Where the hunter willingly becomes the prey (Jarhal)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Aleksi on December 2nd, 2010, 12:48 pm

Aleksi kept sighing in a rather painful manner every time she'd move her right hand the wrong way. With all that in her way, she took about four or five more minutes then Jarhal did, but she managed to skin the deer anyway. Her eyes moved over to his and she smiled warmly.

That was awkward Aleksi, she thought to herself before moving her eyes down to the dagger that she wiped off of her pants. Pulling the skin off of the deer, she slowly leaned back to check something. After a few seconds, she pointed at the deer that she has been skinning and whispered "This one looks smaller.... Luc, it's yours.... but be nice, Chural might want some as well"

Her eyes went back to Jarhal's and she couldn't but to smile again. Him looking at her wasn't something she was expecting, especially not while skinning a dear. Walking up to him, she pulled out a few leather straps and moved the other skin over the deer as well, trying to wrap it up and tie it all together, which once again made her growl in pain, and Luc questioningly looked at her
"I'll be fine boy, enjoy in your meal", she whispered while trying to stretch her shoulder and rub her arm lightly
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on December 2nd, 2010, 4:31 pm

Swinging his bow around in front of him and sticking one end into the ground, he put both his hands on the top of it as a man might with a walking stick. It was fairly sure that whatever injury she had sustained, likely with that panther he saw the other day, was not merely a flesh-wound. Again, he was tempted to point out that she should see a healer about it.

"Well, I'm ready to head back when you are. I suspect we'll have thieves of nature coming to steal the catch soon..." Suddenly he stopped and smirked, containing a laugh. He reached for the cloth mask drapped around his neck and yanked it free of it's loose knot at the back of his head, and then held it out for her. "You've got quite a lot of deer blood on your face. Wouldn't want to cause an alarm when we got back to the tents."

His mother had sewed him that square piece of thin cloth he used as a mask, just after his second hunt. Not that he was very sentimental about such things, but it brought back memories all the same. He had always been unsure what she had meant it to be precisely, but it had served his purposes anyhow.

Actually now that he thought of it, it was probably supposed to be a little handkerchief, so this might be it's first correct usage the whole time he had owned it.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Words: 76851
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2010, 4:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 2nd, 2010, 4:38 pm

She smiled and slowly took the piece of thin cloth, trying to wipe the blood off her face.
"Well, I bet that isn't a pretty sight", she added quietly before giggling. It was quite obvious now that she was having a good time.

Her eyes met his again as she moved her hands back down "Better?". She couldn't see herself so she wasn't sure if she actually managed to clean her face. Not that she minded it, but too many questions weren't really her thing.

Her lips started moving again, as she was waiting for him to answer "And well, as soon as I clean my face, I'm ready to go"
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on December 2nd, 2010, 6:43 pm

He considered her closely, bending down to look under her chin and all manner of other unnecessary things, until finally straightening back up. Gravely he shook his head, his face stony, and answer.

"You know, I miss the blood now that it's gone. It really brought out your eyes, I think. You could have started some new fashion trend." He retained utmost seriousness until the end, which his face broke out into a toothy dumb grin and he began to fight back chuckles.

"No really, you're fine, you're fine." He said as he flowed his way over to one of the skinned deer to cut off a little strip of meat, which he then threw over to Chural. The dog caught it quite remarkably well, and made it vanish within seconds.

It was good that the dog hadn't dawdled, because his master did not pause to wait. Instead, he began to wade his way back into the grass at a slow pace to not get too far ahead of the woman and her cat. No longer joking, his face was granite as he scanned the area for dangers, with Chural heeling him while keeping just as wary a guard. The dangers were always present in Cyphrus, and he did not plan to allow them to be taken off-guard.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 2nd, 2010, 8:04 pm

Aleksi giggled as he commented the blood bringing out her eyes "Why thank you, I guess..... You'll be seeing more of that, since the winter seems like an interesting time from this point of view"

She then leaned down to pull on the stuff that she should, from the deer and all, looking at Luc eating his last piece of meat and whispering "Good Lord Luc, you need a bath... look at you all messy".

Her eyes went over to Jarhal, noticing him looking around for dangers. Was he actually scanning the whole place? Aleksi smiled warmly and walked a bit faster, catching up to him "You worry so much about how things will go..... I guess we're really different there... I take things, quite lightly I'd say"
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on December 2nd, 2010, 9:37 pm

He shrugged a little in response. How could he make someone understand something like this? There wasn't much he could say, or rather much he wanted to say, but he answered anyhow.

"It's vital to be aware," He began slowly, "You never know when something bad is going to happen. It's important to give yourself a chance to avoid it, if you can. Especially when you have people depending on you to live."

Giving another shrug, his mouth twisted sourly. Had he said too much or too little? The woman was maybe going to be a good friend and he didn't like being obtuse with friends, but... he didn't plan to go talking about his problems with just anyone, either. It was a fine line to walk.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 3rd, 2010, 2:14 pm

She nodded and smiled, her eyes moved back to the track and she added again
"I understand..... sometimes that's quite a bother, but most of the time it's a beautiful feeling

It was getting warmer by the minute, Endrykas was closer, she knew it even though with her size, she couldn't see much through the grass. She didn't feel any less safe then in the city though, partly because of Luc and partly because Jarhal was there.

She looked at Jarhal again, as he shrugged for the second time, noticing his mouth twisting sourly
"Why the sourness?", she whispered as her lips curled up in a warm, caring smile.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on December 3rd, 2010, 3:42 pm

He glanced over to her shortly before turning back to scan the wilderness. "Nothing, I just got a whiff of your cat." He lied, deciding to not talk any further about this right now.

"You know, you should really get that arm looked at by a healer." The temptation finally got the better of him. Then after a moment, added, "Can't have a knife teacher with a gimpy arm."

All the while as they walked he kept a good eye on Chural as much as the leagues of grassland, watching for something. Anything that looked 'strange' might denote that the hound had gotten a whiff of something bad. Whether it was human, glassbeak, or just acrid smoke of a grass fire. You could see the smoke of an already raging grass fire easily, of course, but one that was just beginning was a much stealthier foe than one might think.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 3rd, 2010, 3:54 pm

Aleksi nodded and smiled again. She seemed to have gotten the point. He didn't want to talk about it. But in just a minute, Jarhal surprised her even more, with a comment about her arm. It made her feel somewhat special, but as soon as the other comment came by, that looked like a joke, the feeling went away

"I did.... I just need to clean it every day and it probably will hurt and stay banded for a week... or well, hurt this much for a week"

Luc, unlike Aleksi wasn't careless, he pretty much acted like Chural, scanning every inch of the ground and air on which his owner was about to step. It was beautiful to see how the animal was worried about Aleksi's life more then she did. She saw Jarhal looking at Chural so she gazed down at Luc... Noticing after a while that he was caring just as much about her as when she was a little girl. It made her scratch his head lovingly "Good boy", she whispered, making Luc growl in a pleased way
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on December 3rd, 2010, 6:41 pm

As they walked, he kept silent for a while. He thought during the silence, though not too deeply about any one thing in particular. Mostly he just wished, not for the first or half-dozenth time, that he had his horse along to speed the more boring parts of the hunt up. He decided that he simply needed to get Topher out of the pasture sometime very soon, winter be damned.

"I need to introduce you to Topher some day, too. If you don't mind me asking, have you found your windmarks yet? We could go for a bit of a ride sometime." He looked over and again started scanning her tattoos for one that might be identified as a windmark, as unlikely as it was. A single tattoo had been enough for him, he couldn't imagine getting his body covered like hers.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Character sheet

PreviousNext