[Streets of Avanthal] Another Year Past, Not Dead Yet (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Emee on December 19th, 2010, 9:58 am

A tear danced down Emee's cheek as his skin color was pointed out. He was clearly cursed, and everyone could see it. Who had cursed him? Syna came to his mind as the most probable. He had not done her anything, but sometimes the choices of gods were blurred of reason for mortals. It seemed Syna wanted him to be as the mortals as long as she could control his visage. "Yes. I am brown," came his response. It was short, but the words were clearly affected by the mood bought forth in him by the big stranger.

Emee was surprised by the stranger's need to hug him, but he decided it was best not to resist. The stranger was clearly more powerful than him, and he would rather be able to move all his limbs like they should be moved after this encounter. Therefore, he raised his six arms and reached out for the big man who came stumbling towards him. He even faked a smile.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Words: 42624
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 12:36 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Viktor on December 19th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Viktor stopped dead in his tracks as the stranger raised three pairs of arms. He concluded that the man couldn't really look like this. His mind, being in the intoxicted state that it was, must surely be playing tricks on him. With a conclusion reached he closed the distance and embraced what he could only assume was a hallucination. A very real feeling hallucination... As he pulled away, he examined the man closely, particularly the other arms. "Wow, you really do exist! Either that or the drink has hit me harder than I expected. Regardless, you must be the luckiest person ever! I wish I had that many arms!" The kelvic stated, his accent showing through now that he had switched to the common tongue. "All I can do is turn into a bear." He shrugged, imagining the things he could do with the extra appendages, though at the moment all he saw was himself holding 6 different mugs of the very drink that had gotten him into this state. "The skin is nice too, dark colors make me warmer for some reason, so that would be handy too." With a pat on the stranger's back, Viktor turned to the pair from earlier. "I found the luckiest person in Avanthal!" He exlaimed proudly, his signature foolish smile once again popping up.
Memorable quotes (Or, really just quote at the moment, but more will come!)
"She is not fish. She is a person too!"
Viktor
Looks like a grizzly, acts like a teddy bear

Words: 35444
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 10:25 am
Location: Standing behind you. Don't turn around though because I'm in stealth mode.
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Chrystal on December 21st, 2010, 12:46 am

I found the luckiest person in Avanthal! Chrystal was panting heavily, Rain had reached the two men a good few moments ahead of her. Why do they have to run so fast! She looked up to see what the big man was talking about to see a man with six arms. Six! She's heard there were men with many arms but she's never seen one. "You have no idea how easier it would be to play the harp with that many hands! It's so cool!" She felt like she was regressing back to the little girl in her. She gigled lightly, "I'm Chrystal, nice to meet you!" She leaned in closer to whisper into the stranger's ear. "You'll have to excuse him, he's celebrating his birthday," She remebered him scolding Rain and added, "but don't tell him I told you, it's supposed to be some kind of secret." She giggled again. I knew today was a good day to take a walk, but I think the big one's rubbing off on me. I'm becoming drunk with laughter. She laughed at her bad inside joke.
Chrystal
Harper

Words: 2018
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2010, 12:13 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Adrain Skyglow on December 22nd, 2010, 1:17 am

Rain sits down in the snow and stares at the several-armed man."I have never seen one of your kind it will be a complete and total honor if you would allow me to sketch a picture of you to add into my collection." He thought that the others of his hold would be surprised that one such as him would be able to get a sketch of such a rare race let alone sketch it himself."Please I havent been able to find anything good enough to sketch in awhile I promise that's all I want."
Adrain Skyglow
Player

Words: 1427
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2010, 12:00 am
Character sheet

Postby Emee on December 22nd, 2010, 9:54 am

Emee was surprised at the reactions he received from the strangers. Perhaps it wasn't so bad? It was still him, but a different life. He couldn't recall exactly what he was like in that life, but he knew this was not the life his body belonged to. "Thank you. But this just isn't who I am... It feels wrong, even if it's a good thing to have this many limbs. Eypharians think of themselves as a superior race, and I do not wish for superiority." Emee tried to talk like mortals did, but he did not know enough emotions yet to put passion into his words. He hoped this would come with time, for talking like this made him poke out even more.

"You may sketch me if you'd like, whenever you'd like. If it takes more than one day, I suggest you stop sketching at sundown." Emee said this thinking that the stranger didn't want a sketch of an Ethaefal, but the words of Leeshela Coolwater the first night they had met echoed in his head. Ethaefal were rare, perhaps even more than Eypharians. That was no surprise really, seeing as they didn't belong among mortals. "Actually, does your collection include any of the Children of Leth?"

OOC: Trying out frames, does this look good or is it just messy? :P
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Adrain Skyglow on December 22nd, 2010, 9:40 pm

Adrain sits there mesmerized by the man with many arms."Actually I do not have any sketches of a Child of Leth, why are you asking?" Rain lays back in the snow and stares at the clouds in the sky."To think such a dull gray turns into a multiple colored light at darkness, it makes you wonder how Morwen found such a place to have us live."
Adrain Skyglow
Player

Words: 1427
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2010, 12:00 am
Character sheet

Postby Emee on December 23rd, 2010, 1:27 pm

"Because I am only the luckiest person in Avanthal when the moon does not shine." Emee looked up and studied the same clouds and sky Rain stared at, as if looking for Leth. The next few words he whispered to himself, not expecting to be heard. "I am Ethaefal." He wondered how much time he had with the mortals before someone came and carried him home. He was hoped it wouldn't be too long, but what if it took several ages? What if it never happened? Would he be trapped in this world, just watching people die around him as their lives came to an end while he would keep going until Leth himself died? That would sadden him. But if that was the case, at least he would have time to study Mizahar as it was now, and change it to a better place.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Chrystal on December 25th, 2010, 4:15 am

"Really? Oh, that's so cool! You really are the luckest person in Avanthal. I've never seen a real Ethaefal before! You get to be two things at once from what I've heard. Oh! But why do you seem so sad about it?" She couldn't help but notice he was a little reluctant to tell about both forms and thaat he might actually be upset with it.
Chrystal
Harper

Words: 2018
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2010, 12:13 am
Character sheet

Postby Emee on January 5th, 2011, 8:40 pm

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to seem sad. I'm sure I could appreciate it if I had only one of these shapes. It's so unnatural, to be one person at day and another at night. And confusing. And even if I have the shape of this Eypharian, this was once a different man from earlier ages." Emee pointed to his body. "For all I know, I could have been a bad man at that time."
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Previous