I am not lost... Just wandering! (solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Conrad on December 8th, 2010, 12:41 pm

1st of winter 17 bells 56 chimes

Conrad sighed as dropped his rucksack and backpack on the ground taking care that he didn't damage the bag off nuts, his little buddy would never forgive him for that. Conrad petted the sleeping bird on his shoulder and gentilly poked him int the feathers.
"Time for you to get up for a bit, I gotta set up the tent and stuff.I can't do that with you sleeping on my shoulder." The parrot just gave him a pointed look from underneath his wing before just stepping to the side a bit and trying to go back to sleep. Conrad just rolled his eyes before poking the bird again. "Now don't be stubborn and just get of my shoulder, or do you wanna sleep in the cold?"
The bird just squawked at being poked a second time. before flying away and sat down on the ground. "Sure sure, I'll hurry up so you can get some sleep again." Conrad laughed at the look the bird was giving and began rummaging through his backpack, pulling out the parts of the small tent. laying them gentily on the ground next to the backpack.
"Well i guess that is everything. So lets start putting it up again." He searched the parts and began shoving the poles, the parrot just ignoring his boss' problems and walked over to the rucksack laying on the ground and pulled the straps loose with his claws, crawling inside and began searching for the nuts that where always in the bag. Conrad completely oblivious as he was busy putting up the tent. He gave a loud whoop as he finally got the tent upright.
He looked around for his parrot frowning as he didn't see him.
"Hey little buddy where are you at?" Conrad grabbed his backpack and threw it inside. looking around. "oh no you don't!" Conrad said as he saw the gray tail feathers sticking out of the rucksack He reached inside the bag ignoring the squawking of the bird as he grabbed it. "You know you aren't allowed to eat the nuts I don't give you!" He pulled out the bird. "Ack, greedy bastard!" The bird squawked out. "I am not!"Conrad just blinked one time suprised at what he just siad and shook his head and remembered that the bird didn't understand what he said, he just said stuff.
He just opened his hand and let the bird climb onto his shoulder and grabbed the rucksack and threw it inside.
"Now lets go and figure out how that trapping thing works shall we?" Conrad bended over and walked inside the tent . Bending over the backpack he unstrapped the leather bonds that let the system hang from his backpack making it easy to take with him. He pulled out some scraps of food and then just walked out of the tent bent over, straightening up as he was outside, Looking over the mechanism.
"Well this doesn't look that hard." conrad said as he pulled the gate up, the gate easily sliding in its rails, a faint click was heared as the mechanism locked the gate in place. "Just pull this up and lay the bait onto the plate. and then putt it somewhere away from my campsite, at least something should go in it right?" Conrad muttered to himself and stood up, walking off towards a random direction.

OOC: I don't really know if the snare would work that way but in the price list it say's that it is a cage with a spring loaded trap.
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Conrad on December 8th, 2010, 6:26 pm

"Well this looks like a good spot." Conrad told himself, a big grin on his face. "Well tomorrow we are eating fresh rabbit little buddy!" he gave a big grin as he placed the trap on the ground and crouched next to it, taking the scraps of food out of his pocket and carefully laying it on the bait on the spring loaded trap. Unfortunately, Conrad accidentally pressed down on the plate triggering the closing mechanism of the trap, The gate slammed down on his hand, conrad yelped in surprise and shock as he saw it happen. "Eauch!" Conrad yelled and grabbed the gate again. "I swear something is watching me and making my life as miserable as he can right now!" He began pulling the gate open and slipped out his hand, before letting the gate slam closed again. "We got a wimp on deck, Squawk!" Conrad glared at the parrot, giving him a suspicious glance. "You really are getting way to good at throwing out appropriate sentences you know."
Conrad just turned around while he was nursing his hand muttering some rather insulting things about his parrot as he walked back towards his tent.

As he arrived back at his tent his parrot just flew directly in the tent, not wanting to be outside in this darkness.Conrad just chuckled before he ducked and walked into the tent following his bird. He pulled the backpack towards him and began looking inside searching for his blanket and bedroll.
He pulled them out and dropped them on the floor of the tent.His parrot just landed on the rucksack where the nuts where stored in. Conrad just chuckled at the behavior of his parrot." Sure little buddy you'll get some nuts in a moment." He scooted over to the rucksack and opened a flap, the parrot nearly diving in. "No you don't!" he held his hand in the way the parrot just looking up at him. "You know what I said no digging for nuts by yourself." He pulled out a handful off nuts and dropped them on the ground, the parrot quickly flew towards them and began to eat. Conrad just chuckled as he took some food out of his bag and began to eat, silence falling over his tent for the rest of the day after that.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Conrad on December 12th, 2010, 2:40 pm

Conrad yawned as he slowly was woken up by a parrot squawking in his ear.
"Fine,fine I'll get up, just keep your beak shut will you." Conrad grunted out as he threw the blanket off him, conveniently landing on the squawking bird, shutting the makeshift alarm clock up.
He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as his parrot struggled to get out from underneath the heavy blanket.
"why did you wake me up anyway? How late could it be?" Conrad muttered while he pushed open the flap of his tent being a bit surprised when the sun was already high in the sky.
"oh crap, I should have been on my way hours ago!" Conrad quickly began gathering up everything and stuffed it in his backpack, nearly getting his little buddy in the progress, though trough quick use of his beak he made it know to conrad that he was still in the blanket, not his problem that conrad would have a bleeding finger. He just flew towards the rucksack lying on the ground,watching with a slight twinkle in his eyes as conrad glared at him.
"That was not needed you know! I would have felt you.....eventually."
Conrad just sighed as he saw the parrot look at him and just continued to shove his bedroll and blanket inside his backpack. When he finally got it inside the backpack he threw it outside. Before grabbing the rucksack, His little buddy climbed up his arm and perched on his shoulder. He got outside and began pulling the tent down. Hurrying a bit to make up at least a bit for his lost time, shoving the tent into his backpack. Quickly strapping the rucksack around his waist and hoisting the backpack on his back.
"Lets check that trap that I set yesterday, won't we?" Conrad began to walk of towards the same direction he went in yesterday. Hoping that he got something edible in the trap.

"Petch.This." Conrad cursed as he saw the trap, still empty but the bait that he laid inside was gone. "I don't even am going to ask myself how I could screw this up." Conrad just picked up the cage and began fastening it again to his backpack.
"Well lets choose a direction again won't we? Which one do you prefer?" The parrot just squawked and moved his head up and down."
Conrad just nodded, "Sure we will just go allong in this direction then." Conrad smiled and just began to walk again.

---End----

OOC: I know the plains are a dangerous place, but conrad doesn't and he got a fair amount of luck. besides he meets his guides in only a few day's.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Cardinal on December 12th, 2010, 3:52 pm

Conrad

Skills
Wilderness Survival 1
Trapping 1

Lore
Successfully Trapping... Your Own Hand, Tent Setup

Notes: Aw, I love the bird. :) Since this was short, I wasn't able to award much, but hopefully something is better than nothing. And yes, Conrad is a lucky guy.
Note: I am getting back into the groove of things. Thank you for your patience.
Assistant Storyteller of Endrykas
My Office | Endrykas Lore | Endrykas Play | Drykas Lore
Cardinal
Secretly Itzpapalotl

Words: 12425
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office