Hello!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello!

Postby Sava on January 11th, 2016, 5:35 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
Call me Ash, Ashley or Sava. Hey you works just as good too but isn't as polite ;)
2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I have a few good years. Some chat, some RP, some murder-mystery-dinners, and the one time failed LARP. It all equals to ten-ish years on and off.
3. How did you find us?
I've actually been here before, didn't even make it to sign up before I gave up. That being said I can't remember how I found you guys, probably the all powerful Google.
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
Depends on the RP. In a general sense I like adventure/fantasy/mystery, not necessarily in that order.
5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
That's simple enough. I enjoy writing romance & action, they can go in almost any scene as short or as long as needed. I don't care for writing sexual scenes, I get awkward and the writing feels too forced so I prefer to just not write it.
6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
The layout of the website. It's very organized and unlike many it doesn't look like an RP forum. Most forums are look OOC except for the posting part, this one feels much more…real? I don't know how to say it. I just like it. There are other things I like but this is what brought me back, the organization of it all.
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
The lore. While I love to read it seems like everything makes me click to read more, then another click, then another until I feel like I'm being click-baited DX. I feel like I'll never be ready to play! At the same time it's enjoyable to read, a half-built world that I can sneak into.
8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
I couldn't say. Maybe writing experience? A distraction from boredom? A new RP experience? A chance to interact with a large base of writers? It could be any of these things or none of them, it really is hard to say because I hadn't given it much thought. I just like to RP.
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
That would be a no. I can barely get through what's here, let alone imagine expanding it! Not saying growth isn't a good thing but not on my current to-do-list.
10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Time is an important thing for anyone on an RP site or so I've found, so I'll be honest in saying I have one or two days a week to of solid time to spare. When I'm not doing something with my dog/reptiles, working or driving I tend to be sleeping or crocheting things for my not-a-business-business but in-between then I hope to be floundering happily here.
Sava
Player

Words: 10867
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2016, 3:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Saej on January 12th, 2016, 12:01 am

Welcome to Mizahar! If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask them here or in the chat.

I understand how the lore can be a bit much, it takes a bit but it's pretty simple enough to learn. You figure out what's important and what's frivolous as you go along, or at least I did. Where do you think you'll be starting out? I see you've picked a Zith. They're my favorite race, though I've never played one. Maybe I'll make one up, sometime, I dunno just thinking out loud. :) Have fun! Try not to get too swamped now!
ImageImage
°*·Speaking in Common|¤|Speaking in Nari|¤|Thoughts·*°
Saej
Spiral Out

Words: 103413
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2014, 2:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Hello!

Postby Yisanareysin on January 13th, 2016, 1:38 pm

The lore does get kind of frustrating at times. Don't try to absorb it all at once, you'll get confused like that. Just make sure to check back with the lore frequently and before you know it you'll have the hang of it :3

I look forwards to threading with you in our fine, zombie infested city.
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Hello!

Postby Sava on January 14th, 2016, 4:26 pm

Saej: I've learned to skip things that aren't immediately necessary for me know and bookmark them for later reading! Helps a lot! I happened to see Zith on the front page and even after glancing over the other races they just seemed to really pop for me, if you ever do make one maybe they'll even interact ;) Alvadas is where I've landed her for now, NPC Zith are there, so she fits right in.

Yisanareysin: As long as I'm not clicking too much, bookmarking and favoriting lore has been the easiest way! Me too, looks to be interesting thread and some action with the city :D

Thank you both for the warm welcomes!
Sava
Player

Words: 10867
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2016, 3:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Firenze on January 30th, 2016, 10:23 pm

Hi Sava! Welcome!

I know I'm a little behind on this but I wanted to drop a line and say Hello. I completely understand that the Lore can feel a little overwhelming and you're right; If there are things that might seem interesting but might not pertain to your character at this point book marking and reading when you need it is the best way. When I first started it seemed kind of scary and intimidating. There are still a lot of things that I don't know but you learn as you go. That's what makes writing here even better because you can be here for years and still learn something new!

If you have any questions Chat is can be a great place to stop and get them answered, there are always people there who are willing to help.

Do you know where your character is going to be located? Perhaps if our character are in the same area we can get them together!

Happy writing! Look forward to seeing you around :)

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Hello!

Postby Tail on February 6th, 2016, 2:33 am

WELCOME!

Glad you have founded our wonderful site. Mizahar, it truly is wonderful. Yes, the lore can be quite confusing and complicated. Especially some of the race lore and magic lore. Well, in my opinion. But, I humbly welcome you to this wonderful site of Mizahar. The community here is cordially gregarious. And Chat is friendly as well. And very helpful, if you need help with answers, you can always drop into chat. Thanks for joining us on Mizahar, may your journeys be fulfilled with adventures.

Credits go to Graham Whipmane
"It's not where the journey takes you. It's where you take the journey."

Secret :
Credits to Avatar go to Nivel.
Tail
Player

Words: 81228
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 12:49 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets