Rabbit Chase (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Rabbit Chase (Open)

Postby Ariel on December 15th, 2010, 1:12 am

“How do you do that?” Tebridiar asked, letting out a loud sigh. Ariel looked up at her, intently, unblinking, "do what?" she asked.

“You're just so… confident. You know what you want, you know what to say, you just seem to be good at it! I’ve never been like that… always a little nervous, wary… you know?” Ariel nodded, as a look of annoyance swept across Teb's face, and she started to play with her hair. Ariel let out a shy smile, "think we can all be like that sometimes," she said simply, purposely letting her voice trail off.

“I don’t know how to express myself. As a horse its all so clear… You eat and you run and you sit in the sunshine. But humanoids… They are a lot more complicated.” Tebs bit her lip. “They are the strangest type of animals.” Ariel laughed. She grabbed her stomach, as she doubled over with the laughter that was erupting from her tiny body. "Yes, I suppose they are," she said as she continued laughing.

Tebs had started to tear up the grass around her, and let it fall like leaves from a tree. They rained down upon Ariel and the area surrounding her. Ariel waved her arms frantically, and spat a stray blade of grass out of her mouth, "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW," she said as she continued to spit, and frantically wiped her tongue with both of her hands to get the taste off, "that's so ICKY!" she said, as she waved what she hoped would be the rest of the grass away. "Do you mind?" she asked Tebs, as her eyes turned to little Xs, and then back again. "The stuff's not very tasty... in my opinion," she said, eyeing her friend up and down, knowing that she probably liked the stuff.
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Rabbit Chase (Open)

Postby Tebridiar on December 16th, 2010, 7:45 pm

Tebridiar was mortified!

She had to stop annoying Ariel, and throwing bucket loads (to her anyway) of grass all over her wasn’t helping.

She brushed and picked a few stray blades off of her small body, and she apologised profusely many times. Tebridiar still managed to feel optimism through her new friend, even being buried under the grass.

“Yeah, in human form it just doesn’t taste quite as good. Especially for you, it must be disgusting.” Tebridiar thought for a few moments. “But I can sympathise, I get it. I hate meat, while many Kelvics like it… infact, its all they eat, for some of them!”

A lot of Kelvics were predators. Cats, wolves, birds of prey... it was sometimes hard ot come across a Kelvic that didn't live on a diet of animals, but she was glad that she managed to stick to a vegetarian diet. In fact, she couldn't do much else...

She felt sick at the thought of meat!

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Rabbit Chase (Open)

Postby Ariel on December 16th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Tebridiar apologized for showering Ariel with grass, several times, despite the fact that Ariel had told Tebs not to worry about it, several times, as well. It wasn't that big of a deal to begin with. Ariel just didn't like how some of it had wound up in her mouth, and that it tasted absolutely disgusting.

Tebs had even helped clear some of the grass away. Kind of nice of her, Ariel thought, a lot of people don't bother to clean up after themselves.

“Yeah, in human form it just doesn’t taste quite as good. Especially for you, it must be disgusting.” Tebridiar began, there was a slight pause. “But I can sympathise, I get it. I hate meat, while many Kelvics like it… infact, its all they eat, for some of them!”

Ariel nodded. "Yup, all I eat's clay, and oddly enough, my people are made out of the stuff, which leads a lot of people to think we're cannibals..." Ariel's voice trailed off, and she shuddered. Some people's beliefs were just stupid, she thought.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Rabbit Chase (Open)

Postby Tebridiar on December 21st, 2010, 11:42 pm

Clay...

Well, whatever floats your boat.

She imagined a tribe of cannibal pycons... quite adorably hilarious, really. She tried to take it seriously though.

"Cannibals, really?" She sounded funny, trying to hold back laughter. "They should try meeting the Myrians..." She had heard about those people, savage humanoids living in the wild jungles. Copper skinned and wildly beautiful...

"I however have never met one, and I'm trying to teach myself not to pass judgement on others before I know them... but all these stories you hear about the tribes of Myrians... all the little childrens tales... Its hard not to believe it, sometimes." She sighed.

She was yet to meet one, but if she did, she would try her best to see through the thick web of lore and legend to find the person underneath.

But she certainly wouldn't try to annoy them...

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Rabbit Chase (Open)

Postby Ariel on December 21st, 2010, 11:52 pm

"Cannibals, really?" Tebs sounded strange to Ariel, as though she found something terribly funny, again. "They should try meeting the Myrians..." Tebs commented.

Ahhhh the Myrians, Ariel thought to herself, a race she had heard so much about, yet had never met a member of? But perhaps that was a good thing, after all, they truly were a race of bloody cannibals. But then again, she was made out of clay, did she truly have to worry like some of the other races should she ever come into contact with them?

"I however have never met one, and I'm trying to teach myself not to pass judgement on others before I know them... but all these stories you hear about the tribes of Myrians... all the little children's tales... It's hard not to believe it, sometimes," Tebs said, as she let out a sigh.

Ariel nodded. "Never met one either, not so sure I want to either," Ariel said with a shutter. "They sound scary!"
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Rabbit Chase (Open)

Postby Tebridiar on January 9th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Tebridiar laughed at this.

“I used to be terrified of, well, everything. Myself, mainly.” She wondered how this would sound. “I didn’t know who I was anymore.”

That was the scariest thing of all. You could run away from other people, you could fool them, kill them, hide, make amends.

But when it was yourself that you were scared of, there was nothing you could do. You just had to change.

“I used to worry myself, wondering what I was becoming. I never made any sense in my eyes. Now, well, I’m starting to cope more. This place, I feel I belong here.”

Yes, she did belong here. That was clear now.

"Kelvics dont have a home. They dont have a place they should be. We just need ot find our own way of living."

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Rabbit Chase (Open)

Postby Ariel on January 9th, 2011, 8:59 pm

Ariel wasn't as paying as close attention to Tebs, she was busy, swatting at a fly that was buzzing incessantly above her clay form. Go away! Go away! Go way! Ariel's mind screamed as she grit her teeth, swatting constantly at the nuisance of a bug. Always just missing the thing.

The next thing Ariel heard Tebs say was: "Kelvics don't have a home. They don't have a place they should be. We just need ot find our own way of living." Ariel looked over at Tebs, her eyes displaying as much sorrow as those of a pycon could, after all, she couldn't exactly cry. Ariel looked down at the flattened bit of grass beside her. She supposed she understood what Tebs meant, and soon found herself nodding in agreement. She smiled weakly. "It isn't much different for pycons," she commented as she looked off into the distance, at a sea of grass, a sea that never seemed to come to an end.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Rabbit Chase (Open)

Postby Tebridiar on January 10th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Finally, they were getting somewhere.

She had something she could identify with, within this little clay person.

“You know what its like… of course.” She sighed, understanding. “Every race seems to have somewhere, but its like we were just created for others. I don’t know about your history, but I have an idea about my own. A human made us, I think, made our kind, so he could have faithful companions.”

Her mother had told her the story, roughly, long ago. She still didn’t know the “creators” name, but he seemed a little… greedy. But smart. When there is something you need, fill it.

“But I don’t want to be a companion. But I sort of do… its hard. Hard to explain. I want to go my own way but I get attached, I cant.” She didn’t know how to get the words out.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Rabbit Chase (Open)

Postby Ariel on January 11th, 2011, 1:17 am

Ariel listened as Tebs spoke. The last thing the Kelvic said was, “But I don’t want to be a companion. But I sort of do… it's hard. Hard to explain. I want to go my own way but I get attached, I can't...” Tebridiar's voice seemed to trail off.

Ariel simply looked up at her, wondering if there was something else that the woman wanted to say. When a few minutes passed in silence, Ariel broke it by saying, "I understand, pycons aren't facing the same problem you seem to... wanting to bond, but not wanting to, wanting to be a companion, but not wanting to. While we are a social race, it is difficult for us to simply live amongst ourselves for long.... other pycons that I have met always seem to want to travel, the problem lies in the fact that everyone is so much bigger than us, and while we may not want a companion because they may slow us down... keep us from going anywhere we want, whenever we want, we almost need one to get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time... and for protection as well, after all, it is rather easy to be stepped on when you are only three inches tall..." Ariel's voice trailed off as she looked over at Tebs.

Tebs seemed peaceful enough to her, Ariel thought, as she continued to stare at the Kelvic, unblinking, another fly buzzing by her ear, before leaving her be once again. The clearing was eerily silent at this point, or at least, Ariel thought so.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Rabbit Chase (Open)

Postby Tebridiar on January 15th, 2011, 12:28 pm

This little thing had a very potent mind.

She knew exactly what she was talking about, and she knew exactly how to say it. Tebridiar envied this skill. Words just couldn’t slip easily off her tongue like that.

“Yes, people, they can tie you down. Always want to settle. But your race seems very different. I want to travel a bit, but its just too far. But maybe one day Ill meet someone with a ship, or a caravan or something. Or maybe with wings!” She thought about that for a moment, but then decided someone with wings probably couldn’t carry her aswell. So a ship seemed the more likely option.

“But I’m a horse so I’m lucky in that way… I can travel quite far quite fast. Though I’m a bit harder to ride than just any old horse, I seem to have a bit of a flicky thing going on with my feet… But its best not to have a rider, just to go without anyone else.”
That was the way to go.

All on your own.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)