[Verified by Neologism] Ivana

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Ivana

Postby Ivana on November 25th, 2015, 12:42 am

Ivana

Name: Ivana
    Race: mixed (Eypharian-human)

Likes: shopping, makeup, learning, books, fashion, herbal teas
    Merits: honest, practical, caring, confident, organised, clever, creative, inquisitive
    Goals: raise half-brother, get rich, buy nice stuff, learn new things

Birthday: 1st, Summer, 496 AV
    Birthplace: Ahntep
    Profession: Assistant Philterer
    Current location: Lhavit

Dislikes: violence, being alone, having to do without
    Flaws: vain, materialistic, socially inept, nosey,
    Fears: small spaces, confinement, Kalra's husband

Appearance
ImageIvana is a beautiful woman and fully aware of this fact. Some (the jealous, Ivana would say) would point out that at least part of that beauty came from her carefully made up face, but the fact that she never leaves the house without her makeup renders the point moot. To all that see her, Ivana has a flawless complexion, hair not a strand out of place and richly coloured, carefully selected clothes. While her wardrobe is by no means limitless, Ivana dislikes wearing the same exact outfit more than once, and likes to have enough jewellery to, at the very least, mix things up a little most of the time. For this reason she prefers a skirt and a top to a dress, as she can always switch one out if she wants to. She, like many other half-Eypharians, has the pheromones from her mother's people, although somewhat muted given her mixed ancestry.

ImageShe stands at a solid 5"7 in height, and has smooth dark brown skin, courtesy of both her Eypharian mother and human but well-tanned father. Her hair, naturally wavy and long, is often styled into either luscious curls or to fall straight as a sheet. She leaves it loose mostly, but is often inclined by simple practicality to have it in a tight bun at the nape of her neck. Given her mixed blood status, Ivana only has two arms, and both are on the skinny side of slender - a fact that causes the young woman a little annoyance. Her eyes are nearly black in colour, and her hair, un-dyed, a very dark brown. Ivana's appearances changes with the wind, and while to some her choices might seem whimsical and random, she takes a lot of care with her appearance, even when doing something as simple as taking a walk or going to the shops - one of her favourite, and oft repeated, activities.

Personality
ImageIvana is a confident, proud woman who doesn't give a damn what other people think of her. She has a very realistic view on her abilities and most insults are met with either a wry 'oh I know' or an equally polite, but firm, dismissal. Those that truly anger her might face a calm explanation of why they're wrong then a brief summary of their own failings but Ivana is not one to hold grudges and considers any sort of argument over the moment one person apologies, and is very willing to admit her own wrongs should she realize that the fault lay with her. While very prone to vanity, the care Ivana takes with her appearance is more due to her love of the art of makeup than any real desire to be prettier - after all, even without makeup she is, in her own mind at least, beautiful already. To her, her face is simply the canvas she paints on, and she loves trying new things and styles, and does so without the slightest concern whether or not they suit her. She can, given enough money and time, make some of the most unusual, eccentric styles work and, as in every other part of her life, is willing to try anything once.

ImageIvana's social skills are somewhat lacking. She's honest far beyond the point of rudeness, and does not know when to keep her mouth shut, or when another's business is not her own. Curious by nature, she has no qualms about simply asking someone a question when she wants to know something, regardless of how intimate or personal the question is. Ivana also has a limited concept on how to be reassuring, and while she would happily try to make someone feel better she has a tendency to do the exact opposite. Ivana likes to be organised, and tends to arrange everything into neat lists to help herself focus - and this was something she started to do at a young age, from making lists of all her friends (which were short) and all her outfits (which were not). Largely due to spending so much time alone when she was younger, Ivana is very independent. She prefers not to involve (worry) her beloved ones with problems she has if there is nothing they can do to help (although has no problem about seeking them out when, logically, their assistance is needed). Ivana's curiosity and materialistic nature has culminated in a woman who prefers to learn how to make, and therefore make herself, anything she has. This includes cosmetics, clothing, food and even furniture or jewellery. She is a woman of whims and passing fancies, but when she sets her mind to learning how to do something, she will not rest until she understands it. Given her general nosiness, this can give her several projects going at a time, which is not always a good thing.

History
ImageIvana's mother was an Eypharian actress, a beautiful woman named Kalra and wife of a wealthy fellow member of the Gilded class. Ivana's father was probably a travelling merchant, but for all her virtues fidelity was not one of Kalra's. When the daughter her husband thought was his had two arms instead of four, he was less than pleased, and even more so when Kalra could not tell him who the father was - he thought it was due to not wanting her lover to face his wrath, when in fact she simply did not know. Kalra begged her husband to let Ivana stay, and eventually he agreed under the agreement that Ivana would not leave the house, would not claim to be part of the family and, if anyone asked, she was the daughter of one of their shajeb, a young woman with a gift for art who was, given the amount of money she had compiled and the affectionate relationship she had with her masters, a slave in name alone.

ImageSo Ivana grew up isolated save for her family and their closest associates and most trusted slaves. While she had no real playmates, neither Ivana's education nor her comforts were lacking. Had anyone seen her room and the sheer number of clothes and accessories she had, there would have been no question about her true status. On occasion she was allowed outside, frequently on shopping trips with her 'mother', or, more rarely, to the various festivals throughout the year, but spent most of her childhood and adolescence indoors. Despite her luxuries, Ivana did have some difficulties. Most notably her father. While her mother visited rarely but often brought treats in the shape of perfumes, new clothes or her favourite foods, her father was scarce at first but more frequent as Ivana grew older. He hated the girl, knowing she stood for his wife's lack of fidelity and yet too much in love with Kalra to kill Ivana or have her enslaved, and often took his anger out on Ivana. Mostly he yelled or threatened her (a favourite threat was that he would have her enslaved and sold or whored out), although sometimes his abuse stooped into physical violence. After these attacks Kalra would take Ivana to her room, sit her down and cover up her bruises with makeup, letting Ivana explain what her father had said and then tell her whether or not he was actually able to carry out his threats. Most of the time, they were simply bluster, and the calm discussions they had did more to relax Ivana than any sort of platitudes or empty promises would have.

ImageThings came to a head for Kalra became pregnant again and, again, the child was two-armed and, this time, paler and with the startling blue eyes of a Benshira. To say her husband was furious was an understatement, and this time while Kalra swore the man had simply been a phet and meant nothing to her, he refused to listen and assumed, correctly, that she was protecting another lover (a Svefra man passing through for trading). This time his abuse was not aimed at Ivana, and was born from an instinctive, unstoppable fury. Kalra's sprisen, Myra, a woman Ivana had grown very close to over the last few years, walked in to find her mistress dead and Kalra's husband gone. Scared for both Ivana's and the newborn's sakes, Myra ran to the baby's room and took him and his half-sister away. Myra pledged herself to Ivana and swore fealty to her. The three, under the pretext of sisters and son, boarded a boat from Ahnatep and never looked back. It took them just over a year to reach Lhavit, where they intend to spend the rest of their lives.
Last edited by Ivana on January 10th, 2016, 8:54 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Ivana
Player

Words: 41570
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2015, 11:16 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ivana

Postby Ivana on November 25th, 2015, 2:35 am

KnowledgeImage

Languages
>Fluent language: Arumenic
>Basic language: Common
>Poor language: High Arumenic

Skills
Skill Acquired Total Proficiency
Cosmetology 10RB, 16SP 26 Competent
Philtering 15SP 15 Novice
Herbalism 14SP, 4XP 18 Novice
Perfumery 5SP 5 Novice
Socialization 3XP 3 Novice
Observation 4XP 4 Novice

Lores
>Lore of Ahnatep Culture
>Lore of History of Ahnatep

>Herbalism: Lily of the valley: uses and dangers
>Herbalism: Foxglove: uses and dangers
>Herbalism: The importance of dosage
>Herbalism: Arrowgrass: poisonous, though seeds can be eaten
>Herbalism: Herbal infusions vs Herbal infused oils
>Herbalism: Decoctions
>Herbalism: Infusions
>Herbalism: recognizing Batonal
>Herbalism: recognizing Chamomile
>Herbalism: Properties of Jasmine
>Herbalism: Properties of Connal
>Herbalism: Importance of taste
Last edited by Ivana on January 26th, 2016, 11:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ivana
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ivana

Postby Ivana on November 25th, 2015, 2:52 am

Possessions

Inventory

Clothing
Item Amount
Lightweight linen sleeveless robe 1
Lightweight linen sheaths 1
Lightweight linen undergarments 1
Lighteright linen cloak 1
Simple leather sandals 1

Cosmetics
Item Amount
Toilette Kit 1
Comb (bone) 1
Brush (bone) 1
Soap 1
Razor 1

Other
Item Amount
Backpack 1
Waterskin 1
Balanced rations/week 1
Eating knife 1
Flight and steel 1
Ink 3oz
Blank book 1
Quill 1
Kina 42.05

Heirloom
A beautiful scarf made of silk with beading and embroidery. It is far too thin to be used as anything other than an accessory, and was the only thing Ivana took from her home that survived their voyage to Lhavit intact.

Housing
>Location: Lhavit
>House: Solar Wind Apartment

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100K 100K
Toilette kit -15K 75K
Baby carrier/sling -1GK 74K
Herbalism class (novice) -25K 49K
Blank book -3K 46K
Ink (3oz) -3K 43K
Quill .05K 42.05K
Living expenses(common - 13 days, x2) -39K 3.05K
Last edited by Ivana on December 18th, 2015, 4:44 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Ivana
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ivana

Postby Ivana on November 25th, 2015, 2:57 am

Relationships

NPCs

Image >Name: Myra
>Age: 34
>Race: Human
>Relationship: Mother's former Sprisen slave,
>Description: Originally bought by a much older man for his pleasure, Myra was sold to Kalra the two met at a dinner Myra's master was hosting. Kalra took a liking to the Phet after a very brief conversation, and bought her as a companion and advisor. It took Myra very little time to learn when her role was to advise and when it was to agree with Kalra, and after nearly a decade the two had enough of a mutual affection that Myra willingly became her Sprisen. During this time Myra had often worked for Ivana too, taking the girl out of her rooms or just keeping her company when she didn't have any duties herself. After Kalra was killed by her husband, Myra took Ivana and Kysen away for their own safety and took the two to her old home - Lhavit.

Myra is ruthlessly practical, and has no qualms about screwing someone else over for her own - or Ivana and Kysen's - sake. While actual murder is a bit beyond her, what she lacks in skill she makes up for in callousness, and would happily pay another to do the deed. She values her relationship with Kalra immensely, and now that her old mistress is dead has sworn to protect and raise her two children as if they were her own. Partly due to her first master, Myra distrusts men and especially distrusts those that take, or appear to take, an interest in Ivana
Skills: Negotiation: 10, teaching: 10, botany: 5 seduction: 5

Image>Name:
Kysen (Ky for short)
>Age: 1
>Race: Mixed blood (Eypharian-Svefra)
>Relationship: Half-brother
>Description: Like Ivana, Kysen is the son of Kalra and one of her many human lovers. Unlike Ivana, Ky takes after his father, or at least so everyone assumes. The vivid blue eyes and light skin could not have come from Kalra's line, at least. Shortly after his birth, Kalra's husband accidentally killed her while in a jealous rage after realizing that Kysen was not his due to the lack of four arms. Kysen, like Ivana, was rescued from potential doom by Myra. With his first year of life spent near constantly on the move, Ivana and Myra are all the family he remembers. Although only one year old, Kysen's personality is already beginning to take shape. He loves the sea, and during their voyage from Ahnatep was always calmest when sat no the deck watching the waves. Given the amount of travelling the three did in his first year, he is used to new places and adapts to them easily. Likewise new people always receive a fearlessly friendly smile and attempted wave. He is very receptive to the moods of those around him - especially Ivana and Myra (and doubly so when the two argue).
Skills:
Last edited by Ivana on December 18th, 2015, 4:45 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Ivana
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ivana

Postby Ivana on November 25th, 2015, 4:25 pm

Threads

Calendar
Key
Occupied
Injured
Travelling
Reserved
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
91 92

Thread List

Winter 515 AV
Date Title Players Progress Acquisitions
A Day Out Solo

Fall 515 AV

Flashbacks
Date Title Players Progress Acquisitions
Last edited by Ivana on April 15th, 2016, 11:39 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Ivana
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Ivana

Postby Ivana on November 26th, 2015, 5:48 pm

Character Development

General Information ...

Basics
What is your name? Ivana. Ivana re Ahnatep I suppose would be equally appropriate, although I've never gone by it.
Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Ky calls me Van. I think that is because he can't manage the full word yet though.
How old are you? I'm nineteen.
What is your height? 5’8.
What is your weight? 8 stones 8

Aesthetics
Describe yourself as you see yourself. ...
Describe yourself as others typically see you. Surely that depends on the person looking? I am beautiful, some will deny that but few can do so honestly. If a stranger sees me, what will they see? That depends far more on them than it does on me. I might be a vain fool in one person's eyes, an object of jealousy or lust in another's.
What is your favourite body feature? But where to start? *laughs* I think I like my eyes. They are the same as my mother's, and respond most favourable with cosmetics.
How physically fit are you? Considering I grew up confined mostly to one room and when I escaped was confined mostly to one ship, not particularly.
How do you typically dress and what is your style? Ah, but it changes so often! I prefer dresses to trousers, and skirts to dresses - more clothes means more variety, after all. Long, flowing skirts.

Traits
Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I do only have two arms *laughs*... That aside, no.
Are you right handed or left handed? I'm actually ambidextrous. Myra thinks it's because of my mother's race, although I suppose we'll have to wait for Ky to get a little older before we know for sure.
What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Yes, I have an accent. For all that I've been trying to get rid of it. I speak Arumenic fluently and am learning Common. I was learning High Arumenic too, and I'd like to continue my lessons if possible.
Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? ...
Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? Hmm. The idea of permanently altering my body is an interesting one. I'll never get a tattoo, they're too obvious and unchangeable. I cannot imagine valuing anything enough to mutilate my body with its picture. I already have pierced ears, and the idea of perhaps a nose piercing or one on my naval does appeal to me.

Occupations
What is your occupation? ...
Do you like/dislike your work? Why? ...
If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? Rich - no, free. Wealth is something I only came to truly value when I lost it, but freedom is something I only understood when I had it.
What occupation do you admire the most? Why? ...
What occupation do you least like? Why? Violent ones. I cannot understand why a person would willingly choose to harm others for a living. I suppose if they have no other skills or uses, perhaps...

Past

Family
Who are your parents and what are they like? I imagine my father was a slave. I've asked a few times, but my mother keeps changing the story. I prefer to think that he was a merchant, or an explorer like my mother sometimes says. An explorer who flew away on a giant eagle.
Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have a half brother, Kysen. It's... not impossible I have other siblings from my father's side, although I try not to dwell on it.
What is your extended family like? An arrogant a group of sycophantic schemers as you will ever meet. At least on my mother's side. Although they did not know I was related to them - perhaps if they had they would have been less snide - and less honest. It says something about a person when they will easily talk of misdeeds in front of slaves (and assumed slaves) without concern that their words will be spread.
Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Myra is as much my mother as Kalra. If we go by amount of time I spent with her, more so. My biological father on the other hand means almost as little to me as Kalra's husband does. Make of that what you will.
Do you treat animals like family? ...

Where do you live now? Lhavit
If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? ...
Do you have a favourite place to vacation or spend leisure time? ...
Where do you fear to be? ...

Childhood
What sort of child were you? ...
What is your favourite memory from childhood? ...
What is your worst memory from childhood? ...
What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? ...
Who was your most influential rolemodel? ...

Education
What sort of education do you have? ...
Do you like/dislike learning? ...
Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? From books. I had plenty of them at home, and my tutors sessions were rare. I taught myself most of what I know from reading, and then practising myself when I was able.
How do you learn best? ...
What are your educational goals for the future? ...

Drugs and Alcohol
Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. No.I was never allowed to have alcohol. Given what it did to Kalra's husband, I cannot blame them.
Do you like to drink on a regular basis? No.
What sort of alcohol do you prefer? ...
Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? As with drink it is something I have never tried yet would like to try in the future.
What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. I think taking them would be an interesting experience, but only with sense, company (and for obvious reasons Myra and Ky would not be suitable) and care.

Actions
What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? ...
What is your greatest regret? ...
What is your best/worst memory? ...
If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? ...
What are you the most proud of doing in your life? ...

Personality

Likes and Dislikes
What are your hobbies? ...
Do you like to read? I love to. Preferably non-fiction books, however. I have read enough fictional ones that I have grown tired of cliches and obvious plot twists. Mysteries, when done right, intrigue me the most.
What annoys you more than anything else? ...
What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? ...
What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? ...

Favourites
What is your favourite colour or colours? ...
What is your favourite time of day? ...
What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? ...
What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? ...
What is your favourite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? ...

Self Image
What is your greatest strength as a person? My intelligence, I think. My pheromones too, in the right instance.
What is your greatest weakness? I am weak and small and frail. An easy target.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? ...
Are you generally introverted or extroverted? ...
Are you generally organized or messy? I like everything to be in order, colour-coded for my convenience.

Outlook
Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I like to consider myself a realistc, but, realistically, I do try and look on the positive side.
What are your religious views? ...
Would you be able to kill? I think everyone can, given the right circumstances. Do I believe killing is ever truly morally right? No. Would I kill anyway, to protect my family or myself? I believe so, and I believe that if I could not it would be a weakness, not a strength.
What are your views on sex? It would be an interesting experience, I think, although I do not understand the obsession some have with it.
What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? ...

Relationships

Relationships
Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? ...
Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? ...
Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I cannot see the reason for limiting oneself to a single gender, and I don't understand why anyone would want to.
Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. ...
Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. ...

Emotions
How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I am honest with those I am close to - lying regularly is a bad foundation for any relationship. Of course there are certain things I will not tell them for the sake of both simplicity and safety. In general, I think that lying, even in an attempt to be kind, is worse in the long run.
Do you have any biases or prejudices? ...
What makes you happy? ...
Who or what, if anything, would you die for? I suppose, Ky. If I died for him there would still be Myra to keep him safe. If I died so Myra could live she would be - she swore at my mother's death to protect Ky and I until the day she dies, it would be wrong not to respect her choice in that, or force her to break her oath.
What makes you angry? ...

Relationships
In general, how do you treat others? ...
Who is the most important person in your life, and why? ...
Who is the person you respect the most, and why? ...
Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. ...
Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why Myra. She did, after all. When her husband beat me, Kalra talked to me after, told me it would be all right and that she was sorry. He beat her to death. When Myra found out she told me it was not all right, that we had to leave or we would perish. I appreciate her honesty as much as I do her commitment.

Group Situations
Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I would not argue for the sake of argument, but I have no problem making my opinions clear.
Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? ...
Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? I prefer not to. I'm not used to crowds of people. I expect it's a skill I will learn with time.
Do you care what others think of you? Why should I?
What do you think of others, in general? ...

Philosophy

Beliefs
What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? ...
Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? ...
Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? ...
What lengths would you go to to please your deity? ...
Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? I have no deity I worship currently. However, any being that requires me to substitute my own moral code for theirs is not one I wish to follow.

Life and Death
What do you absolutely live for? ...
What is the best part of life? ...
What is the best part of death? I suppose I am curious to know what happens, what it feels like. Dying is a once in a lifetime experience and it will be interesting to see how it goes.
If you could choose, how would you want to die? By my own hand. I would rather take my own life than have it taken from me,
What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? ...
Ivana
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes