Raindancing in the winter

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Raindancing in the winter

Postby Ssezzkero on September 1st, 2015, 5:40 pm

Hello all!

So some of you may known that my character is a raindancer, so I just have a few questions based on that, if anyone knows something about the gnosis.

Since Makutsi's domain is rain and rivers and Morwen's domain is winter, does raindancing work when it is snowing? Last winter I went with the assumption that raindancing simply didn't work during the winter, unless the climate allowed rain instead of snow. Being that the gnosis is tied to Makutsi and not Morwen, it would not interfere with Morwen's affairs. For example if it is cold enough to prohibit both rain and snow, the raindancer can't activate their gnosis to force rain, and if Morwen has it snowing, they still can't dance and create rain if it is meant to be snow.

I hope that made sense.

But I am curious if I was wrong in that assumption and perhaps raindancing brings snow instead of rain during the winter?
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)