Closed Hand in Hand

[Graham]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Hand in Hand

Postby Ife on January 4th, 2016, 8:55 pm

Timestamp

5th Winter, 515AV

“Are you nervous?”

”No.” In the mirror, Ife’s reflection glanced to her sister, who stood behind the short redhead with an unconvinced smile. ”Yes.”

“Perfectly normal. I could barely speak when I married your father.” Mia Windstride, the eternal comforter and hand-holder came beside her daughter and squeezed Ife’s shoulder tentatively. “It’s only natural, my dear.”

But her mother’s kind words did little to soothe Ife’s nerves. Her stomach was in knots, and her hands were shaking. The earlier sip of wine (“for confidence,” Mea had said before downing her glass) had not helped, either. If anything, it had only exacerbated Ife’s excited nervousness. She was thrilled to be getting married, and especially to Graham. She had known the male for so long that his face was one of her earliest memories, side-by-side her eldest brother as him and Royce caused mischief together.

“Men can be nervous too, Ma.” Brett chipped in, lounging in the background of Ife’s mirror. The youngest Windstride brother winked to his redheaded sister and added, “but not me. Obviously. I never get nervous.”

”Not unless you see a spider.”

“Eight legs! Who needs eight legs?”

Her brother’s arachnophobia, though something he had since grown out of, was a running joke between Ife and Breet. She used to booby trap their pavilion home with anything that remotely resembled a spider - grass, twigs, hay - before requesting that Breet investigate that area for some reason or another. To this day, the sound of his squeals were pitched in Ife’s memory, and always managed to make her laugh.

Mea continued to twist and plait her daughter’s hair whilst Anya, quite unfamiliar with such skill, simply stroked Ife’s arm. Whilst she appreciated their comforting touches and support, the Inarta was feeling smothered, crushed by their love. But then she felt guilty for thinking this: last night was the last time she would sleep in the Windstride clan home, or indeed take their last name. In less than a bell’s time, she would be Ife Whipmane. A married woman, complete with husband and in-laws.

Braken Windstride entered the pavilion, himself looking grey and nervous. Though it had been inevitable that he would one day guide his previous Baby Bird down the aisle, the old Drykas had lived in denial about this event for quite some time. She was still a helpless little girl in his eyes, mute and foreign and clinging to his chest. The question everyone had asked was how could she have survived?

But Braken had known the answer the moment he’d seen that little redheaded girl running towards his horse: because she is formidable and strong.

“Ready?” He asked quietly, speaking in Nari. Though neither of them could say more than a handful of words, none of the other Windstrides could speak the language of the Inarta at all. It was their secret code, and had been one of the first things to bond Ife with her adopted father.

”Ready.” She replied, her words shaky. After swallowing, Ife nodded and tried again. ”Yes. Ready.” Ah, sweet confidence.

After the rest of her family had exited to join the other guests, Ife and her father also stepped outside. With a final looking to Braken, Ife took the first step towards her wedding, and her marriage.
Threads: 5/5

As of the 15th Winter, Ife is pregnant. She will be suffering from sickness, bloating, and will be constantly ravenous. No food source is safe
Ife
Chase the Sky

Words: 87310
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 3:46 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Hand in Hand

Postby Graham Whipmane on January 11th, 2016, 5:16 am

His sisters and mother had dragged Graham from his tent before dawn, excited at the chance to make the usually scruffy and unruly man presentable for his big day. The entire Pavilion was abuzz with activity, everyone pitching in to move furniture, food and drink to the nearby clearing that the ceremony was to be held. Graham was almost sick with nerves as he allowed his mother and his sisters to do as they pleased with his appearance.

They'd sat him down outside the Pavilion's main tent and set to work, his mother trimming and tidying his hair while Johanna had taken to chance to shave his face. Little Mirella had set about cleaning and mending his nicer clothes, chattering excitedly with their younger half-sisters as she worked. For the most part they left Graham to his thoughts. When they were done and Mirella had handed him his clothes he returned to his tent, changing quickly and taking a moment to clear his mind.

He was overcome with nerves and excitement. On one hand, he was beyond happy to take this step with Ife, to truly start a life as husband and wife and begin building a family with her. His nerves stemmed from his lack of familiarity with the Goddess Cheva. The fact that he would be putting such an important moment into the hands of an unfamiliar goddess unnerved him, and he strongly wished that the ceremony could have been presided by a more familiar god or goddess, such as Zulrav or Semele.

After a long moment, Graham knelt in his tent, bowing his head and clearing his mind as he did when he prayed to the other gods. Cheva… He started, somewhat hesitant. Goddess, I pray that you can see the true depth of my love for Ife, and I pray that her affections are true enough to match mine. I ask that you bless us with your presence today, and that you gift us your mark, to bind us as one. The prayer was short, and much different to what he was used to. Pushing himself to his feet somewhat awkwardly, Graham finished preparing and set off.

Graham arrived first, as was custom. The ceremony was to be held in a wide, flat clearing mid-way between both of their Pavilions. Already it was crowded, family and friends milling about, chatting and laughing happily. Shoulders stiff and hands twisted anxiously together, Graham quickly made his way over to his father.

"Are you ready, son?" The Ankal asked, a proud smile spreading his weathered face. Graham nodded, slightly comforted by the presence of his father and Ankal, and they turned to await to arrival of his bride.

*Replies will be slower until Jobthread's have been completed*
Graham Whipmane
Player

Words: 59773
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2015, 9:47 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hand in Hand

Postby Ife on January 14th, 2016, 8:50 am

Each step bought Ife closer to her marriage, to her groom and Cheva. And, likewise, with each step her smile flickered wider and the knots in her stomach began to unravel. She breathed easier, and beside her Braken squeezed her arm, a sign of his everlasting comfort and support.

That walk down the aisle was far longer than Ife expected it to be. She passed distant relatives who she could barely remember, but she smiled at them regardless. In the fourth row of guests, she saw her line of dedicated friends, all either married or pregnant themselves. As she grinned at them, the young women rubbed their bellies or touched their Cheva marks as if to say Welcome to the Dark Side, at least!

Eventually Ife was no longer passing her guests, but instead she stood before them. Braken, after releasing a heavy sigh, touched his lips to her forehead. “Happy wedding day, Baby Bird.” He murmured against her flushed skin. Finally, the older Drykas passed his daughter’s hand into Graham’s. Though he had celebrated their engagement as happily as any father would, now he watched the familiar face of Graham Whipmane with an even gaze. “Look after her.” He said sagely before finally releasing his grip on Ife’s hand and joining his family and children in the audience.

Ife said nothing, fearful that there was some unspoken rule that bride and groom shouldn’t speak until their were pronounced man and wife. But she smiled, firstly at Graham and then to the officiator who stood before them both.

And finally the ceremony began, with vows and promises that would last a lifetime.
Threads: 5/5

As of the 15th Winter, Ife is pregnant. She will be suffering from sickness, bloating, and will be constantly ravenous. No food source is safe
Ife
Chase the Sky

Words: 87310
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 3:46 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Hand in Hand

Postby Graham Whipmane on February 12th, 2016, 6:59 am

Graham's breath caught when Ife finally entered his line of sight. There wasn't anything truly different about her, her hair was more ornate than usual, and her clothes were more formal, but Graham couldn't tear his eye's away from the beautiful young woman. He watched, bewitched, as she moved to join him, smiling at her friends and family. Part of him wanted to dash down the isle and sweep her into his arms, rush her back to the officiator and hurry through the ceremony so that he could finally call Ife his wife. However, Graham knew the deep importance of the ceremony, both to Ife and their families and friends.

As Braken passed over his daughters hand, Graham finally let loose a low breath, his tense shoulders relaxing slowly. He squeezed her smaller hand gently, a soft smile playing over his face, both switching his gaze to Braken. "I will." He assured the Ankal with a serious nod.

The officiator began the ceremony, and it was with great difficulty that Graham tugged his attention away from Ife to pay attention to what was being said. He had been to many weddings through his life, and his own was much the same, the officiator beginning by greeting those in attendance. It was only when Graham was prompted to begin his own vows that he truly pulled his attention beyond the two of them.

He had tried to prepare some sentimental words for the occasion, but the carefully chosen words had fled him, and for a moment Graham did nothing but stare into Ife's eyes, his mouth slightly open and his mind fumbling about as he tried to get his bearings.

"Ife..." he began, his voice a low and deep as he took Ife's other hand, bringing the two of them to face each other fully. "I promise to protect you, to provide for you and give to you all that I can. I promise from this day forward that you will never walk alone, and that I will always love you, with each and every beat of my heart." Graham took a steadying breath and smiled faintly. "I vow, in sight of the gods, our family, and our friends, to stand by you and these words until my last breath."

*Replies will be slower until Jobthread's have been completed*
Graham Whipmane
Player

Words: 59773
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2015, 9:47 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes