[World's End Grotto] Loss of Love (Leeta)

Talya encounters Leeta at the World's End Grotto, shortly after the death of her sister.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Talya on August 10th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Talya chuckled. "Must have been a fish in another life!" she called out as she dashed after Leeta, kicking water everywhere as she leapt through it. Plunging her right hand into the bay, and flicking more and more up at her as she let res pool over the palm of her right hand. Completely transparent; a swaying, misty cloud. Billowing outward, as though it were already smoke, or air. It wasn't, and as she laughed, she began to fill it with air, while keeping the outer layer res, so it wouldn't dispel to quickly, and waste her energy. Her hand tingling as water crawled up and down its length; trickled and cascaded down the side of her body, as she was splashed. As waves crashed into her, threatening to knock her over again, and into the bay. She kept on moving toward her companion, flinging water at her now and again, until the entirety of it was filled with a breeze of her conjuring. She then took a deep breath in through her nose and out through her mouth to calm herself, and help quiet her thundering heart as she hurled more water at Leeta, and followed it up with the gentle flick of her hand; a nudge of her res airy mass in the woman's general direction. And same as before, just before she imagined it running into the droplets of water she had raised, Tal filled the rest of the res with air, until none of it remained.

The air she had conjured, Talya imagined, rammed into the droplets of water that were dripping downward, back into the undulations of the bay. But just as before, she didn't think she had made a strong enough wind to move the moisture, and as such, it simply halted, moved around the obstruction, or flew on through, mixing with the natural breeze that blew over the water now and again; cooling Talya's skin. Pushing some of the drops down her body, as much as pushing it against it; so that the cold seeped all the more into her bones. She shivered, her teeth trembling, although she covered this with a laugh as her hands began to burn a little. As though the water had grown to hot, and she had scalded them on the surface. She tried to hide this by dipping them further into the water, and forcing them outward toward Leeta, to splash her again, but it didn't seem to do anything, and Talya gradually began to worry as a wave of exhaustion passed over her, making her eyes feel rather heavy, as they became all the more and more difficult to keep open. Gradually, she slowed, until she was only walking through the water, instead of running through it toward her opponent.

Then, as her muscles began to ache and grow sore, Talya stopped still, and then simply fell into the water. Onto her but, the sand cushioning her fall only marginally as the waves crashed into her, making her body rock back and forth with their motions. She felt dizzy, she clutched her head; water running down the side of her cheeks. Sunlight glistening over the surface of her skin as it captured the beads. "Must have slipped on a shell," she muttered tiredly, not sure of what else to say.

OOCFigured we would wrap up soonish, as I am not sure as to what else we should do.
Talya
Darkness Becoming

Words: 433400
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2015, 5:10 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leeta Snow on August 10th, 2015, 10:40 pm

"No!" she said in response to the woman calling her a fish. She could try to become one, but probably would want to learn how to swim first. Leeta ran at her as Talya ran toward Leeta. Neither of their splashes were reaching each other due to the distance, but they were drawing closer to each other. Leeta was clearly the winner here as Talya failed to splash her back with as great a splashing as she had given thus far. It seemed like she was trying to get her splashes just right to reach Leeta as Leeta ran at her to tackle her, but was failing miserably. Not able to tell that the woman was casting spells, she wondered when Talya then began to head toward Leeta like before, but rather at a walk, and even seemed somewhat sleepy.

This made Leeta slow down and wonder if this was a trick. Eventually the girl fell over as the waves receded, landing in the soft sand. Leeta sprinted to her side and squinted her eyes at her. As the waves returned and lightly battered her, Leeta bent down after her excuses and said “It’s okay, you don't have to lie...I’m anemic too. I've hardly got any blood in this body of mine and I faint all the time.” she pulled Talya's arms up gently if she would let her, helping her to her feet and scooped some water up onto her to wash off the large clumps of sand. "You are a little warm to the touch hun.", which she thought was strange because she was usually colder, but who knew. She wasn't a doctor.

“Here...I’m done. Let’s get all this sand out of our hair and stuff.” She would fan Tayla with extra air to breathe with a wet hand, also lightly spraying her in the face initially. Yet eventually, it probably felt nice, and before they went into the ocean, she wanted to make sure Tayla was okay to stand on her own. Once heading down into the ocean, she submerging herself deeper in the water, feeling more like she was swimming than she did running on the sand. Her feet were still firmly planted in the sand, but she treaded water now and bent her head down into the water to wash it free of what sand she could; as well as shaking areas of the interior of her dress so that any sand that had gathered inside would have been washed away with the waves that rushed over her body. That didn’t mean the sand wouldn’t be there. You could never get rid of all the sand. It gets in everywhere, but it felt better to get the gritty feeling of it off her immediate skin.

Once done, Leeta came up to Talya and somewhat quietly said, “Thank you for this. I think I needed it.” She took in a deep breath and the sorrow was returned to her face, she reached out for the woman's hand to take and said, “I wish I could let them go completely, but I can’t, and even though I hated some of my family, I still wish they weren’t passed. I still wish I had the option to see them, to see them change for the better. I hoped that would happen in my brother, but …” she stopped. “I will just have to accept it.” she said, letting go of Talya's hand and moving to wrap her body in her gangly arms in a hug. Once done she would distance herself a little and began moving out of the ocean all together and closer to her boots. Even though one weight was slightly better, there was still a dread that something was coming for her, something was wrong, and she had to leave. She however couldn’t convey that to Talya though, who just did all of this with her.

“I imagine you have places to be. I think...I think I’m going to go back to the inn and maybe sleep off all of this running,” She didn’t even know where her ration went. It either flew off as she ran through town toward the beach or was in the sand somewhere here. Either way, she figured she would go get some food as well, or start fainting like Talya.

OOCSounds good, I'll let you post it out or we can just end with mine

Other's Words -- My Words -- My Thoughts
Leeta Snow
Player

Words: 66231
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2015, 1:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Talya on August 11th, 2015, 4:24 am

Talya smiled, and accepted Leeta's aid, allowing the woman to draw her body out of the water, leaving only her feet to remain as the waves continued to crash across her side. As the woman continued to speak, she said nothing although she smiled and nodded, and followed her back onto the shore; the dry land. Sand sticking to her heels, which she bat off lazily with her hands, only to find that it got stuck to them too. She wiped that on her sides, but the grains only rolled and tickled her skin; some coming off but not everything. She shrugged, it wasn't a big deal, she could change when she returned to her temporary lodgings she knew.

"You're welcome," Talya replied as Leeta took her hand. Intertwining their fingers again, before Talya pulled them away a few moments later. It was then that Talya began wringing out her hair as soon as she noticed that Leeta's hair seemed less messy than before, making her want to be the same; causing water to cascade onto the sand, darkening it, while beads splashed outward, dousing her feet as well as the aged, crushed bits of shell; dyed beige by something or other. "It was a lot of fun," she continued, as she finished with her hair and straightened herself out. "Maybe we will do it again some time," she added, with a smile, although it faltered as she added, "sorry for your loss." It was a lie though, she didn't know this woman well enough to care one way or the other. "May overcoming your grief come easily to you," she added as an afterthought, before smiling again, and wishing the woman well.

"Until we meet again," the Ethaefal called after her, as she watched the woman go until she became a distant speck. At which point, Talya turned and went her own way as well.

Fin
Talya
Darkness Becoming

Words: 433400
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2015, 5:10 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous