelligence. Kiva had been so consumed with the idea of running away, she overlooked opportunities, and this too was one. She nodded to herself, imagining an interaction with the savage races.

She looked up when he suggested they teach one another, eyes sparking, "Oh?" Kiva grinned, and taunted playfully, "You think you can teach me something? Alright, let's see what you got."

Kiva took a few steps back, pondering what she could offer in return. Perhaps he would want to learn the magic of her father, or how to use a kris. Kiva knew a bit about poison, but nothing very noteworthy she thought she could share. She pulled her blade free and tossed it at his feet, "Let's trade for a moment. I know nothing of your weapon, so a spar will be fun. Or maybe you wanted to be unarmed?" Kiva shrugged and lifted to the balls of her feet, to keep her balance light. She was ready to see what he would say.

'Now, let's see,' Kiva thought instantly, eyes running over the male. He was like most Myrian men and shorter than her, 'I'll have reach on him. If I can use the spear and I'm careful, I will be able to keep him away. I could use that to my advantage. He looks heavier... avoid getting pinned.'

The Myrian woman snapped from her tactical planning for a moment to glance at the ocean, "Unless you had something better in mind. I'm not a picky woman."
★★★
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Words: 225555
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Loda on July 23rd, 2015, 7:41 pm

Loda had a lot to prove when the woman stood and backed away from him. She looked ready for battle and he slowly rose, ignoring the fish that were cooking on the stone. This was a matter of pride. He knew many women were stronger than him, but he had ambition and drive to match. His stature may have been a few inches shorter than Kiva but he still was tall compared to some men. In his hand now was the spear, blunt end digging into the dirt while the spear point rest up in the sky. At her threat he snapped the spear, pushing heavily in the middle and letting the top shift side to side ferociously as it sat in the sand.

“As you wish.”

The snap of the spear showed it was a deadly weapon and he relinquished it by tossing it into the air for her to catch. As she would likely go for the catch he quickly reached down to the sand with both hands. One hand grabbed a handful of sand and the other the sand coated handle of the kris. She was light and quick, ready for battle, so he hoped he could match. He ran at her fiercely, watching which way his spear would end up facing so as not to become so easily impaled upon it. She had to catch spear, he had to bend for the kris. The fight was fair and they would soon be either cut up or at each others throats. The kris felt nice in his hand, not having the heavier weight of his short spear. It was a mix of weight between his dagger his father gave him and swords you use to hack bushes in the jungles. He was not skilled at it though and he held it tightly in his hand rather than swift and loose like he should have.

She had in her hands a seven foot beam with a sharp point and distracting feathers tied at its end. If she snapped it too far to the right, it would go further. It was bendy and yet had a nice worn grip on it for her hands. It was light enough to throw, but heavy enough not to snap under the swing of a blade.

Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiva on July 24th, 2015, 9:48 pm

His spear soared through the air and Kiva reached out, snatching it. In the same moment, he had bent and retrieved her own weapon, and she was forced to jump back. The weight was so odd to her, she laughed, "How do you fight with this?" She had seen plenty of other Myrians favor spears, but had not tried them herself. She carefully watched how he held her kris, and gave an experimental swing. She felt awkward with this weapon, and she shook her head, trying to find a good place for her hand to find balance. All the while, she kept her eyes on her opponent, afraid looking down would lead to her being bested.

Kiva inwardly sighed, used to the more close range of her own weapon, and charged, trying to guess where his blade would go in order to combat it. "If we are teaching each other," Kiva began with a small smile, "Then you need to relax."

The blunt end of the spear jutted outwards, aiming for Loda's stomach, but it didn't feel right. The attack was slow, inexperienced, "You're holding the handle too tightly. Hold it like a lover's hand, not an enemy's throat."

Kiva jumped to the side, feeling the sand shift beneath her weight. She worried if she moved too fast, she would lose her footing. 'Charge, Loda', she silently willed, hoping her prediction could be tested through another. In a worst case scenario, Kiva could ditch the spear and try to fight without it. The spear was interesting, but perhaps it would become too much of a hindrance. Only time would tell.
★★★
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Loda on July 24th, 2015, 10:08 pm

Loda was trying to be light on his feet. When using a spear you had to brace in a moment’s notice to thrust your whole weight one direction or another. It was very strange for him to be so free moving right now. While free moving, he did not like how she had his spear already caught and pointing his way, even if it was a bit awkward.

She gave him instructions on how to hold the Kris and knowing the feeling while trying to take a jab at him. His head shook at her speed. A spear strike was all about strength, speed, and aim. His hand awkwardly hit her kris against the point that came at him. At least he had a good hold on his blade. She told him to release it a bit, like a lover’s hand. Kiva could see his hand loosen and he threateningly swung it to get a feel for it while moving to the side.

“Fine...you should know that a spear is about fast striking. Use your front hand softly to hold it and aim it, use your back hand firmly to make a fast strike, and when you do, plant your feet to give you more strength. Give it a try.” he began moving about quickly around her, trying to get within reach but finding it difficult with her lashing out at him. He just needed to get close enough to throw the sand in his hand. Perhaps it would distract her and let him get in.

"She could get good at this. She has common sense. Look at me floundering with this thing" he thought as she seemed to be better at his weapon than him with hers. Eventually if she practiced enough with the spear, she could use it one handed, though now control was best. If she would get the spear to close to him, he would try to thwack it with the kris, finding the blade sharp, fast, and able to cut flesh easily.

Eventually after a good thwack to the spear he would thrust forward with his arm, releasing his secret weapon; the sand. Though the sand may not have reached her, it may have well shocked her enough for him to get in closer with the Kris. He charged now, taking the necessary precaution of a spar so as not to truly harm her.

Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiva on July 31st, 2015, 1:15 am

Kiva listened to Loda's instructions, shifting her hand work as he had suggested. 'One hand to guide, one to strike, body for force.' She tried imagine what she looked like, and settled for a scorpion. The image of one dancing to the strike another. Kiva jumped back, then threw her weight forward and shot the weapon outward, trying to imitate a stronger, surer attack. She watched Loda closely, circling.

He seemed to have the same sentiments as her, feeling out of place with their switched weapons. It gave her some relief, and she felt her own blade thwack against the spear in her hands. Practice would help Loda most, and she let him get a feel for her blade as they exchanged careful blows. Kiva, after a missed jab stepped too close and flinched when something came flying from Loda's direction.

The surprise attack caused her to drop the spear into the sand with a curse and her eyes water from contact. It sprayed across her skin and stuck to her damp clothes and when Kiva opened her eyes, noticed sand had been thrown at her. When he charged, she knew there was nothing she could do. Keeping one eye pinched shut from the foul play, her left eye continued to water and she knew she had to play the defensive until she had an opening.

She needed to think of a plan. 'Get the weapon away from him... Take him down.'

Kiva, temporarily hindered threw her weight to the side and rolled. She tried to dodge his swings and acting fast, Kiva took the next opening she was given, and launched herself full force at Loda's body, hoping to take him down in a tackle.
★★★
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Loda on July 31st, 2015, 3:53 am

The surprise attacked worked. The stern grip on the spear was loosened, and even so much so that Kiva dropped it. His feet dug into the sand with great power as he surged forward with strength. He raised the blade so as to come down upon the stunned Myrian warrioress before him when she out of nowhere she dodged to the side. He likewise stopped his assault with a swing over her head, missing intentionally but showing how close he would have gotten. She then did something he wasn’t expecting and when righting herself she charged him on his weak side. The arm already hurt from previous activities today as well as having just swung her blade with power.

Now she charged into him, grasping him at various points. He already has a loose hold on her kris by her instruction and so he let it go completely upon impact. He twisted his body to try to throw her weight to the side, but because she had an advantage on him at this point he was not able to do so. Instead he found himself toppling over toward the sand.

He knew he had to get control. Even with his arm, weak and sore, not to mention he also did not know wrestling, yet still something had to be done. His lacking knowledge of unarmed combat stumbled him and he fell, smacking his back to the ground. All he could do was forcibly loop his legs around hers and try to get her under him; to pin her. She was strong, that was certain, but perhaps he could manage better in the pure strength department. Sand flew everywhere as the two struggled with each other in high speed unarmed combat; both moving very fast due to their mark of prowess, a gift from Myri. A few literal chimes passed as they each tried to achieve dominance, not willing to submit to each other.

Eventually though at some point when on top of him and having the advantage, she would force his arm, and with a wincing look upon his face, he submitted. As she rested upon him she could see not only sweat covered his body, but he breathed hard. Once a great warrior, was now defeated easily (Yet in human terms it would likely be a decent battle). If she let his arms go, his left hand would move over to his right shoulder and would press deep into his flesh to remove some pain.

There upon where he pressed was a scar of significant proportion and he continued to wince as the pain became sharp to his senses. With a heaving breath he smiled, stretched his arm, and said, “Good spar. You got me.” It was not so uncommon for a man to get beaten by a woman in their society, but he really thought he could beat her. He looked up to her to see what she had to say with curious eyes.

Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiva on August 3rd, 2015, 3:55 am

Kiva's attack worked and they went sprawling into the dirt. Loda's strength nearly overpowered her, the clutch of his weight and muscles flexing and straining pressed against her. Kiva struggled, breathing heavily as she twisted and turned, shoving off and trying to take the advantage by breaking his hold. The two wrestled for a moment, a flurry of sand and strength, until finally Kiva gained the advantage and his grip loosened, allowing Kiva to roll and climb on top. Soon his arm gave out and she grinned, sweating and tired. She could still feel where his limbs pressed into hers, digging into her skin relentlessly. Shortly, he admitted defeat and Kiva rolled off of him with relief, laughing, "It's been awhile since I had a good spar. That was fun. I thought I was going to lose for a second."

Kiva noticed his hand pressing into his shoulder and her smiled faltered for a moment, leaning back to brush dirt off of her arms and legs. As she was catching her breath, Kiva went to retrieve their weapons, first grabbing her kris and returning it to her things, and then his spear. Holding it in both hands, she went to the side of him, and bent down, setting it gently beside him.

She looked at the troubled spot he had touched, and her eyes trailed the large scar that decorated the skin. It was the mark of a warrior who had seen a great battle. "Does this trouble you?" Her voice was curious, but gentle. Kiva reached out, her touch light if he allowed her to run her fingers along his skin. The Myrian woman lowered to sit on her butt, concerned that her new acquaintance was bothered by an injury that had since healed over, "Will you let me help you?"

"Maybe I can help the pain." She shifted closer, moving slightly behind him, holding out her palm to demonstrate what she meant. A brief rush of shyness returned, something that had not plagued her since childhood, "I can try to massage your shoulder to help the pain, if you are patient."
★★★
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Loda on August 3rd, 2015, 4:52 am

LODA
Denizen of Black Rock
-----------------------------------

Loda was certainly one not afraid of bruising a Myrian woman. They weren’t like humans or other races who would whine and complain due to pain. He would likely be seen as lesser if he didn’t give it his all in a spar. Needless to say, he was not gentle, yet in the end she won out. At the very least she was sweating, tired, and seemed to think it was a good duel. He chuckled with her laughing about it and nodded. “For me as well…”

He sat up as she got off of him, and he used his left hand to brush off his body. He was surprisingly more sandy than he had originally felt. Little crystals of sand and gravel were dug into his skin in various places but released their weak hold on him when he brushed against them. He did not use his right hand and let it hang there almost lifeless. She went to get his spear and he watched her intently. He knew her people in the Crimson Sun didn’t exactly have an issue with his and they were actually very similar in their views on Dhani and how much they hated them. That was good enough for Loda to feel at peace. The large man did not like being coddled though. She asked him if his wound troubled him in a tone that was curious and gentle, not one that showed sympathy and that made him feel more comfortable speaking about it.

“It’s okay. It has healed, but has been weakened over the days of my recovery” She reached out to his wound and he watched her do so, not seeming bothered by it so much. There was sand in the depression, but once out of the way she could feel where his muscle had been damaged and perhaps was still a little on the weak side of things, yet his other muscles around the area were strong. He watched her plop on her butt and she boldly asked him if she could help him. It caused a strange reaction from the man. He just had been fighting this woman in the dirt in a vicious battle of might and now she was concerned with him. It reminded him of home and his own tribe, it was a good feeling and with a slight smile he cautiously said, “Alright...what do you have in mind?”

She shifted slightly closer and revealed that she could help with the pain a bit, holding out her palm. He considered for a moment her proposal; a massage. It wasn’t so strange to him that they would work as a team, being Myrian both, but the offer made him feel as though he was one to need help. While he was, it was why he left Taloba. He didn’t want to be a burden to his tribe, nor to appear weak before Myri. He looked over his shoulder generally in her direction, his stern features of his jaw presenting themselves more so than before. He almost seemed like a man who had thought a lot in his life, like the elders, yet he was at the same time youthful. Viewing her in his peripheral vision he calmly answered, “That would be alright. Tell me what you want me to do.” He was currently propped up and could easily lay back or move to a nearby rock and sit up if she wished. He would be open to whatever she suggested.

Other's Words - My Words - My Thoughts
Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiva on August 5th, 2015, 2:05 am

Loda agreed to her offer and she waited respectfully. In all honestly, she wondered if he would take her offer as pity, and deny her. Shifting her weight and expecting a denial, her eyes widened when he gave his agreement. Kiva moved behind him further, "You can stay where you are. I want to look first." Rubbing her hands together to remove sand that clung faithfully to her skin, Kiva reached out and laid a palm on his shoulder. He was warm under her touch and she applied light pressure, feeling the way the muscles curved and protruded under her hand. She noted the scar's placement, and its length.

Lifting her other hand, she put it on his other shoulder, along the curvature of his neck and used it as leverage when she applied a bit more pressure where his hands had been, "Tell me if I apply too much pressure." Kiva's hand left Loda's scar and with her hands curving into a C-shape, she took his shoulders in her hands and rolled the muscles softly in her fingers. She slowly began to apply more pressure, watching and listening carefully to his reaction, "Does this hurt?"

"When my mother would come home sore from the Zinrah blockade, she would often have me rub her muscles as she got older. I think later she just wanted to spend time together."

Kiva smiled lightly as her hands worked carefully. The wind rolled and Kiva looked over to see the tide had pulled out a bit. It was such a strange sight. Wet sand was rippled where the water had been and black patches decorated the ground. The water was as far as the eye could see, and in that moment, she wondered what was on the other side of all of it.

Her hands moved towards his spine and lightened to just her fingertips, pressing outward away from his spin and sliding downward to the center of his back and then up again, "Does your scar trouble you often?"

★★★
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes