One Year Older and Wiser, Too (Sam et Dymphna)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Denen Sunsinger on January 27th, 2011, 6:25 am

Denen was shaking almost violently as he walked away. He couldn't look back over his shoulder, or to the family that called after him. He wasn't stopping, and he wasn't going back. His vision blurred slightly, causing him to stumble over uneven ground, but he walked on, clutching to Sam and Dymphna's hands for dear life. He did not stop walking until they were a suitable distance from the Pavilion, and when this distance had been reached, he released their hands and moved a short distance away. His thin hands raised up to his face, and he stood very still for a long while.

He did not make a sound, not even a whimper. He simply stood there, trying to collect himself, to make some sense of the mess in his head at the moment. He was overwhelmed with adrenaline, and he couldn't make himself calm down. Too excited for tears, and yet utterly devastated. After a moment, he lowered his hands, and he turned to face them, lips drawn into a tight line.

"I'm s-sorry," he whispered. "I didn't...I d-didn't think..." But he couldn't finish the thought. "C-Could...w-we-we go home?" His question was more a plea than anything, desperate for the comfort of their tiny Pavilion.
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Words: 189953
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 29th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Sam shot a quick glance at Dymphna as if she could telepathically inform him of the best course of action in this situation, but whatever he saw there, he realized that in order to be a man, let alone a leader, he would just have to do the right thing as he saw fit. It seemed easier when they were all touching, that primal need for human contact. This was his family, these two, Eldon, the horses. He put his arm around Denen and pulled him close, kissing his hair like a benediction, then took Dymphna's hand in his, giving her a squeeze.

"Let's go home," he said, even if Dymphna wasn't allowed to sleep there yet.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Dymphna on February 3rd, 2011, 7:14 am

“There’s no need to apologize for what you have no control over, Denen. I’m proud of you.”

A tiny sigh of relief was let out at the mention of going home, though. Not that she’d called it home yet. She wasn’t even sure she viewed it as home yet. It was safer not to think of it that way in the event things didn’t pan out the way everyone hoped they would.

She reached out to squeeze Denen’s wrist, offering him a warm smile lacking in any upset. She squeezed Sam’s hand, too. He’d taken hold of the situation, which she was also proud of.
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Character sheet

Postby Denen Sunsinger on February 4th, 2011, 5:11 am

End
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Words: 189953
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Mixcoatl on March 2nd, 2011, 11:17 am

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Denen

Experience
+1 Persuasion
+1 Rhetoric

Lore
Falling over
True friends
Protective aunts
Disapproving father
I kissed a boy, and I liked it
Lost a father, gained a family

Sama'el

Experience
+1 Rhetoric

Lore
Tackled awake
Gifting a best friend
Bonds of affection
Taking control of the situation

Dymphna

Experience
+1 Brawling
+1 Persuasion
+1 Rhetoric

Lore
No concept of time
Gifting a best friend
Worried for a friend
Proud of a friend

Additional Notes: Bahaha, Dani's on the short end of the XP stick again! Cute, you guys. Love watching this little future marriage (don't lie to me ._.) develop.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? PM me!

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous