Solo An Odd Request (Job Thread)

Stealing is harder than it seems

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

An Odd Request (Job Thread)

Postby Yisanareysin on September 18th, 2015, 5:51 pm

48th of Fall, 515 AV

"I, uh, need you to steal something from someone." The man who stood before Rey now seemed nervous, and rather fidgety. Rey crossed his arms, looking down (looking up, really) at the human.
"Not right person. I don't ssteal." The human swallowed nervously in response.
"Well, uh, it doesn't really have to be, uh, an illegal stealing, you know? It doesn't, um, really matter what you take, even hair would work. I just need something from them, thats all." The man was babbling now, his words coming out faster now. "I mean I'm not using it for any nefarious purposes or selling it or anything I'm just- I need to practi- I mean sometimes I-"
"Mask." Rey interrupted, understanding now just what the man wanted. Why this man wanted to look like a specific person, Rey wasn't sure he wanted to know.
"Yes! Uh, yes. For that. Can you..." The man trailed off, nervously glancing at Rey.
"Iss dangerouss." Rey kept his face neutral. "Give the massk, I could-"
"Ah, uh, no, I'd rather.. I need, um, it's got to be.. well... I might need more than a day with it. I, uh, I can pay you extra?"
Rey sighed inwardly. For once, he most certainly did not want to know what was going on here. Still, he liked to have a reputation for being reliable, and how hard could it be to swipe a few hairs from a human?
"Twice."
"Twice what? Oh, uh, yeah, I can pay you double." The man nodded, letting out a nervous laugh. Rey wanted to roll his eyes, but restrained himself, merely giving his new client a curt nod.
"Person?"
"Huh? Right, Charles. I have- here." The human handed him a folded sheet of paper, and Rey cringed internally. Urgh, reading. Still, he had a professional reputation to keep up, and so he simply accepted the paper, trying to mask his irritation.
"Are you, uh... [size=50]ok
?" Not as well as he might have hoped, apparently. He nodded again, and turned to leave.

Petching humans had the weirdest requests sometimes.[/size]

Snake Tongue | Common | Arumenic
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes