Looking for Family in Syliras and/or a Knight

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Postby David Stewart on February 19th, 2016, 5:12 am

Hi!

I am still very much fleshing out this character. As I was writing his CS I thought I'd put this up here so I can integrate any family or other relations early on. I've made characters on Mizahar before, and one of the key mistakes I've made is not having a consistent character history. That's why I am trying to get any possible family figured out this early on.

Since I've not yet finished David's CS, I'll give a brief overview of his character here:

David is a 13-year-old squire of the Syliran Knights. He's very law-abiding, very proud, and a firm believer in the Syliran Knighthood and their doctrine. His loyalty to the city and the knights is unquestionable and his world view pretty black-and-white. There are good people and bad people, there's hardly any in-between. Well-mannered and disciplined, David is unlikely to cause any trouble. The only trouble he may cause is infuriating others with his perfect manners. His worst traits are his insufferable pride and confidence. He doesn't just believe he's right all the time, he's damn sure he is right all the time.

So what exactly am I looking for? Well, one of two things (or both).

1. A family. That means: a father, mother, nephew, aunt, or uncle. Someone affiliated with the Syliran knights and in good standing with them. I imagine David to be from a pretty well-off kind of family too. If there's no PC around who fits that description I'll probably NPC it. I am of course willing to change David's surname.
2. A knight to train under. Every squire needs a knight. I don't really have any requirements for a PC who'd be willing to have an arrogant but studious squire to look after. The only thing I would ask is that the other person be committed to collaborating with me.

Of course I am more than happy to further elaborate on this character's concept. if you have any questions, please ask away! I'll also put a link to David's CS as soon as it's done.

Thanks for reading!
David Stewart
Player

Words: 806
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2016, 3:28 am
Race: Human

Postby Balian Martell on March 22nd, 2016, 1:03 pm

Hey there David!

If your still looking for something, I can point you toward the Martell knight Family. I am still working on a comprehensive history and family tree, but essentially the Martell's have been serving the order for generations. The tradition has always been that the oldest son of the main branch is automatically destined for the order, but that's not to say other members aren't allowed to join.

If it interests you, just shoot me a pm.
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal