Solo Remembering Mother

Attempting to imitate The Voice.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Remembering Mother

Postby Caesarion on July 31st, 2015, 5:42 pm

68th of Summer, 515 AV

The Voice. That was one subject he knew about - at least somewhat extensively. Enough to call himself a proper child of Ravok. His family was practically obsessed with her; a mortal that became an Alvina under Rhysol's will. A creature that served him and kept his favor for extremely long. Rhaenon wished to become like her. Not just a successful person or a high ranking member of the Black Sun, but, actually The Voice. He wished to sit where she sat - live in skin caressed by Rhysol, carry His perfect white eyes. Yes, yes, all of that madness. Caesarion never quite agreed with the infatuation, but he did recall a haunting appearance. From the few times he remembered her appearing in Ravok to maintain relations with the people, he could recall some memories of her face. He could recall her pure white eyes, with no pupils to speak of.

He could recall her powerful presence that commanded respect and obedience. He could recall her pitch black hair and her snow white skin. It didn't take looking at her to remember these things - they were spoken of, words within the city, tales of her beauty flowing from mouths. And then there were those, also, who saw Rhysol . . . though they could never quite describe him. He was even more destructively alluring than she was, to be sure. Father and Mother, a devastating couple, one that could command the loyalty of tens of thousands. Caesarion remembered their tales well - though the faces were more difficult to recall. With the Voice, he supposed he would start with the eyes - the most enchanting part of her physiology. Pure white. If he could imitate those eyes, then surely he would go blind. He figured it was not a good idea to actually remove his pupils considering he was a novice . . . so he kept that out of the realm of options.

Instead he figured he would perform imperfectly and he imagined white iris' in his mind. He began to channel his Djed and thus the Morphing process began, slowly. He closed his eyes to a stinging sensation - blue-green eyes were run over, a flare of energy washing over their hue like a wave. When he opened his eyes and looked in the mirror - they were white, like a blind person's eyes, but not only in appearance. He had difficulty seeing like this, a thin fog-like layer covering his vision. It didn't quite make sense why this color would have such an effect while red did not, but perhaps it was the brightness of it. Instead of a silvery white, he went for a snow-like shade so that he might more closely resemble his Mother Alvina. It was a bit too white. Still, from what he could see beyond the misty vision, it was a beautiful color. Perhaps he would charm some with this shade when he had the option.

The man stood up and looked outside where it was brighter. He could see the rolling hills around the camp, the grass swaying with the wind. Morning was coming, and unique tradewinds came with this morning, even so far inland. He supposed this abnormality was one that was connected to the world's other abnormalities - so strangely placed, yet impossible to deny. The man began to change his voice. He cleared his throat, then began to channel Djed to the vocal chords - remembering how to imitate a woman, but not quite recalling the exact tone of the Voice. Ironically it was not Rhysol's tongue that spoke in her mouth, but instead, a particularly intimidating female pitch.
Caesarion
Your world was burning, and I stood watching.

Words: 415638
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Remembering Mother

Postby Caesarion on August 1st, 2015, 1:54 am

"Hello," he said, mimicking an alternative pitch. The Voice's voice. But it was wrong. Intimidating, deep for a woman, but without the proper spark. It was similarly lacking in his first impersonation of Rhaenon's voice, and Leeta's voice. The issue was that he couldn't remember how . . . she sounded. Any memory of her tone was so far away from him, even despite the tone's significance. The flare that her voice possessed was too well-crafted to be mimicked by such a novice. He couldn't place the pitch. "Ravok," he started, "Rhysol. Blue, green, red, blue, green. Ah, my people, let me regale you a speech. Why did Rhysol cross Lake Ravok? To swim to the other si-" he giggled. Okay, that was a bit much. "Princess Priskil palpably picks pubic hairs from petty peddlers." He coughed furiously, even though he didn't need to. He was having way too much fun with this - saying weird things with a funny, overly-deep-for-a-woman-voice.

"People of Ravok, I am the Voice of Rhysol. I have a few announcements to make in my wake. Princess Priskil palpably picks pubic hairs from petty peddlers. Wise Wysar warns women to wear woolen wardrobes. Silly Sylir sends senselessly savage storks southward. Lazy Lhex lends lucrative locksmiths lamentable lockpicks." He had no idea what he was even saying anymore. He leaned his head back into the bedroll and sighed, returning his voice to normal. "I'm crazy," he whispered. What did her face look like, anyway? Long, black hair. He could do that. Pale skin. The white, pupil-less eyes. He couldn't remove his pupils, but he'd seen that he could tint his eyes to express a white-like tone. There was then, of course, the individual facial features. He couldn't recall them, but he remembered them being sort of creepy, so he decided that he would just imagine a prettier and more youthful look. So he began to morph his face.

Ripples ran through his skin as he narrowed his features to that of a woman's, with his white eyes remaining, black and focused eyebrows replacing his fuzzy blond ones, a somewhat gaunt look but with a smooth array of features. Wide, round jawline into smaller, more pointed one. He looked into the mirror through the white haze, and he frowned at the results. He didn't really look anything like what he remembered, and even despite his memory being fuzzy, he could certainly at least state that this appearance was not one that he'd seen before. It was . . . perhaps, overly pretty? And still somewhat malformed. He always needed to try several times before he could really get the face right. The first few attempts ended up messy, gross, and altogether unappealing to the distinguished eye. He contradicted beauty with deformation.

He returned his face back to normal, calming himself as his features twisted, contorted and reformed. Then, he focused his Djed as he recalled her image - more specific. Bags under the eyes. A simple but somewhat distinguishing nose. A different shade for her lips. Round cheekbones that didn't stand out all too much. Perhaps he was remembering nothing, but these features felt more accurate than whatever he'd just seen beyond his own misty gaze in the mirror. He looked back again, and he saw her face - a creature that wasn't the Voice at all, but a refined form of his own making. Her hair wasn't even black. It was white.

He experimented with the pitch again.

"I am the Voice of Rhysol. Bow before me. Chaos! Chaos is an element of the universe that is and isn’t what it is. It isn’t good, it isn’t bad, it isn’t nice or mean . . . it is everything and it is nothing! Muahahaha," he sounded, though that last laugh sort of hurt. The voice was still wrong, too. "I petching hate Morphing! I decree that Morphing is now banned from all of Ravok's public and private institutions! And functions in general! All will despair!" He grinned, and began to revert himself back to normal. He was going a bit overboard, he imagined.
Caesarion
Your world was burning, and I stood watching.

Words: 415638
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)