To Work Leather (Sama'el)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Cardinal on January 28th, 2011, 5:13 am

“Aye, it was a fair price, but I like seeing a bit of fire in a future Ankal’s belly,” she said calmly. “Truth be told starting a pavilion from scratch is an expensive venture unless you find yourself a wife with a handsome dowry. Of course, that’s why you’re learning another trade… You’ll be fine, colt.”

She patted his arm and looked back down to the work at hand again. For a moment she seemed to simply peer at it thoughtfully. “It’s the thickest piece of leather. It makes nice belts and yvas pieces, but what we use it the most for here are the soles of shoes. The thickness from thickest to thinnest goes belly, butt, shoulder, neck. Now, take that piece right there. You will practice your stitching on that.”

She moved then, not bothering to look if he could carry all she’d given him alone. Off she went to lower herself back down where she’d been before.

“Facing is the lining of things. Such as the piece that is sewn to the inside of your pants to make a smooth edge. Or in your shirt, the pieces that tuck under so that you are able to have a rounded edge for a collar. Are you ready?”
Note: I am getting back into the groove of things. Thank you for your patience.
Assistant Storyteller of Endrykas
My Office | Endrykas Lore | Endrykas Play | Drykas Lore
Cardinal
Secretly Itzpapalotl

Words: 12425
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 29th, 2011, 9:26 pm

He sighed despite her assurances, trying not to despair of ever becoming an Ankal. There was just so much to do and to know, and the weight of future responsibility already seemed to hang on him when he let himself get discouraged. Nodding to her, he told himself he would drive harder bargains in the future. He picked up the leather she indicated, still juggling all her other accoutrements, and followed her back to her place, attempting to put everything in a place on the ground without dropping it all into a messy pile.

Finally he sat down among the carefully arranged things, though the order of them was known not even to Sama'el himself.

"I am ready, Grandmother," he said.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ganmedo on April 8th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Blessings from the Cupbearer

Sama'el

XP:

Leatherworking + 4

Lore:

Respect of the elderly
Being a cheeky, little colt

COMMENTS:

Sama'el, subtract 70 gm from your ledger.

Sorry to see this didn't get finished. If you need more modded threads in the future, let me know. Loves!
Ganmedo
The Cupbearer

Words: 7348
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous