Solo Getting Settled [Bronze Wood]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Getting Settled [Bronze Wood]

Postby Victor Marivaldi on December 1st, 2015, 4:47 pm

Timestamp: Winter 1st 515AV

A light rain was making its way through the trees. Victor was trudging his way through the soft mud. In his sandals his feet are almost entirely covered in mud. His sandals were fine when living in Kalinor But after leaving he quickly learned that they arent ideal for travel. Especially in the wetter seasons. "Perhaps i should file down my toe nails and buy myself some proper gear for the wilds." Victors train of thought was distracted by the sound of his horse. He had reached the small clearing where he had set up camp. His fire had all but fizzled out in the rain. Victor slumped down onto a tree stump by the fire. "Another failed hunt, Living out here is harder then I thought" Victor rummaged through his bag Looking for some fruit. Hmmm this wont last the winter at all, hopefully my luck will pick up soon" He takes out a couple of apples that he had prepared earlier. Victor sucked it down eagerly knowing soon he may have to go without if he doesn't do something.

After taking some time out to eat and recover from the mornings Hunt victor gets up off his stump and decide to head back out for another try. "Even finding some berries at this point would do." "The rain seems to be clearing up a bit, should make for an easier time." With the lack of the sound of rain hitting the leaves Victor manages to hear a slight rustling in a nearby bush. He quickly stops in his tracks to try and find out what it was. A small white rabbit pokes its head out of the bush. "That should do nicely for dinner." Victor immediately unravels his lash and sends it flying in the direction of the rabbit. It hits about a meter to the left of the rabbit with a large cracking sound as it breaks some nearby twigs. "Damn it. I should have spent more time with my cousin before i left, he could have hit that eyes closed." The rabbit instantly darts in the opposite direction. "Looks like the chase is on"

Victor rushes after the rabbit through the bush picking up some light cuts from thorns. The rabbit has already gotten slight lead on Victor, darting through the forest. Victor sprinting as fast as he can after the rabbit, is throwing out his lash every couple of seconds trying to hit his mark but the speed hes moving at is throwing off his aim. After about a minute the rabbit finds itself cornered between Victor and a fallen tree. Finally finding an oppurtunity to get a hit in with his lash. Another large cracking sound can be heard through the forest but this time finding its mark the rabbit lay their. Its not quite dead but to injured to move, its leg is twitching slightly in the air as it lies on it back. "It should not be that hard to catch something that can barely gives food for a day." Panting, out of breath, Victor approaches the rabbit and kneels down to snap its neck.
Victor Marivaldi
Player

Words: 16574
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2015, 3:46 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Moving on [Bronze Woods]

Postby Victor Marivaldi on December 4th, 2015, 2:09 am

The camp was a mess upon returning. Contents from victors bag were strewn across the camp site. Charlotte was stood amongst it with an innocent looking face. "Oh what am i to do with you." Victor runs his hand down the horses mane. "Have you been at my food again? Keep it up and i might have to tighten your leash." Charlotte seems oblivious to the fact she's done wrong, returning to whatever she was doing before Victor got back. With a sigh Victor gets to work repacking his bags. This time remembering to keep them out of reach of the horse. You could see it in victors eyes how much he disdained being out here. He was longing for civilization again and a nice warm fire. Since leaving Kalinor most places Victor came across weren't to welcoming of him. there seemed to be a large mistrust of his people outside of Kalinor. Although Victor never really trusted Humans either, he was seriously considering leaving the woods to find somewhere to stay in Syliras.

A few hours passed by as Victor tidied up an prepared his freshly caught rabbit for eating. He hated having to wait for his venom to go to work when he was hungry. Luckily enough the size of the rabbit meant it didnt take too long. During the wait Victor decided to pack up camp and get everything into his saddle bags. It was time to move on from the woods. Either there was nothing to hunt around here or more likely Victor didn't have the skill to survive here for a prolonged period of time. Victor hops up into his saddle and spurs Charlotte on. "come one time to find us somewhere to stay.

The Sun was starting to set now. the evening sun mixed with the reflectiveness of the water dripping from the trees of the forest really was a beautiful sight. Victor took it all in as he rode through the forest, heading for Syliras. Although Victor had been in these woods for awhile he had yet to go into Syliras. He hadn't even come across anyone from the nearby city. There was an old trader in Kalinor he had once told him that Syliras was accepting of all kinds as long as they dont cause trouble. If there was any stock in his words was yet to be seen. The closer Victor got to Syliras the more he became visibly nervous. He was well aware of the fact he was alone in a foreign place with nowhere to go.
Victor Marivaldi
Player

Words: 16574
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2015, 3:46 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Getting Settled [Bronze Wood]

Postby Dove Brown on January 29th, 2016, 11:20 pm

Your Grades!
Brought to you on the wings of a Dove!

Please remember to edit your grading request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Name: Victor Marivaldi
XP Award:
  • Wilderness Survival (Forest) 1
  • Observation 2
  • Weapon: Symenestran Lash 1
  • Running 1
Lore:
  • Sandals are not ideal for travel
  • Wilderness Survival: Life in the wild is hard
  • Charlotte: my horse
  • Charlotte: goes after my food
  • Syliras: an accepting city?
Notes: You've made a good start with this, but you keep slipping between past and present tense in your writing. On Miz it's expected to stick to past tense because it's flexible for joining in and easy to read. Enjoy your grades and please remember to track you new lores and skills in your CS.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)