Cats and Dogs(Aleksi)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Cats and Dogs(Aleksi)

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on November 28th, 2010, 3:31 pm

He smirked to himself, and not a completely amused one. Taking a moment to straighten the emerald gemstone that pinned his green cloak together, a present from his father. There was more to being a hunter in the Emerald clan than killing, that much was certainly true. Usually he did not tell people directly that he was observing them to make sure they weren't disrespecting Caiyha's beloved creatures, but this Aleksi was a straight-forward sort. He could appreciate straight-forwardness, though.

"Let me to put this another way then, Aleksi. I wish to come observe you hunt, and make sure you give whatever you prey upon the right reverence. Not that I think you aren't," He said the last quickly, as though to forestall indignation, "but it's one of my duties to be sure of these things. Especially when someone is killing predators, like your panther here." He paused a moment, looking over to her in all seriousness to make sure and drive these points home.

When he was satisified, he continued in a softer tone. "Do you understand what I mean? I don't plan to loose an arrow, unless I think the animal is being cruelly treated. Only then will I end it's suffering immediately. I will just be a..." He smiled, a warm smile contrasting his sharply considering eyes, "shadow under a tree. Deal?"
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Words: 76851
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2010, 4:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Cats and Dogs(Aleksi)

Postby Aleksi on November 28th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Aleksi lifted her left eyebrow, grinning in a rather amused manner as she listened to the man talk. It was incredible for her to see someone who actually thinks they can push their nose in her business. She liked it though, she liked the fact that she made him talk openly about it, since dishonest people were the worst kind in her head

Oh my, I'm going through tests again...., grinning she stopped again, this time just in front of the white tent and looked at him with a cheeky smile. She doesn't remember the time when she used that last, but hell.... He offered her a challenge, and she, of course could never say no to a challenge.

Hmmm..... I'm not sure if there will be any trees around us, but if you want to come and watch how Luc and I hunt, feel free. Just make sure your animal stays close to you, cause neither Luc nor I are good with puppies, winking at him, she dropped the skin in front of the tent and turned around
I'm going to go get myself something to drink.... if you wanna set the date, come with me...
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Cats and Dogs(Aleksi)

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on November 28th, 2010, 5:25 pm

He glanced back, raising a conspiring eyebrow with Chural, and then shrugged. He wondered if she'd get on this 'well' with Topher, but what did it matter. The scarred hound dog wasn't too sensitive. Jarhal wasn't either.

"We will try to manage." He said, with the faintest whiff of sarcasm, as he followed along. Giving the same inspecting eye to the tent that he gave most everything else, not that he cared a whit how tidy it was or anything else. Some things were just habit. "If you do not mind me asking, did you train Luc yourself? My mother loved to train cats."

He had not inherited the knack, unfortunately. Some people just weren't cat people, as everyone knew. As he followed her, Chural heeled him with wary suspicion. Jarhal could try and soothe him, but there was no point. Once the dog got his hackles up about something, he was set. It was a shame, he had been such a happy dog once.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Character sheet

Cats and Dogs(Aleksi)

Postby Aleksi on November 28th, 2010, 6:53 pm

Aleksi nodded lightly and pulled the white cover from the entrance, stepping in and looking around. Luc didn't follow her though, he knew it wasn't his place inside the tent and he respected it.
Yes, I've trained Luc myself. My father was breeding cats, so I got Luc just before he was killed... for my birthday.

She moved the pillows and fur over the floor, making it a bit more comfortable for them before she sat down, crossing her legs and reaching two glasses
Water or wine?

Her eyes were half closed in a dreamy, charming way as she poured wine in her glass and lightly put it down, next to her pillow.
She liked her tent. It was warm and it reminded of her family, brining some emotions up. Ever since she has met that Kelvic girl, emotions weren't such a strange, bad thing for her.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Cats and Dogs(Aleksi)

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on November 28th, 2010, 7:55 pm

"Water, thank you." He inclined his head an inch in thanks as he answered.

Spreading his cloak behind him, he took a seat and continued watching her silently for a few moments, his face unreadable. There was a change in her, but he could not put a finger precisely on it. He wrote it off as simply being glad to be home, and moved on. It was an understandable emotion, though he always found himself feeling disappointed whenever he returned to Endrykas from the wild. He could never put a finger on why.

"That's interesting." he rubbed a palm along his unshaven cheek as he spoke, considering for a moment before continuing, "I inherited Chural from one of my brothers, after he disappeared." He didn't elaborate further or ask for her story, content to keep away from too-personal a subject. The woman was still nearly a stranger, after all.

"You certainly match one another, I think. Are you sure you aren't some kind of predator cat Kelvic?" He squinted an eye at her, with a playful smile.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Character sheet

Cats and Dogs(Aleksi)

Postby Aleksi on November 28th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Aleksi chuckled quietly, slowly looking up and down herself before she moved her hands up and untied her long, black hair, letting it fall down to her chest, covering parts of her clothing and tattooed skin.
I'm afraid I'm a bit too frisky to be serving anything or anyone, winking at him playfully as an answer to his smile, she continued
But we do make a pretty good team, I guess... Luc is my only family....

Her eyes were shining every time she talked about Luc. She really loved that cat and it was so obvious that it annoyed her from time to time.

I can't say you and your puppy aren't working well together.... I'd say you have the same personality.
Her sentences always had a deeper meaning to them, and this one was just the example of what a person who didn't know her needed to make sure she wasn't just saying things for the hell of it.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Cats and Dogs(Aleksi)

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on November 28th, 2010, 11:28 pm

"Hm?" He mused, looking to his dog still beside him. He wasn't so sure of that. "Well, lets go ahead and get down to it then. I don't want to..." He paused to think for the right word, "impose myself on you any longer."

Clearing his throat, he took on a very analytical tone, one of a gruff strategist planning a skirmish. Because that was precisely what it was, in truth. Nature could kill the stupid as easily as a soldier with a spear, and it served only to sharpen the smarter that survived. Frankly, he felt very exposed leaving so much up to this woman. She seemed... reckless.

"Winter is almost upon us, so we have only a few days before everything will be hibernating the season away if they aren't already. I am ready at any time, morning or night. Would you be ready tomorrow morning?" He turned his impassive eyes her way, waiting on her answer before continuing. "I will leave the hunting ground up to you, of course."
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Character sheet

Cats and Dogs(Aleksi)

Postby Aleksi on November 28th, 2010, 11:37 pm

She chuckled at him clearing his throat. It was unusual to her, but oh well, she could live with it

Luc needs rest... but, tomorrow morning should be fine.., hearing Luc growl outside of the tent made her giggle in an amused manner. Her fingers slowly moved down her body, pulling her whip and her daggers off of her

You are not imposing yourself on me Jarhal, I've let you in, so you are more then welcome to stay as long as you want to. In fact, I am not sure how well you know this place, or how much you have, but you are welcome to stay here for the night, yes, she actually told him he could sleep in her tent if he wanted to.

To most people, that would be stupid, careless and a bit too generous, but Aleksi wasn't scared, or worried. She simply didn't care.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Cats and Dogs(Aleksi)

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on November 29th, 2010, 4:03 pm

"What a tempting offer, but I need to go check on a friend." He stood then, Chural springing up as fluidly as his master. It wasn't an excuse, he needed to go see to his strider Topher. It was a strange feeling being away this long, he had begun to miss the horse. A natural emotion for a Drykas.

Rather than leaving outright, he took one more good look at Aleksi. Particularly at her tattoos he could see, searching for an identifiable windmark among all those different images. It was a bit like trying to find an ant in high grass, aggravatingly difficult. It didn't matter to him one way or another, but some things were just nice to know. Sure he could have asked, but what's the fun there.

"I'll be waiting for you by the gate, shivering with anticipation." He ended sarcastically, then inclined his head to her just a bit.
"Sweet dreams, Aleksi. Don't let the bed-bugs bite. And don't make me wait too long or I'll have to track you down like an animal." By his too-sweet tone and boldly arched eyebrow, that sounded more like a fun game than a threat.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Character sheet

Cats and Dogs(Aleksi)

Postby Aleksi on November 29th, 2010, 4:19 pm

Aleksi chuckled wickedly. The way he was looking at her was rather interesting and the more the "searched" whatever he was after over her body, the more she moved up, towards him. It seemed like she wanted to say a proper goodbye before he had left

Hmmmm, now that's quite a threat Jarhal. I'll do my best not to be late, Aleksi added, letting her lips curl into a rather cheeky grin.

Her hand moved towards him. Yea, she wanted to say a proper goodbye before he left. Her eyes were locked on his, left eyebrow lifted and lips still curled in that silly grin.

It was a pleasure talking to you. I wish you a good night and lots of fun around your friend
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext