Closed Hunting Together with Ermir

Thymara and Ermir meet and decide to go on a hunt.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Hunting Together with Ermir

Postby Thymara Younglight on February 1st, 2016, 12:16 am

Times Stamp - 23rd of Winter 515

Thymara readied herself for a day out hunting, dressing quickly on her simplest set of clothes and checking the fletching on her arrows, she didn't particularly need the food, and if she got anything the money would be nice, but mostly she needed to get out of the pavilion and occupy her mind. Her parents had been pressuring her for weeks to get out and meet a man, and she had almost reached her breaking point, she just needed a few hours without them. So slinging her pack onto her back and grabbing her bow, Thymara mounted her strider Lazhae and set off at a steady trot to The Hunter's Alliance to try and find a hunting partner that wasn't related to her. She swung herself off her horse almost before that had stopped, and whispering a few assuring words in her mounts ear and making sure that she would stay, she strode quickly into the tent without paying much attention to her surroundings, and smacked right into the chest of a tall, muscular man with slightly graying hair who seemed to be exiting the tent. "Oh, sorry." She said, bouncing back in shock.
Thymara Younglight
Player

Words: 4344
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2016, 1:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Ermir Deepstride on February 1st, 2016, 12:36 am

"Oof..." He gave a soft smile at the shorter girl, putting a gentle hand on her shoulder to steady her, "It's quite alright, you're not hurt are you?" His eyes whizzed over her body, checking for any obvious injuries. He gently pulled her to the side of the entrance way, "Hmm, you don't seem hurt. Were you distracted perhaps?" He took his hand from her shoulder, "Maybe I can help, is there something you're looking for?" He seemed a little oblivious to the fact that his relatively impressive physique was on display due to the revealing nature of his riding attire.
Last edited by Ermir Deepstride on February 2nd, 2016, 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Common-Pavi-Tukant
Ermir Deepstride
Player

Words: 4485
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2016, 10:34 am
Character sheet

Postby Thymara Younglight on February 1st, 2016, 12:48 am

Thymara grinned up at the tall man, "I'm quite fine, I've had worse than a little bump in my day, I should have been paying more attention, but now that you mention it," she shifted to a more balanced stance, and let her gaze briefly flicker across the mans body before looking back up at his face. "I came here in search of a hunting partner, and you seem like you'll do just fine if you're up to it, so long as you don't mind being a distraction from the grief my parents have been giving me." She extended her hand in greeting. "The names Thymara, it's a pleasure to meet you."
Thymara Younglight
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ermir Deepstride on February 1st, 2016, 1:00 am

He raised an eyebrow at the presumptuousness of the girl, though it quickly changed to a smile. He took her hand and gave it a good shake, "Ermir, the pleasure is mine. As for your parents, I'm sure it isn't so bad. Though I am glad that you are not injured, even if you are quite brusque about what you want." He tilts his head slightly towards Embarr, his Strider, and whistles, both the horse and a dog approaching with a brisk pace, "This is Embarr, and Amun." He motions to each of them respectively and gives them both a good pat on the side before pulling the longbow off Embarr's Yvas, "Did you have somewhere in mind to hunt?"
Last edited by Ermir Deepstride on February 2nd, 2016, 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Common-Pavi-Tukant
Ermir Deepstride
Player

Character sheet

Postby Thymara Younglight on February 1st, 2016, 1:14 am

Thymara rolled her eyes as she whistled for Lazhae, "If I spent all day talking about what I wanted, nothing would ever get done," and when her horse had approached, "This is Lazhae." She strung her bow, "And you really have no idea about my parents. They've been pressuring me to get married for nonstop for weeks, it's unbearable, I'll never meet someone if they keep breathing down my neck like they are now, I just had to get out for a few hours." She stopped for a moment, shifting her weigh and looking down with a mild flush to her cheeks. "I was just kind of running away from my problems when I left my pavilion, I....wasn't really thinking, so, do you know any good hunting spots?"
Thymara Younglight
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ermir Deepstride on February 1st, 2016, 1:38 am

He chuckled a little as Amun decided to poke Thymara's thigh with her nose, "I know of a couple. We'll have to go quickly though, don't want to lose daylight while we're still out there." He gave Amun a quick pat and a whisper before slinging his quiver across his back, "Though I can't help but agree on your point of talking about what you want. So, taking that point..." He paused his sentence as he climbed onto Embarr's back and gave her a smile, "Let's get going..."
Last edited by Ermir Deepstride on February 2nd, 2016, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Common-Pavi-Tukant
Ermir Deepstride
Player

Character sheet

Postby Thymara Younglight on February 1st, 2016, 1:55 am

Thymara swung herself up onto Lazhae with a grunt. "Winter days are far to short, I feel like it starts to get dark almost as soon as I wake," She settled herself onto her horse and rearranged her pack and bow so that she was sitting in a more comfortable position. "Lead the way, we don't have time to waste." And followed Ermir on his way into the grasslands to what was hopefully a good hunting spot.
Thymara Younglight
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ermir Deepstride on February 1st, 2016, 2:12 am

He started off going at a pace that Amun could easily keep up with. He made sure that Thymara was close by the whole time, he didn't want her to get lost out here. Embarr soon slowed down to naught more than a cautious trot, giving Ermir a quiet whinny. Even Amun knew to be silent, quickly making sure she wasn't panting anymore. He motioned for Thymara to be as quiet as possible as he pointed towards a slight rustle in the grass. He mimed firing an arrow at it and pointed to Thymara, obviously telling her to take the shot.
Common-Pavi-Tukant
Ermir Deepstride
Player

Character sheet

Postby Thymara Younglight on February 1st, 2016, 2:28 am

Thymara slowed Lazhae to a stop and shushed her mount. She nodded stiffly at Ermir as she pulled an arrow from her pack drew back her bowsting, focusing on the rustling patch of grass, concentrating on the angles of the shot. Before it was too late, she released the arrow and as it made a quiet little whish, she let out a sigh of relief. She never liked to admit how stressful hunting, or doing anything, with strangers could be. She had to be good, otherwise, what was the point? When the arrow met its mark and the grass stilled, she allows herself to relax just a little bit more, she'd done it. No more embarrassment today.
Thymara Younglight
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ermir Deepstride on February 1st, 2016, 4:11 am

He smiled a little and gave Thymara a quick nod before whistling, sending Amun over to check it out. The hunting dog gave two short barks, indicating that it was deer. Ermir's smile grew wider and he reached over to tap Thymara on the shoulder, "You did great! Let's go take care of it before Amun decides to take her fill." He chuckled slightly and nudged Embarr onwards towards the carcass of the deer. He slid down from the Strider's back and whistled in appreciation, "This is a lovely kill...it'll help feed Endrykas quite nicely, which means it's death is not in vain."
Last edited by Ermir Deepstride on February 2nd, 2016, 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Common-Pavi-Tukant
Ermir Deepstride
Player

Character sheet

Next