Valerius Nitrozian's Plotnotes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on March 2nd, 2016, 7:50 am

I didn’t have much of an interest in plotnotes before, but now that I have returned to Mizahar I want to go about things more systematically. This thread will contain my plans for the current season, seasonal goals that should be met as well as general ideas for Valerius‘ future and useful links.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on March 2nd, 2016, 11:32 am

Seasonal Challenges for Kenash, Spring 516 AV

Personal
• Eat something that contains crab or cook one.
• Eat or drink something you shouldn’t.
• Get a tattoo. Instantly regret doing it.
• Express your rage against a tree.
• Train your body.
• Flirt with someone of your same sex.
• Experience an orgasm.
• Spend 50 GM in something you don’t need.

Social
• Spike someone’s drink. (Or get your drink spiked)
• Attempt to educate somebody on a topic you have no idea about. Make them believe it.
• Promise something, and immediately break said promise thrice.
• Do something extremely inappropriate and disgusting – in public.
• Spend a whole day doing nothing.
• Stare a dear one without breaking the silence.
• Dance with somebody.
• Rub yourself passionately against a stranger.

Last edited by Valerius Nitrozian on April 22nd, 2016, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on March 7th, 2016, 2:44 pm

The Art of Speaking

Concept: In Ravok Valerius was a cryptographer and a doctor’s assistant who helped his superiors experiment on Kelvic. Occasionally he would take on a student and tutor them in a subject of their choice, but that was always more of a hobby than a proper job, a way to pass the time.

In Kenash though he has decided to make that the main source of his income, but not out of a desire to help. To him, teaching is a way to get to know the next generation to rule the city and possibly shape them, a way to establish connections with those that really matter.

Valerius Nitrozian does not teach maths, writing, history or even geography. He expects his students to already have some manner of basic education. He does not have any patience for bumbling idiots.

He does not teach his students how to speak the Common tongue, but he teaches them to speak it properly and use it to the highest effect possible.

He teaches them the art of rhetorics.

Although he does have a small office in Kenash, Valerius will usually visit his students at home.

Services Offered:
Rhetorics lesson (basic) – 3 GM/lesson
Rhetorics lesson (advanced) – 4 GM/lesson

Rhetorics lesson (basic, group, minimum of three students) – 1.5 GM/lesson
Rhetorics lesson (advanced, group, minimum of three students) – 2 GM/lesson

Lesson in persuasion techniques: available upon request
Lesson in interogation techniques: available upon request
Lesson in Nader-canoch: available upon request

Income (Teacher): 5 GM/day (Novice Teaching, Expert Rhetorics)
Ownership bonus: 1 GM/day
Total income before living expenses: 6 GM/day or 540 GM/season or 2.160 GM/year
Living expenses (common, for now): 135 GM/season or 540 GM/year
Total income after living expenses: 405 GM/season or 1.620 GM/year

Expenses:
Simple office – 200 GM
50 sheets of parchment: 10 GM
2 quills: 1 SM
5 vials of ink: 5 GM
1 leather scroll case: 1 GM
1 blank book – 3 GM
1 lockbox – 1 GM

Total expenses: 220 GM 1 SM

NO DEBT!

Explanations:
Secret :
I expect that Valerius will occasionally take notes during his lessons or write something up for his students, thus the writing materials. The lockbox is for storing the money he gets from his students.

As he will be tutoring his students at their home, I have decided on a simple office rather than a more representative elaborate office. This way Valerius will not indebt himself to one of the dynasties of Kenash.

I expect that most of his lessons will be one-on-one, but every now and then people may want to practice with each other and roleplay different situations, with Valerius watching them and correcting them, thus I have included an option for group lessons as well.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on April 2nd, 2016, 6:04 pm

(More) Long term Goals

• 1 Mark from Sagallius

• Master Interrogation (62/76)
• Master Observation (63/76)
• Master Rhetorics (55/76)
• Expert Persuasion (38/51)
• Competent Teaching (5/26)

• Make Val realize that magic can occasionally be useful.
• Make Val realize that his arrogance and his prejudice are hindrances on the way to true greatness.
• Make Val stronger, both physically and mentally.
• Make Val less obsessed with things such as hygiene, as they are, again, hindrances on his way to attaining greatness.

• make himself invaluable to the dynasties of Kenash
• RP Val's faith more
• find a confidant or perhaps a lover
• get involved in the slavery business in some way
• learn a new language

• perhaps a future change of jobs from teacher to interrogator as this suits his personality more, for now though teaching seems to be a good way to get to know the next generation to rule Kenash
Last edited by Valerius Nitrozian on April 22nd, 2016, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on April 4th, 2016, 3:58 pm

An Interview with Mister Nitrozian

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Valerius Nitrozian
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? No, of course not!
3. How old are you? I am 27 years old.
4. What is your height? I am 5’10” tall.
5. What is your weight? I weigh about 140 pounds.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I consider myself to be quite a good looking man. In fact I think that I am nearly perfect. My hair is red, but not that strange ginger color. It is a deep copper. I have piercing blue eyes, full lips and pale skin that is devoid of the freckles that plague so many red haired people. I am slender and in comparatively good shape.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Handsome. A bit of a pretty boy. And entirely too arrogant.
3. What is your favorite body feature? Everything of course. There is not a single part of my body that I do not love.
4. How physically fit are you? I am not the most muscular or strongest man, but I am fit enough. My work in the Kelvic Research Institution and my weapons training have seen to that.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I only dress in expensive clothes and in the newest fashion, but I do so in a tasteful way. I never overdo it, and I never wear garish colors. I prefer black and silver and the occasional hint of dark blue.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My father is the son of Sitanos Nitrozian, the head of the Nitrozian family. My mother is insignificant. They are both cold and arrogant.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have one sister. We don’t talk much.
3. What is your extended family like? It is very big. I have over 20 aunts and uncles, so you can imagine that family gatherings are usually quite… exhausting. Almost all members of my family are devoted to Rhysol, and several of them bear his marks. They are very ambitious.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I don’t have any close friends.
5. Do you treat animals like family? No, of course not. Animals are not people, so why should I treat them like family members?

2. Where do you live now? Kenash
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I would either stay in Kenash or go back to Ravok. Both are interesting cities.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? The Fountain Plaza is my favourite place in Kenash. I often spend my free time there, reading, writing or plotting my social rise.
5. Where do you fear to be? In a place where I am reduced to insignificance.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) No.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? I am right handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I currently speak Common, Nader-canoch, Arumenic and Vani, but I plan on learning more languages. My voice is a baritone. People usually describe it as pleasant and smooth and insist I would be a good singer, but I don’t engage in such frivolous activities. I do not have an accent, but I have been told that I sound quite posh, which is to be expected since my family are among the richest and most influential of Ravok.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? No, of course not. Such things are pointless. I would never acquire any odd mannerisms.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? I do not have any tattoos or piercings, and I do not plan on getting any either. Why should I mar my perfect skin?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I currently work as a teacher.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I do not enjoy my work, but I find it useful. It is a good way to get to know the next generation to rule Kenash.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I would be the Magistrate of Kenash, the Voice of Rhysol, a Druvin, somebody of importance.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? I admire those that are in power and manage to maintain that power. Why? Because they are respected, and people aim to please them. I want all of that for me.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? Beggars and whores, especially whores. I would never lower myself to selling my body and submit to another.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? I was an odd child, withdrawn, slightly arrogant and far ahead of my peers as far as my intellectual development was concerned. I did not socialize well though.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? The day my grandfather hired a private teacher for me. He opened a whole new world to me.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? They day I was sent to school. The other children were idiots.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? None. I don’t care about them. They were largely absent.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? My grandfather, Sitanos Nitrozian, the head of my family. He is one of the most powerful men in Ravok. I aim to be like him.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I attended the University of Zeltiva and studied languages, especially Nader-canoch.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I enjoy learning. Knowledge is power.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? I learned most of my skills at the University of Zeltiva and in Ravok, in an academic environment. I also learned some things while I was working in the Kelvic Research Institution.
4. How do you learn best? Alone, in my room where nobody interrupts me.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I wish to learn more languages. I have found out that people talk to you differently and tend to be more open when you adress them in their native language.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? I do not form any close bonds with other people. Why should I shackle myself to other people? Friendships make you weak. People will use them to blackmail you. It is better not to care about anybody.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I do not trust anybody. Everybody lies and tries to betray you.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I prefer men. I was attracted to a woman maybe once or twice in my life.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Yes. The rest is none of your business.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Yes. The rest is none of your business.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. No. Alcohol clouds your mind.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? I might drink a glass of red wine if the situation requires it.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? As I said, wine.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? I do not use drugs. Just like alcohol they cloud your mind.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. Getting drunk and using drugs doesn’t make any sense to me. Such substances are for weaklings and fools. I will only drink a little wine in a social situation.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? I like learning new languages. I also invent and crack secret codes. And I have a certain appreciation for music.
2. Do you like to read? I read a lot. As I have told you before, knowledge is power.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? People that don't know their place, like Tock or Belinda Lucavis.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Sitting at home and reading a book.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Showing affection in public. It's inappropriate.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? I like black, silver and dark blue.
2. What is your favorite time of day? The morning, when the rest of the city is still asleep. I find it easiest to concentrate when everything is quiet.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? An Ethaefal. There is no more beautiful creature in all of Mizahar. And the sunrise over Lake Ravok. Have you ever been there? It's magical.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I like eating vegetables and fruit and occasionally chocolate. I hate fatty food. I also do not eat a lot of meat.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I like it when the sky is completely clear and devoid of clouds, and when the sun is shining, but it is not too hot. There is no kind of weather that scares me. Being scared of the weather is ridiculous.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I am slightly pessimistic.
2. What are your religious views? I worship Rhysol, but I'm not a zealot. I do it more out of habit. Sagallius also seems interesting.
3. Would you be able to kill? I have killed before and have no problem doing so again.
4. What are your views on sex? Sex is wonderful. It is the one thing that enables me to forget and loose myself. I do not talk about sex though as I consider that inappropriate.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Becoming rich and powerful.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? The worst thing? As far as I am concerned, I have not done any bad things.
2. What is your greatest regret? That I didn't leave Ravok sooner. I have the feeling that I was unable to reach my true potential there.
3. What is your best/worst memory? Both my best and my worst Memory concern a man and a city that was not Ravok. The rest is none of your business. You would only use that memory to hurt me.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? As I told you above, I would leave Ravok sooner. I couldn't reach my true potential there. I was just one of over twenty Nitrozian children and unable to stand out.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? I am proud of my education and of the things I have already accomplished in my life. In only one season I managed to get to know a few important people in Kenash.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I wear a mask most of the time. I hardly ever show my true thoughts and feelings, fearing that people would use them against me.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? I am biased against other races, peoples of a different social station, mages and many others. I am a very prejudiced man, but I'm also a pragmatist. I can temporarily forget my prejudices if there's something to be gained from it.
3. What makes you happy? I am happy when I accomplish something worthy of note.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? I would not die for anybody. I value my life above everybody else's.
5. What makes you angry? People that belittle me and people that don't realize their full potential. Weaklings and idots.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? I treat them well as long as they are useful to me.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? There is no one I consider truly important. Most people are expendable.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? My grandfather, Sitanos Nitrozian. He is one of the most powerful men in Ravok.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. There is no one I truly consider my significant other right now. My ideal lover would be either a human or an Ethaefal - I do not find any other races appealing - good looking and make me think. He - for it would most likely be a man - would have to inspire me and challenge me and be trustworthy. I'm not sure if such a person exist. As I've said several times throughout this interview, people have a tendency to betray you.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? No. Everybody lies and betrays you, given the chance. I'd rather protect myself.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I argue a lot, sometimes too much. I never resort to using swearwords though.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Yes. I am the best leader, so I frequently take on leadership roles in social situations.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? I do not mind interacting with large groups, but it's easier to influence small groups or single individuals.
4. Do you care what others think of you? I pretend not to, but deep down I do.
5. What do you think of others, in general? Most people are weaklings and idiots.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? My intelligence.
2. What is your greatest weakness? My paranoia and my arrogance and that I'm afraid of letting people get close to me.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I'd like to care more about others and love, but I don't know how. I'm hesitant to let another person get close to me. Don't tell anybody though. They'd probably think I'm weak.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? I am neither an introvert nor an extrovert.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? I am very organized. I despise messy people.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Rhysol for he is the patron god of Ravok. Sagallius for his power and the fact that he ascended to godhood.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? None.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? I do not have any gnosis marks.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? I would make some effort, but I would not sacrifice everything I have for them.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? I would not sacrifice everything I am and everything I have accomplished for my deity.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? I live for money and power.
2. What is the best part of life? Everything. I enjoy everything about life.
3. What is the best part of death? There is nothing good about death.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? I would choose not to die at all. I would become immortal or a god.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? For my power and my intelligence.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes