Closed Kill those things!! [Alexander, Irathia]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Kill those things!! [Alexander, Irathia]

Postby Rivialle on February 20th, 2016, 7:02 am

Symenos | Common | Thoughts
84th of Winter

The ring of steel against scabbard rung out through the air as the pale man swiftly drew his rapier with his buckler-clad arm, immediately turning sideways at the hideous creatures, bouncing slightly on the tips of his toes. A grin slowly spread across his face, exposing his fangs, which grew noticeably longer at the thought of real combat, amethyst eyes flashing dangerously. He did a fancy flourish with the slim sword, the blade flashing as the light of the sun hit it.

Glancing at his two companions, Rivialle whistled out at the four Yukmen, the leader glaring at them and emitting those weird 'yuk' sounds; it seemed to be aimed at Rivialle. Choosing to speak Common so that his allies could understand, Rivialle called out: Keep your dirty words to yourself, azo, in a heavy Symenos accent, before darting forward with a silvery laugh.

-- Some bells earlier --

Rivialle took a sip from his glass of wine, clad in his usual silken clothes from Kalinor, sword leaning against the wall to his side and his sandal clad feet propped up on the table in front of him. He looked around the tavern; the Rearing Stallion was a rather nice place, but some of the inhabitants were... Rowdy, to say the least.

Today was yet another day of many without work. It was a bit disheartening, to be stupid. He didn't want to see about joining the Syliran Knights as a Squire just yet, as he wouldn't earn any money. Which was one of the only drawbacks of being a Squire. No money. Which meant he wouldn't be able to buy many things if he didn't have any money, and Rivialle would want more than hand-me-down combat gear. At least, he was pretty sure he did. One could always use new stuff, especially a Symenestra, who looked better in items that were their own and had always been their instead of countless other's temporarily.

The Spider set the glass down, one arm moving behind his head and the other resting across his chest as he watched the day slowly play out. Aye, he really needed coin. And a lot of it. Also needed to move out of that inn he'd been staying at, and into one of the apartments for a more permanent home. I'm not going to be staying for that long..... He frowned to himself, before sighing out loud. He honestly didn't know about that much, but--

The buzz of the tavern quieted suddenly as someone burst through the door. The man looked around frantically, and was met with curious stares. He had the desperation written all over his face, eyes filled with anxiety and immense frustration, plus more than a little fear. "Someone, help me! My caravan was attacked by Yukmen on the Kabrin Road, I need to get it back from those monsters!" He looked around frantically, before taking his coin purse from his waist. "I'll pay you, of course! The stuff in that van has value to me. He looked around, and was met with snorts and wave-offs of the various patrons. Many of them laughed and muttered, and a lot of it was aimed at the man, far as Rivialle could hear. Humans these days....

One man called out to him, "What, were you traveling without protection like an idiot? Why don't you go get the knights?" The caravan man's face reddened. "I didn't think I'd need it, and I didn't get the knights b-b-b-because I-I don't think..." His suddenly stammering voice trailed off, eyes looking around; now he was just being shady. Another spoke up: "Because what, merchant? What are you stammering for, Yukmen got you piss scared?" This was met with laughs all around, a nervous and awkward chuckle coming from the caravan man. "Well, I just thought... I just thought I'd ask regular people instead of knights, who're not going to accept coin." It was obviously a lie, and a stupid one at that, and was met with even more laughs and snorts of amusement. The man slumped in defeat as he was written-off, ignored now.

Rivialle watched the turn of events with mild interest, before becoming enraptured as the man showed the coin purse. That sound, the sound of coins hitting each other... That was beautiful. As the man stopped talking and just seemed to stand awkwardly by the door, Rivialle got up, flicking a gold miza to the waitress for the glass of wine and grabbed his rapier, strapping the scabbard to his waist and walking to the man, before pulling him to the side.

How many Yukmen, and how much in that purse of yours, he asked in that silvery yet heavy Symenos accent. The man looked relieved as Rivialle revealed what he wanted. "From what I saw, there are four of those beasts, and it's just a lot of silver..." He opened the purse, showing off the silver mizas. The Symenestra winced: why couldn't it be gold... It would do, of course, though.

I'll go clear these Yukmen for you, and I expect to meet you here after. Be ready to give me my coin. The man nodded. And why not get the knights? The man reddened even more, before whispering: "There are some... Items in the caravan that the knights wouldn't like.." Rivialle chuckled, before shrugging. Ah, well. Wish me luck. The merchant smiled at Rivialle, joy written across his face before clapping the Symenestra on the back. It was met with a dangerous stare, and the man chuckled nervously. "G-good luck..."

The Symenestra started to leave, before he stopped, turning to the rest of the tavern. Anyone up to fight some Yukmen? He was confident in his ability to dispatch a Yukman, but... Perhaps not four of them. Not by himself, anyway. He was getting ready to get back home and get on his armor and shield. He'd need it.
Last edited by Rivialle on February 21st, 2016, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rivialle
The Battle-Spider

Words: 16817
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2016, 4:49 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 20th, 2016, 7:36 am

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Alex stepped through the still slightly snowy streets of syliras, the cold winds blowing through him and chilling the steel and chain. The sight of a bewildered merchant steaming through the streets towards the stallion was something that never failed to catch his eye. Alex would have kept walking on had he not seen a particularly slim individual walking out a few moments later hand brandished upon the hilt of his blade. Seemingly a little distraught and on his way. Alex ducked into the tavern to see the same weedy looking merchant hunkered over the bar awaiting a mug of ale to nurse. Alex stepped up alongside him. “Well, looks like you found yourself some trouble.” Alex spoke in such a soft voice that the merchant nearly leapt out of his skin when he heard it. Possibly assuming a knife was at his back.

Alex may have carried enough blades to put most mercs to shame but he knew how to use them to some degree. Still above all of the blades and steel it was his words that were his most dangerous asset. His mind was constantly turning like a man both pious and clever. The merchant put on his best fake smile and tried to speak back. “O-oh nothing really…Just a bad morning.” Alex smiled and lent on the counter top beside him. Nodding his head a little sympathetically. “Sounds like it. I saw you sprinting in here and a ghalf chime later someone armed walked out heading where you came from. Now if I wasn’t mistaken I’d say he’s on his way to do some work. So why not let a member of the knights help?”

Alex tapped his fingers along the counter top showing off that he had a vast array of things he could do. Just letting the merchant take in the sight of all the steel. “I-i-I didn’t want to disturb the knights so I paid a mercenary to do the job…” Alex’s features softened a little. “Bandits?” The merchant shook his head. “Worse…Yukmen.” Alex nodded a little placing his hand atop the hilt of his bastard sword. “Well then looks like I’ll be able to help. And Knights don’t need to be paid we do this because it’s right.” He smirked a little walking away from the merchant. In his mind he’d already held a picture of the man who’d walked out before. Heading off after him Alex took off at a small jog, before the merchant could even begin to protest.

Three chimes passed before he spotted the man just outside of the city gates. Rapier by his side and a look of purpose in his eye. A typical mercenary. “Hold.” Alex said drawing closer. “If you’re going off to fight yukmen then you’re going to need a hand. I’m coming with.” It was less of a inquiry more of a statement. Alex couldn’t in good conscience let him head off alone to fight yukmen. Not when he could lend a hand and keep him alive. If nothing else Alex would be a little more suited to combat most likely being in full plate and able to change weapon at the drop of a hat.

Still if the man before him needed a better reason to let him come along than for sheer sense, then he needed to look no further than the sigil of a tree on Alex’s borrowed armour’s right shoulder.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Irathia on February 20th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Irathia walked through the streets of Syliras, awkward armor covering her body, as she was getting into the habit of wear the armor... She still had her cloak though, she never felt comfortable with out it wrapped around her body. Though the cloak was still open enough to expose the tree that is the Syliran Knight symbol. Just to let people know what she was so they don't try anything.

She had her hammer in one hand and a shield strapped to the other arm. She was enjoying the walk, just letting her think as she walked. Though company was nice as well, even though she felt un-comfortable with talking and exposing things about her to people she didn't know... Irathia found her self approaching the gates of Syliras for no real reason, it just happened to be where she wandered to. There she noticed two figures as she approached, one she started to recognize... It was Alex, and some other figure... She started to walk faster to catch the two, to see what they were doing.

"Alex!" She yelled quickly, waving her hammer in the air as a sort of wave of sort... She lowered it and jogged up to the two people, curious at what they were doing, and even more curious with the man with a sword... Obviously he was not a ordinary citizen.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rivialle on February 20th, 2016, 5:27 pm

Rivialle's eyes glanced to the man clad in fullplate as he called out, amethyst eyes considering him for a moment as he spoke. The Knight or Squire - Rivialle could never tell right off the bat - had an alarming yet quite interesting array of weaponry, though he himself probably wouldn't even bother trying to learn most of them. His rapier was perfectly fine for killing things.

Nodding, Rivialle thought for a moment. The help would be appreciated, he said with a nod, beckoning to the man. I was just about to head to Traveler's Row to grab my missing equipment. Can't really fight monsters of the earth without being prepared, can you? He snorted slightly in amusement, forgoing the grin that twitched at his lips. Rivialle Amaranthus, native Symenestra of Kalinor he introduced himself with a small, informal salute, being sure to add his race and homeland. Too many times had people become less when they found out his race, and he'd rather get it over with, in case the man decided not to come because of it. It honestly wouldn't matter much to Rivialle, anyway.

After awaiting an introduction from the man, Rivialle beckoned to him, turning back from the gates and heading towards the inn he was staying at. The walk was silent for a few chimes until another, shorter person called out to the man; she was also clad heavily in armor. Honestly, the Spider wasn't sure why on earth someone would choose to wear such big, restricting armor. First, it was so big and bulky and hot a lot of the time, and second, unless the wearer was huge and muscular, they'd be pretty slow, forced to weather, block, and parry blows because if one fell while trying to dodge, in the middle of combat... It'd be hard getting up, and anyway, it wouldn't matter: you'd be dead soon within seconds if you're adversary was any sort of combatant.

Shaking the thoughts from his head - though not actually shaking his head - Rivialle considered this woman. She didn't have a full arsenal as Alexander had, but a hammer and shield. Interesting combination. But a lot more... Barbaric. Nonetheless, Rivialle became even more wary, as hammers could break bones and he was Symenestra.... Should say enough.

After a moment of silence (Rivialle was silent, at least) he introduced himself the same way as he'd introduced himself to Alexander. RIvialle Amaranthus, native Symenestra of Kalinor, his heavily accented yet silvery voice loud enough to be heard over the general buzz of Syliras yet low enough to only be heard by her. Whether she decided to depart because of his race, once again didn't matter to the pale man. Of course, though, he elaborated what the two were doing, or about to do, beating Alexander to the punch in case he meant to tell her.

We were just on our way to Traveler's Row so I can grab my gear, then off down the Kabrin Road to battle some Yukmen. You can tag along, if you want, before heading off. If she tagged along, it was all for the better: both of them were in such heavy yet good armor, they'd be great blow-sponges, as Rivialle would definitely not like to be hit.

As they neared the inn, Rivialle opened the door for the two armored people, before entering the establishment himself. I'll be just a moment. You can come up, if you'd like, or wait here. Matters not to me. He strode off to his room with that, hand still on the hilt of his sword. Should either or both come along, they'd enter a room that seemed to have two rooms, one which looked to be a resting area for the resident and any guests, and the other a regular bedroom, which Rivialle entered. The room was notably bare of anything personal of his, and quite clean to boot.

After getting on his Symenestran armor, which was far lighter than the other's fullplate, he moved back to the front room and picked up his buckler shield, strapping it to his sword arm and nabbing a piece of fruit from a bowl on a table.

~~~~

As they left the gates, striding towards their destination, Rivialle opened his mouth, canines becoming noticeably longer should either of the two care to look, and bit into the piece of fruit, injecting it with some venom before withdrawing his teeth to speak. So, tell me about yourselves, companions. I'm a curious man, so don't be offended if I ask too many questions. It was more a slight command than a request, but like most things, it mattered little to Rivialle.

He bit back into his piece of fruit, not caring what either thought as he waited for his two new comrades to speak, amethyst eyes traveling over the both of them curiously as they walked down the road, the city of Syliras getting farther away as the headed to the Kabrin Road.
Rivialle
The Battle-Spider

Character sheet

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 21st, 2016, 12:44 am

Alex was never one to clear up the miss-understanding. People always assumed he was a knight off the bat until he told them he was a squire which normally sorted the situation out. Here and other times of minor tension it was better for him to simply let others assume. The help would be appreciated, then the man before him informed him of his intention to head to the travellers row and grab some gear before heading out. And an introduction to follow up the actions. Rivialle Amaranthus. The walk towards the traveller’s row wasn’t too far however on route Alex and now Rivialle came across someone who he didn’t expect too. Irathia the smaller woman someone he knew and had thought was on patrol elsewhere in the city. The announcement of his name at the top of her lungs to him wasn’t something he missed.

She closed the gap towards them as they headed towards the traveller’s row. After the brief introduction Alex spoke, his soft voice still calm and even. “Rivialle, you go grab what you need, I’ll stay here with Irathia briefly.” And as the finished Riv walked off leaving a brief stretch of time for Alex to speak to irathia in. “Well. Seems you finally suited up. Nice armour. And Ira you wanna come along with us? We’re going to deal with a couple of Yukmen. Shouldn’t be too hard, but the guy with the rapier seems a little full of himself, be wary.” Alex knew from experience with Irathia that she was a little prone to do some odd things so better to warn her now than let her fall prey to him and say something she shouldn’t.

The wait was brief and thankfully so, the trudge out of the gates of the city was, slow. It should have been faster they were after all headed to go and help somebody. He should have taken off at pace but again this was a bunch of monsters he couldn’t take too many precautions. Alex slipped his bow off of his shoulders, better to eliminate one of the offending creatures from a distance when they got there, than jump in and be outnumbered heavily. Still Rivialle’s question sounded oddly like a command and Alex only followed the commands of his gods and his superiors, this man was neither. Though he still spoke. “Not much to say about me really. Other than I’m alright with a blade and much better with a bow.” He gave a sharp look, not at rivalled but out, scanning the horizon, the eyes of an archer. He was hunting down a target a sound something.

Then he caught it, the sound of snapping wood and a high pitched “yuk” scream. Alex smirked and with a speed one wouldn’t expect from a man as clad in steel and weight as he was whipped an arrow from the quiver at his side and bolted into the woods. The clinking of the steel which had been prevalent before vanished as he did so. He was a silent giant steel stalker right now. Darting between trees in the direction of the wreckage in a flicker of a shadow between the trees. Ro at least that’s how it seemed to him. One thing was certain though, he was headed in the right direction. Sharp eyes and a knowledge of the winds and how to aim through trees. This was something he was used too. Stalking prey, hunting both animals and monsters.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on February 21st, 2016, 1:29 am

"I'd rather not talk about my self." Irathia said, her voice cold and emotionless, her face a mask... She didn't seem to like the man's attitude. "And you being 'alright' with a blade is a bit of a exaggeration. I couldn't stand for a day after our sparring match"

Irathia walked along, with the group, not sure what a yukman even was... She heard tales from other slaves but never has she witnessed one of these beasts. From what she remembered they were things made of pure earth, but that couldn't be true... Then again she was fighting a clay squirrel thing earlier that season... But the things she has heard, or was it just her memory over exaggerating...

The slaves and her memories were probably just exaggerating. Still... Based on how Alex was acting, it seemed like a thing that could be a serious threat. I wished I knew how to use a bow... Irathia thought as she watched Alex pull it off of him. I am not even sure how to shoot a bow. Irathia thought, she shifted again... Then she heard the... Yuk sounding scream thing.

Irathia froze as Alex moved like lightning, running into the shrubs... What!? What just happened. Irathia thought, staring at the location Alex once stood... Did Alex just charge at the Yukmen things? Irathia thought, she leaned towards Rivialle... "What just happened?" She whispered, trying to stay as still as possible like Alex was... Though the small sound of the metal moving and shifting was still heard, due to her breathing.

Just in case she went into a combat passion, hammer prepared to strike, shield guarding her core and hips. She scanned the tree to find any form of movement with in the trees. Her hammer shook slightly, not sure what to expect from these creatures she was hearing about. "What should we expect?" Irathia said, looking at Alex to Rivialle. "I... Have never really seen Yukmen before, or even know what they really are." She mumbled to her self... Trying to sound confident.
Irathia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rivialle on February 21st, 2016, 4:59 am

Rivialle nodded at the woman, respecting her wish to not talk about herself. The walk there was silent, the clanks of their armor and the slurp of Rivialle eating the liquefied fruit the only sounds. So much for companions. He'd though he'd been polite, but seems that was not the case. That, or they just didn't like Symenestra's, which would explain quite a bit, from the cold tone of voice, the expressionless faces, and the lack of small talk from the two. Rivialle decided he didn't much like these two azo, deciding on slowly generating Res to use.

Rivialle's head flew to the side as he heard the high pitched 'yuk', before he gripped the handle of his sword. A small grin split his face as the woman spoke to him for the second time since they first "met". He said a single word, before jumping off through the bushes after Alexander, following the sound: Yukmen.

He caught up to the steel-clad man within a few chimes, following next to him and already generating Res before they came upon the four ugly Yukmen standing around a tipped caravan, banging on it and going through the stuff inside. The biggest one looked up at them, and seemed to have called to his brethren with a yuk as the all stood, moving besides him.

The ring of steel against scabbard rung out through the air as the pale man swiftly drew his rapier with his buckler-clad arm, immediately turning sideways at the hideous creatures, bouncing slightly on the tips of his toes. A grin slowly spread across his face, exposing his fangs, which grew noticeably longer at the thought of real combat, amethyst eyes flashing dangerously. He did a fancy flourish with the slim sword, the blade flashing as the light of the sun hit it.

Glancing at his two companions, Rivialle whistled out at the four Yukmen, the leader glaring at them and emitting those weird 'yuk' sounds; it seemed to be aimed at Rivialle. Choosing to speak Common so that his allies could understand, Rivialle called out: Keep your dirty words to yourself, azo, in a heavy Symenos accent, before darting forward with a silvery laugh.

His free hand seemed to spasm slightly, fingers making an odd hand-sign before suddenly powering his fist forward. A large, reckless, and wild blast of Wind burst from him, slamming into the Yukmen. Or rather, caressed the Yukman. It seemed to have little effect on the things.

Engaging the leader, Rivialle started with a flourish mainly to confuse the creature, his blade just twirling back and forth across the thing's face. He then moved back, darting around the creature, getting closer still to the fallen others but then backing the leader away.

The Yukman threw a punch with his stupidly long arms, though it was slow enough for the Symenestra to move around. He moved once more behind the Yukman, about to send a slash across the back of his knees to eliminate movement before the Yukman sent an unexpected kick back at him. He got clipped in the shoulder, pain flashing through his mind as he rolled backwards then to his feet, holding his shoulder.

He looked around himself, before grabbing a fist sized rock swiftly in his free hand. He brought his arm back and threw it at the Yukman, the monster catching it easily before another suddenly slammed into his face, which elicited a screaming 'yuk'. Rivialle darted forward, swinging his blade in a finesse-lacking move. He was so unprepared for what he himself did that the blade turned to it's side, the flat of the blade vertical. The blade ran across the Yukman's midsection, dislodging a bunch of smaller rocks from the monster and sending them spinning away.

Rivialle darted back as this brought a pain-wrought scream from the creature, Rivialle's eyes flashing in alarm then confusion. The Yukman was holding his midsection where the rocks had been removed. The creature was bleeding profusely and still screaming, seeming to be in a crazy amount of pain.

Not one to miss an advantage, Rivialle ran forward and thrust his rapier at the Yukman's head, catching it in it's large, open mouth. He twisted the blade and yanked it up, before withdrawing it. May the Gods take mercy on your soul, if you have one, he said to his now dead adversary before turning and running back to Alexander. He'd eliminated the biggest one. A slightly lucky kill, to be sure, but he'd take it.
Last edited by Rivialle on February 21st, 2016, 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rivialle
The Battle-Spider

Character sheet

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 21st, 2016, 5:38 am

Alex slipped through the trees vanishing between them closing the distance still he couldn’t quite figure out what was going on. Simple steps through the trees though as he carefully crept the other two seemed to have no idea what the word “stealth” actually meant. Ira clanked and trudged putting all her weight into each step and Rivalle pretty much strode towards the group. Alex crouched low and steadied his shot. Aiming carefully, waiting for the moment. Alex spoke taking the time to aim as Rivalle disregarded things and just dashed straight in.

“Yukman are twice as strong as a human and twice as fast. They’re vicious and unforgiving do not let them live.” Alex spoke as he loosed the arrow, at the same moment Rivalle blasted out a large plume of wind towards them. Great, he was a mage. Still in the split second before he blasted them Alex had loosed his arrow, and as the wind knocked them all back Alex’s arrow found its target. Punching through his chest and dislodging a large rock from his back. Slipping his bow back over his shoulder Alex closed the gap his hand reached behind him he pulled out the large double ended sword that sat alongside his great sword. The weapon would be familiar to Irathia, as it was the balde he’d trained against her with.

The distance he closed not quite as quickly as he would have liked and before he could get there another loud scream. This…Idiot…If you don’t kill them before they scream they call for friends. Alex grit his teeth and closed the gap as one of the smaller ones made its way back to its feet. The lower blade of Alex’s double bladed sword found purchase in the lower abdominals of the yukman. Alex twisted spinning on his heel and turning to drive the opposite side of the blade into the Yukman’s chest. As he did he heard a loud crunch of breaking bark, followed by a sound of slopping meat. Rivalle had dispatched the biggest, but that wasn’t the end of their problems they had buddies on the way.

Alex hoped the Irathia had followed behind him into the fray. Alex closed the distance to the remaining one who was already back on his feet. A loud scream again and Alex knew that luck wasn’t on their side right now. Alex swing the blade up and with the upper blade took of the yukman’s hand and with the lower blade his upper arm at the shoulder. Well no reason to keep quiet much longer. “Iratha, Rivalle they’ve got friends in the forest. Get ready.” Alex spoke loudly commandingly like a leader would however right now he was a little preoccupied by the yukman in front of him. Another large wide swing and Alex made the yukman pay for it bringing the blade back across, the lower one catching it across the chest and the upper a few heartbeats later came across the throat of the monster, sending it sprawling to the floor. Alex hoped that Irathia had better luck with her yukman and they could ready for the friends they’d called.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on February 21st, 2016, 5:57 am

Irathia stared in confusion, slightly lowering her shield in confusion at what just happened... It looked like Rivialle's hand was dying or something... Then just... Wind... And flying Yukmen... And rocks? And screaming Yukmen? Lots of cutting... And.... Suddenly Rivi said something she didn't understand? The Yukmen was stabbed in the mouth and...

Irathia stood with her mouth open, not realizing the charging Yukman that was sent flying by Rivialle's wind punch. The Yukman screeched 'Yuk' before it jumped up and punched Irathia's across the jaw. Snapping Irathia out of the trance she was in by the amount of awesome that just happened. Irathia shook her head and raised her shield, staring at the Yukman.

Irathia hissed at it, and slammed the hammer against her shield as she charged forward. Swinging her hammer above her head as she shouted. The Yukman tried to punch her against but it only felt the cold metal of hammer slamming against it. Making the Yukman tumble backward as she did another strike by shoving the shield forward. The yukman screeched and punched once more, hitting Irathia's hammer arm... Sending pain shooting up her arm.

Irathia hissed again as she brought the hammer down, only to find it slamming against the ground as the Yukman jumped out of the way... Irathia felt a anger stirring in her as she swung her hammer again, only for it to hit the air as the Yukman jumped back and punched her shoulder. Irathia shifted as she tried to make a gap between the Yukman and her... Irathia was feeling a great anger at the seemingly laughing hideous beast in front of her.

Irathia screeched, getting more and more angry as she charged the yukman, swiping it's feet with her shield and stepping on it's chest. It began to spasm, rapidly clawing at the armor, trying to get the foot off of it. Irathia hissed and brought the hammer down on it's head, smashing it's for head... Irathia began smashing the body over and over again. When she was done the head and chest where completely collapsed.

"Great!" Irathia shouted. "More freaking monsters!" Irathia shouted as she kicked the corpse one last time.
Irathia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rivialle on February 21st, 2016, 8:46 pm

Rivialle trotted back to the other two, watching as they took down the Yukmen. Alexander himself took down two of them, the female taking down the last. The Symenestra winced as one was rather brutally smashed in with a hammer, hearing the crunch of bone and seeing the spray of blood. Very barbaric, aye.

Rivialle stabbed the point of his sword into the ground, leaning on it slightly, and frowned. Well, more of them certainly wasn't good. On top of his shoulder pain, he was becoming a bit dizzy and tasted something metallic from the Reimancy, taking a moment to gather himself. As he was about to pick his sword back up, his head flew around, a look of confusion in his eyes. He'd heard a whisper. His first thought was Alexander or Irathia had said something, but neither of them responded to the other nor really looked at him. He frowned as he heard another, encouraging him to cast more. His frown lessened as the voice whispered about how powerful he was, how well he wielded his element against those beasts. He had to admit to himself, he had done pretty well. Why not try it again?

Rivialle was ready to start slowly creating Res, before he looked up, the Sweet Whispers gone from his mind as a sharp yuk cut through the air. A few more yukmen emerged from the forest, these ones just as ugly. Picking his sword back up, he rolled his shoulder a bit before putting a bit of distance between himself and the others. He counted three in all, and he glared at the one nearest to him. Picking up another rock - he liked rocks now - he flung it at the Yukman, the stone glancing off the thing's arm.

The creature 'yuk'ed at him, before running after him. The hell is it so far for, Rivialle thought before backing away a bit. His back met a tree and he spun and moved around it, keeping the tree between him and his new opponent. As the Yukman got closer, Rivialle shot from behind the tree with a reckless lunge, both hands holding the hilt of the sword.

His aiming off, the sword stabbed the creature in the arm. The Yukman grabbed the blade and pulled it out with a seemingly pained 'yuk', and Rivialle drew his s rapier back sharply and out of the Yukman's grip, cutting the thing's hand. Pulling his arm back then thrusting forward, he stabbed the Yukman in the arm. Again. This time, instead of grabbing the sword, the Yukman went for Rivialle's arm, lashing out.

Luckily, the hand hit Rivialle's buckler and the damage lessened, but there was still damage. Mild pain shot up his arm, making Rivialle grit his teeth in frustration. He dug the blade into the creature's arm, twisting it before pulling it out, blade now trailing lightly on the ground.

His breath coming out a little faster now, Rivialle ignored the pain and brought his rapier up, thrusting forward at it's face. The Yukman slapped the blade out, making Rivialle's arm go wide. Following the motion, however, Rivialle made a fist and punched the thing in the face, catching it in the eyes and forehead. He ignored the new pain, taking the few seconds of startled Yukman to grab the hilt of the sword with both hands again and swing it like a club.

The Yukman's arm came up to block the blow, and the blade bit deeply into the arm, momentum carrying the blade on. The sword's edge cut into the Yukman's neck, and this stopped Rivialle's motion. Rivialle's his foot came up, shoving into the Yukman the same time he pulled his sword out. Taking advantage of the monster's pain, Rivialle cleaved into the Yukman with an overhead blow, the edge slamming into the thing's head.

Breath coming out in pants now, Rivialle just stood there for a minute, attempting to weather the now blossoming pain in his right wrist and left hand. Maybe he should get a long sword, the way he was just using his rapier.
Rivialle
The Battle-Spider

Character sheet

Next