[Flashback]Falling Into Reality (Triniel)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Leyla on December 14th, 2010, 4:50 am

3rd of Fall 510AV
Leyla opened her eyes, unaware of when she had fallen asleep or where she was. She looked around and found fish darting frantically around her. She wondered what the alarm was. She tried to make out what was in the distance but only saw dark shadows. She noticed the fish were swimming in a circle, getting tighter around her. I've never had a dream like this before. She swam to the edge of the circle, still not realizing what was happening. She stopped looking at bits of the picture and floated back a little and looked at it in one big picture. She realized she saw netting. Now why would netting be underwater. The fish were now so close they were rubbing up against her, and she grew rather uncomfortable. She was starting to feel a pressure in her chest.

She began to laugh at the strange dream and exchanged a mouth full of bubbles with water that burned her lungs. She instinctively gagged but just swallowed more water. Her lungs were beginning to feel like sandpaper was swooshing in her chest, rather than water. Her eyes doubled in size as she realized that this was no dream, she was really underwater, being swarmed by fish inside a fishing net. With a sharp pain she also realized she gave up all her air.

She started to swim to the top and became dizzy. Black spots cloud my vision and things became blurry with each second. This is not how I imagined dying. The net began rising toward the sky, it gave her hope but it seemed to come up too slow, everything did. Maybe it was her lungs that were achingly aware of each second underwater. She slowly slipped into the darkness. All she could hear was her slow heart beating. But for how long?
From a whole other world. Fallen into mystery. For her life to become one.
Leyla
The night sky, it calls me...

Words: 4276
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2010, 1:46 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Triniel on December 22nd, 2010, 10:45 pm

What a glorious day! Savina Coolwater had taken off of work to relax, since she had been busy as usual with Mirror Lake. With her eyes focused and her hands skilled, Savina made her way out to one of the lakes in Avanthal. It wasn't quite cold enough for the water in the lake to freeze, and Savina was glad. All she wanted to do was relax and go fishing, maybe catch some dinner. Reaching the center of the lake, Savina put the oar down and grabbed up the net, tossing it out into the water. "Hopefully I catch something," she muttered to herself, as she took a seat in the boat. It wasn't often she took a break from her work, mostly because it was as if she was married to it. One in a while thought, she liked to take a break to calm her ever stressing nerves.

Looking around at the scene around her, Savina let out a small smile of satisfaction. Thank Morwen for such a glorious day! she thought to herself, as she looked out at the calm water. Being the type of Vantha who liked instant gratification, Savina started pulling in the net, to see if she had caught anything. As she was pulling the net up, Savina's brow furrowed. The net was a bit heavier than she had remembered, and it hadn't been that long ago since she last fished. Pulling harder on the net, almost to the point of straining herself, Saving felt the net start to come up again. Peering over the boat as she was pulling, Savina gasped when she saw what was the cause of the problem; there was somebody IN the net! As if lightning had struck her, Savina pulled at the net frantically, trying to get what appeared to be a girl out of the water. It took a few hard pulls, but there was enough of the girl above water for Savina to grab onto her. Grabbing the girl, net and all, Saving pulled and pulled until the girl was in the boat. Almost falling over as she got the girl laying down, Savina knelt in the boat, not knowing if the girl was alive or not. She certainly wasn't from around here, and this stranger wasn't an Inarta either. Forgetting about her curiosities for a moment, Savina asked, "Hello? Can you hear me?" When she didn't get a response, Savina put her head to the girls chest, barely able to hear her slow heartbeat. Panicking, Saving started pumping her chest like she saw a Whitevine do, when a child had stopped breathing. She pumped the chest for a few rounds, hoping she was doing it right. "Girl? Can you here me? Are you alive?" she asked, as she continued to do chest impressions.

MOD NOTESorry it took so long! I was trying to figure out which Coolwater to use.

Credit Is Due To Jen For The Lovely Set
Triniel
Avanthal's Princess

Words: 15508
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2010, 1:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Power Fork (2)

Postby Leyla on December 24th, 2010, 1:08 am

Leyla could hear a faint voice in the distance. "Leth?" Her lungs ached and her heart slowly sped up. She wondered why her heart was beating so heavily while she tried to open her eyes which seemed to have been weighted down. She choked and gagged when she tried to take a breath, spitting up water. Water? She slowly opened one eye than another and saw a woman frantically pounding at her chest. What was she doing? She looked around the woman, almost through her, and noticed the dark sky and bright lights.

She screamed, millions of questions floating through her head. Why are the skys up there? Shouldn't she be amoung them? She looked around, for anything familiar but nothing seemed like the sky at all. She grabbed onto the woman's shoulders, lightly shaking her in desperation. "Where am I!" She sat up, a bit too quickly, feeling faint and noticed that they were on a boat in the water. Water... Something happened in the water, something important. "Something... something important..." she slowly repeated, more to herself. She grabbed onto the edge of the boat, looking down into the water trying to find some clue, causing the small boat to rock. She suddenly started to realize how cold and wet she was, shivering like mad. Did I just come out of that? She closed her eyes and breathed in and out slowly, trying to calm herself before looking up at the woman. "Where am I?" It was barely audible, yet that and her whimpering showed just how scared and confused she was.
From a whole other world. Fallen into mystery. For her life to become one.
Leyla
The night sky, it calls me...

Words: 4276
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2010, 1:46 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Triniel on January 3rd, 2011, 6:38 am

As Savina continued the compressions, suddenly the girl was animated. Before she knew what was happening, the girl was screaming and Savina was being shaken. "Calm, calm! You are in Avanthal," Savina replied, curious as to why this young girl was so upset and freaked out. Sure waking up in a new place must be freaky, but she couldn't be far from home, right? This girl sounded like she had no idea what had happened, and that scared Savina a bit. "Do you remember what happened Miss?" Savina asked, ash she noticed the girl shivering. Without thinking twice about what she was doing, Savina moved around in the boat, retrieving a blanket from under the seat she was sitting on. Wrapping it around the girl's body, Savina smiled. "That should warm you up a bit. As I said before, you are in Avanthal, home to Queen Morwen in the Taldera Region. Shivering like that you must not be around here, or even heard of Avanthal. Unless you're a local, it's probably not the best idea to go swimming either," Savina said, letting a small chuckle escape her lips.

Looking at the girl, Savina noticed for the first time that the girl looked exactly like a Vantha, but for some reason, Savina couldn't place her. "I'm Savina Coolwater, of the Coolwater Hold. Do you have someplace warm to go and clothes to change into, or would you like to come back to the Hold, and I'll get you dry again?" Savina offered, as she took another look at the girl. Seeing that the girl was still shivering, Savina decided that it would be best to head to land anyway, no matter what the girl chose. Grabbing the oar, Savina started rowing the two of them towards shore. "I'm going to get you to land Miss. From the sounds of it, I'm guessing you don't like the water much so there is no need for you to be out in the middle of it," Savina said, offering a small smile to the wet and confused girl.

Credit Is Due To Jen For The Lovely Set
Triniel
Avanthal's Princess

Words: 15508
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2010, 1:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Power Fork (2)