By the fire (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

By the fire (open)

Postby Yrpa on December 2nd, 2010, 11:32 pm

1st of the Day, Winter of 510 A.V.

Yrpa crawled out from her tent, still rubbing her eyes after sleeping she looked out and the first thing that met her was the cold weather outside, she then looked up at the watchposts and noticed that the fired had turned blue. The scenery was abnormal, people were more dressed than usually and a white steam came with every breath people took.

Winter she thought absentmindly. She had been there for few weeks but not been able to connect to anyone or make friends, she put on her warmest garmet and headed outside, determened to go and meet people today, perhaps try new things - the meaning of this trip and her stay in Endrykas.

She stepped out of her tent with her dark green cloak tight around her and her leather boots tightly wrapped around her feet. She looked at Tuck, her Strider smiling, he was standing beside her tent, clearly disliking the cold weather outside. "What's up Tuck?" She said happily, and grinned as he snorted loudly and bobbed his head up and down. "Well I'm heading to the fire, want to join?" Yrpa said to him, but he clearly wasn't in the mood for socialicing, "Alright, I'll be back soon." She said grinning to him and then headed to the fire.

The middle of the civilisation Yrpa thought when she reached the bonfire, this place had life, in every angle you could see women gossiping, men skinning and chatting and children playing. Yrpa smiled and sat on a log by the fire to warm up, trying to spot another outsider to talk to.
Yrpa
Men argue, nature acts

Words: 13139
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2010, 1:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

By the fire (open)

Postby Ariel on December 3rd, 2010, 4:48 am

Ariel was standing by the fire. She didn't really feel cold, considering she was essentially made out of clay. But she didn't care, she figured that at this time of year, the beginning of winter, the people around her must be pretty cold, and would be settling around the fire. What a great way for her to socialize.

So she stood on top of a small stone, which took her about 3 minutes to climb, and watched as a woman of about the age of 18 took a seat on a log by the fire. She was really really really tall. Like a giant, but then again, most things, in comparison to Ariel, were giants. She was rather slim, and had long light brown hair that was wrapped in a green silk piece. She had very tan skin.

Taking a moment to concentrate on the girl's aura, Ariel stood, pressing her fingertips to her temples. Blocking out all other sources of stimulation. She concentrated on the girl's aura. It seemed to be a swirling gray mist about her, which sprouted powerful looking brown horses, snorting and running as they ran through the mist, and each time they pounded their hooves on the misty gravel of the woman's aura, the image began to fade. Ariel's concentration broke.

Ariel took a few deep breaths, allowing her breath to come in through her nose, and slowly allowing it out through her mouth. Just as she had suspected, the girl was a Drykas, everything else, was shrouded in mystery. For the most part, she also had the lingering feeling that the gray misty aura she saw had to do with how she didn't know what to do... or it could be an illusion to the smoke of the fire she was now warming herself by. Ariel wasn't sure.

Deciding that she was as good a person to talk to as any, she called to her, "Hey! Over here!" She started jumping up and down and waving, knowing from experience that it was likely the woman would look all around her for awhile, left to right, frantically trying to find out where her voice was coming from. Before finally realizing that maybe, just maybe, she shouldn't be looking to her right or her left, she should be looking down. "I'm down here, on this rock!" Ariel yelled as she waved to the woman some more. "Hello?!?"
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

By the fire (open)

Postby Yrpa on December 3rd, 2010, 7:32 pm

While in her own world Yrpa thought about what her brother might be up to, since she hadn't seem him since they split paths in the gates. She shook her head and looked around her, it was like she had heard something, a "hey" She thought.

She then heard again "I'm down here, on this rock". she looked down and saw a clay like woman - or a girl, Yrpa wasn't sure because she was only about three inches tall, and didn't look like anything she had ever seen before, she couldn't hide the little surprise in her expression, but when the little one said Hello to her, in what seemed like to be the tird time, Yrpa smiled happily to her, glad to have someone finally to talk to.

"Hi," Yrpa said, "I'm Yrpa, you?" She was quite curious about the girl, she had never talked to anyone who wasn't Drykas, she had grown up in a somewhat solitute tribe in the Sea of Grass so that she didn't have much knowledge about others, and that was exactly one of the reasons she came to Endrykas.
Yrpa
Men argue, nature acts

Character sheet

By the fire (open)

Postby Ariel on December 3rd, 2010, 7:45 pm

Finally, Ariel thought to herself. It's about time she noticed that I was down here. Silly humans, always think they're the only people around. She shook her head, as the woman said, "hi, I'm Yrpa, you?" Ariel looked up at her, trying to take her all in. Sometimes it was annoying how everyone just so happened to be a giant in comparison to her. Things got to be very very old, very repetitive, very quickly.

"Ariel," she said as she flashed a clay smile, and waved her little hands up at the woman. "Nice to meet you."

Ariel was thankful that someone was finally talking to her. She felt so different and out of place among the people in the area. Being one of the few who was not a Drykas. But she tried not to let it get to her. She was here to learn and have fun new adventures.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

By the fire (open)

Postby Yrpa on December 3rd, 2010, 8:39 pm

Yrpa was relieved that she'd have someone to talk to for now, she hadn't spoken properly to another person in too long. The cold air had stopped annoying her and she felt better than when she woke up. She removed the hood from her head and looked back down on the girl who referred to herself as 'Ariel'.

"You to, It's been to long since I've spoken to another person," Yrpa said in a tone somewhere between happy and sad, but smiling.

Ariel looked like a good person, although Yrpa knew that it wasn't a good idea to judge a book by it's cover, she knew that from experience from too many mistakes, both in hunting and human communication.

Wondering if it would be rude to ask what she was, Yrpa decided to go the easier way and said "So, what brings you to Endrykas?"
Yrpa
Men argue, nature acts

Character sheet

By the fire (open)

Postby Ariel on December 3rd, 2010, 10:04 pm

"You too, it has been too long since I've spoken to another person," Yrpa said in a tone somewhere between happy and sad, but smiling. Ariel looked up at her, she seemed so so distant to her, and that wasn't only because she was only 3 inches tall, and a foot seemed like a mile away to her. Yrpa seemed like she was lost in thought to her, or something of that nature.

But then she asked, "so, what brings you to Endrykas?" Ariel smiled up at her, glad that someone seemed remotely interested in why she was around. "I'm just looking for an adventure!" she said, as her eyes turned into little stars, and then back again, to their normal state of being. "But, then again, adventures are no fun unless you have somebody to accompany you, right?" She sat down on the rock, and sat Indian style. "Anyway, this your home, or are you just visiting the motherland?"
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

By the fire (open)

Postby Yrpa on December 4th, 2010, 12:30 am

Adventure! interesting... Yrpa thought surprised, the little one has guts, she got a bit more exiting, not only did she meet a person who had time and seemed at least somewhat interested in talking to her, but she also found someone as adventurous as her.

"Couldn't agree to you more" She said, giggling because of the reaction of Ariels eyes and replying to the fact that there wasn't as much fun in a adventure alone, it's better to have some company.

Yrpa looked around a bit, only to see that there was nothing new, the women were still chatting, the kids were still playing and the fire was still burning bright and hot. Then she turned her body and sat on the log like it was a horse, looking straight at Ariel, now ignoring the enviorment.

"Just visiting," Yrpa said, with a spark in her eyes "I needed a change from my clan back home, some ... well unfortunate things have happened to me the past year and I just want a new beginning ... meet new people, experience something new!" She added excited and grinning.

"An adventure you say?" She said with one eyebrow up, and a mischief look on her face. "Anything particular in mind?"
Yrpa
Men argue, nature acts

Character sheet

By the fire (open)

Postby Ariel on December 4th, 2010, 12:55 am

"Couldn't agree to you more," Yrpa said. Well that's good, Ariel thought, she likes to adventure all about mizahar as well. One point for Yrpa, before she went on to explain that she was just visiting as well. Well that makes two of us, Ariel thought, as Yrpa continued speaking, "I needed a change from my clan back home, some ... well unfortunate things have happened to me the past year and I just want a new beginning ... meet new people, experience something new!" The woman was grinning happily.

Ariel found her smile to be radiant. Finally, Yrpa said "An adventure you say?" there was a pause, as a mischevious look crept across the woman's face, "anything particular in mind?"

Ariel thought about it for a moment, "no, not really, after all, for someone like me, every day is an adventure. There's always something new to learn, people to meet, sticky situations to get out of, sometimes quite literally..."

Ariel glanced over at the fire, it must be burning as brightly as the two adventurer's hearts. Ariel could tell that this would be the beginning of something big; hopefully anyway.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

By the fire (open)

Postby Yrpa on December 4th, 2010, 1:14 am

Yrpa found the excitment and joy rise above everything she had felt for a quite some time now, she had met someone she could communicate with... other than Tuck clearly.

When Ariel said that every day was an adventure for a person like her, Yrpa started to think how hard it must be, only being three inches tall, even with her being average hight in her own tribe, she must look like a giant in Ariels eyes... well probobly like most people.

She laughed a little, "Well, everyday adventure sounds good to me" Yrpa agreed happily. The fire in her heart bursting, something she hadn't felt in a long time, finally I'll be able to escape... she thought to herself ...from my own prison.

"Well how long have you've been here already?" Yrpa asked, curious about where Ariel stayed in Endrykas and if she'd met anyone else, Yrpa was looking forward to the future, the first time in too long.
Yrpa
Men argue, nature acts

Character sheet

By the fire (open)

Postby Ariel on December 4th, 2010, 1:23 am

"Well, everyday adventure sounds good to me," Yrpa began, "Well how long have you've been here already?"

"Just got here actually," Ariel said, as she ran her hands over her clay hair. She knew if her body contained blood that her face would probably be turning red right now. She had seen it happen before in humans and the like who were nervous or uncomfortable. If she remembered correctly, the term for such and occurrence was "blushing."

"What about you? How long have you been here?" she asked as she jumped down from her rock, landing with a low thud, and started to walk over to the log Yrpa was sitting on. She grabbed onto the bark and started trying to climb up the side, determined to get up to where Yrpa was. She was convinced that the view would be better from up there, and that it'd be easier for the two of them to talk. She wanted to reach the woman's shoulder. Unfortunately, she may need help getting up there.

It felt like a long time since she had last stood on someone's shoulder. She missed that.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next