PM to join [Job thread] Applause, can give pause. (Vai)

Cyrene takes to the stage in the stone temple like state that is the mischief.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Job thread] Applause, can give pause. (Vai)

Postby Cyrene Everwind on March 8th, 2016, 12:26 am

51st Spring 516AV

22:20PM

Description "Cyrene" Thoughts Isur Tukant Others

Music :
Please play this whilst reading the music.

The stone floors of the Ship began to roll with uncertainty. Cyrene now used to her role aboard the ship and feeling more comfortable with her standing Paced lightly in the wings. She may have been more comfortable however she wasn’t fully used to it. She had nerves. Strong butterflies in her stomach as she paced back and forth. Her long turquoise blue hair flowing behind her, the black dress and boots she wore masking her form partially with the shadows. Though she knew the stage was in the light of Leth she dint feel fully ready. The circlet of polished snow that was her horns circled her head.

She’d been announced for the stage, the former performers had funnelled themselves beneath the stage and back into the wings. She swallowed hard and stepped to the stage. The Soft light of Leth settling her nerves even as the mark of Izurdin shimmered on her shoulder. She walked up onto the strange seeing a few of the crowd looking at her with strange glances and mild musings. She cleared her throat lightly as the violins picked up, the beginning of the strings moving signalling her to begin prepping her words. She took a deep breath and began to sing after a half chime had passed.

“A Vision into the night~
A walk through haunted a mind~
It’s ok to be not alright~
Take a look, never sure what you’ll find~”

The music carried on another few ticks as she paused.

“In the light of Leth we see, as we truly are~
The surrounding darkness everywhere~
However I keep wishing upon a star~
To be found before you all, right here~”

She swayed slowly with the music allowing a half chime to pass.

“Cast your eyes towards the sky~
Hope for a future come what may~
Persevere, live for today~
Tomorrow will come no matter what you try~”

Cyrene paused another five ticks before repeating the chorus again.

Another half chime passed before she began the final verse.

“A life not lived is the thing to fear~
A darkness draws close, but light shines on~
Even now it’s with us right here~
The Light of Leth, ever forlorn~"

A final brief pause and she finished with the chorus again.

The sound of silence passed for a tick or two, nothing not a sound even as the violins died out, and then a soft clapping. A chill ran down her spine as she smiled with a small bow trying to makes it and the soft edges of sadness in her eyes. She was nappy they enjoyed her voice and the sound of the instruments but deep down she was saddened that she’d remembered she still hadn’t been found.

She stepped down from the stage and off to the side of it slightly taking a seat at one of the nearby tables that had been laid out. Her hand raised to her face, and her teeth lightly chewing on the skin of her index fingers knuckle. She was trying to stifle the sadness, the joy, and the energy. She sat alone briefly pondering her misfortunes, and fortunes.
Cyrene Everwind
Beauty in the Blaze. Song in the Steel

Words: 89296
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2016, 10:34 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vai on March 8th, 2016, 3:32 am

Vai re Ahnatep adjusted the formal tuxedo jacket on himself, his high-left hand reaching up and pulling his hat from his head, spinning it in his hand with a flick of the wrist. The Eypharian clambered up to onto the ship with a few others, his expression passive as he looked around. He was garbed in his formal wear, looking more handsome than ever, if he could say so himself. Because of his arms, the suit was sleeveless, but it wasn't roughly cut to accommodate him like some of the poorer citizens might do. No, it was professionally cut and made so that he moved easily within it, yet it didn't bare any more than it needed to.

His black formal boots made dull clacks against the stone floor of the ship as he walked, his higher-left hand still spinning the hat in his hand. A small, polite smile spread across his face as he was greeted by a few, giving a nod or a "Hello" here and there in his heavily accented Common. The Eypharian made his way to an empty table, pulling the chair out and sitting, his mid-hands shaking hands with a few of the more friendly denizens of Riverfall.

He set his hat onto the table, running a hand through his hair as he waited for the performance to begin. Honestly, he was only here because he had nothing else to do for the night, and he'd heard by word of mouth that The Mischief was hosting something nice for guests. Of course, he'd taken time to get ready, making sure he was clean, facial hair trimmed neatly, and smelled nice - masculine yet elegant - and his formal clothing was clean before he came, representing the Eypharian Race delightfully, if he could say himself.

His eye flickered up as he caught sight of a beautiful, pale-skinned woman move to the front of audience, wearing a lovely black dress. His eye was quite captured, his mind already formulating a plan to approach and speak to her after she did whatever she was meant to. His ears slightly twitched as the violins started and the crowd's buzz quickly quieted.

The man's eyebrow cocked up in surprise and some delight as he heard her voice, which was as beautiful as she. It seemed a practiced routine, as she hit every note perfectly and her melody flowed wonderfully with the music - or the music flowed wonderfully with her melody, Vai did not quite know.

His eyes never left her lips as she sang, barely blinking as the music flowed over him and the crowd. He wished it would never end, but alas, like all beautiful things, it soon did. His surroundings seemed mundane in comparison to a moment before when she was singing, but the thought was quickly pushed aside as he saw her bow and excuse herself, moving to an empty table. Vai rose to his feet gracefully, his mid-hands smoothing out his suit before his lower-right grabbed his hat and he flitted through the crowd, attempting to not trip over anything on his way to her.

Within a few ticks he was at her table, a greeting smile on his face. "Is this seat taken," he asked, his mid-left hand holding the top of the seat before pulling it out, sitting despite not receiving an answer. He set his hat onto the table, his lower-hands rested on the arm rests, mid-hands clasping on his lap while his top hands clasped on top of the table.

His eyes roamed her face for only a tick, before he spoke in his accented Common. "You have a beautiful singing voice, my lady. May I ask your name?" His irises flicked to her eyes, noting the sadness with a slight frown before his smile was brought back. Vai, of course, wondered what was wrong, but it was neither his business nor his right to push for an answer. It would come out in time, if ever, he figured.
Vai
Eypharians above all

Words: 12013
Joined roleplay: March 6th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Cyrene Everwind on March 8th, 2016, 4:08 am

Cyrene held her eyes closed at the table, she only had a brief time before needing to go back on stage, at most a brief respite of a few chimes still during this time she fully intended to collect her thoughts. Pushing a few strands of her exceptionally long hair from her face she heard a voice speak. Male, heavily accented of the desert. Was the seat taken? Almost a passing statement that he was going to sit before she could even part her lips. A small sigh, soft, like the rolling winds on a cloudless night, and seemingly just as cool escaped her. She parted her eyelids and took in the form of the man before her.

Strong jaw, short hair, firm features but not inelegant. The six arms stood out to her of course but the thing that stood out even more, was a vast almost all engulfing aura of arrogance. Cyrene gave a soft smile. Light, almost faint but there. A small tilt of her head to allow him to know he was welcome to sit there. Her hands laced before her as she lay them softly on the table, nary a sound pressed from her unless she allowed it. He spoke again complimenting her voice. His eyes locked with her own and in an instant she knew her assumption of him was right. Arrogance was the one thing he exuded.

Finally her lips parted once gain and she spoke in a voice almost as harmonious as her singing one. But less heartfelt, harder like life had left her that way. Dulled to the charms of the world. “I thank you for the compliment. Seems it’s the first thing people ever notice.” Her words carefully chosen to prompt a slip form him. She was trying to tease from him his intentions without ever directly asking him. “Still. I must warn you I don’t have long before I’m due back on stage. I have three separate songs to do this evening.” She leaned slightly forwards in her seat the cut of her dress accentuating her figure in this form. Her exceptionally long blue hair spilled over her shoulder and with the soft glow of Leth her body seemed to glow with a small luminance.

“Permit me to ask, but may I be furnished with a name? My own is Cyrene Everwind.” Her voice carried a soft subtlety, an under lying current of seduction but miked with a prying intent. She wasn’t the most, well versed with people in her Isurian form. She had things to do, like that. However in her more comfortable skin she felt much…More accepting of herself and accepted by the people around her. Her right hand lifted lightly to push the turquoise blue hair from her face and tuck it behind her ear. The light smile still spirited across her features as her eyes held on his. Acting the part of a flirtatious young woman but within holding an intent to know what he was playing at, what his game was.
Cyrene Everwind

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vai on March 8th, 2016, 11:42 am

The Eypharian nodded, readily accepting the knowledge. Of course, her voice was that which one would be hard-pressed to find. If it wasn't that that was first noticed about her, then it was her beauty. "Hmm, well, for those of us that aren't good with figuring out another's personality and the like at first meet, it is usually what can be surmised from the senses that's noticed. How well or bad one smells, their physical appearance, vocal talent. I would love to get to know you, though. Everything is beautiful is both the physical and mental side of things are. Sadly, though, not everyone quite agree with me." He rolled his shoulders in a small shrug, leaning back slightly in his chair as his smile widened but his eyes narrowed nearly imperceptibly.

She seemed to be playing with games with an Eypharian, which had quite the population of silver-tongued politicians. Her body language was that of someone flirting, yet the words and way she spoke just seemed to be polite code, really saying, "Men are dogs. What do you want?" Maybe he was wrong, but one could never be too cautious with word-play, which, from what he knew of High Arumenic and Eypharian politicians, was easy to lose at, and Vai did not like losing.

"I take my warning, thank you. I will be sitting right here for each song, though, should you wanted to continue speaking after." He smiled at her, shifting slightly to a more comfortable position. "I'm known as Vai re Ahnatep." He shrugged again, his mid-arms shifting to rest on the table with his high-arms. "In any case, I came over just to speak. I've been in Riverfall since the third, but have never seen you before." His smile suddenly broadened at her for a tick before it became smaller again, his eyes flicking up to her horns. He'd never seen someone with horns before, she must have that magic, that one that allowed the practitioner change their shape at will. The name escaped him, unfortunately.

"Hmm, you also have a lovely pair of horns. Beautiful coloring and elegant," he motioned to them with his head, eyes running along their length. "What are they, magic of some sort?" He was quite aware of her needing to move back to the stage in a few chimes, but she had him quite curious. Though, his curiosity was easily piqued, if he were to be honest with himself. And she was a curious woman.

When she'd stand to leave, he would as well, as a gentleman would. He'd offer his hand, and if she took it, he'd smoothly bow and lightly press his lips to her knuckle, before straightening and wishing the woman "Good luck", then taking his seat. If she didn't take his hand, he'd allow it to smoothly fall to his side, his eyes crackling with some amusement and more than a little immediate dislike. Impolite people were people he strongly disliked.
Vai
Eypharians above all

Words: 12013
Joined roleplay: March 6th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Cyrene Everwind on March 8th, 2016, 3:54 pm

Cyrene couldn’t help but chuckle, a soft smile had finally settled and found its home across her lips. He wanted to get to know her? Precisely the reason she was so cold in her Isurian form. “Sometimes the most beautiful things take the shortest time to make, and the ugliest hold the most value.” She paused looking towards the sky. The soft moonlight of her eyes catching the faint glow of Leth. She spoke again with a hint of melancholy to her voice, the trailing words indication of this. “Sometimes the most beautiful things we can’t see. Can’t feel. Can’t hear. And as such, it’s difficult to place them.” Cyrene brought her eyes back down to the Eypharian before her.

Relaxed. Clearly he feels he has a form of control of the situation. Seemed as though her words had begun to sink in. Her warning about having to leave shortly evidently settled into his mind. However he’d remain at this table. Perhaps a conversation with someone new after nearly a quarter of the season at sea trapped on a boat with minimal contact with others would be good. Vai re Ahnatep. No wonder she got the drowning feel of self-assurance off of him. He’d come over just to converse? Was that all? If he’d wanted to talk with someone new there were plenty others aboard the ship that could fill the space with the white nose that was socialization.

“I just came in with the ship. I’m heading towards Lhavit. A city buried within the mountains and imbued with starlight.” Perhaps I’ll be able to find what I’m searching for there. As she spoke her fingers on her right hand seemed to move of their own accord dancing lightly to some unseen rhythm. At the mention of her horns and the inquiry of magic she simply waved her right hand lightly brushing off the magic comment. “Sadly nothing of the sort. I’m an Ethaefel. One of the “fallen stars”, this visage before you is the one I take at night. My true form. However during the day I revert to my mortal bindings.” As she finished her speech she’d heard the announcement for her to head back to the stage. “I’m sorry but I must needs tend to my work.” A she stood up to leave she slipped a hand into one of his lightly accepting the assist up, as much as she didn’t need it. Still the kiss to the hand was less than needed, and a formality she’d wished could stay in Ahnatep.

A short walk only a few steps and then onto the raised dais. The music started slowly trailing into a soft whisper. She closed her eyes pulling words from her soul. Something haunting yet soft. Twenty ticks into the music she began, as soon as the violins picked up again.

“Away from home I’ve lingered too long~
A distance too far to walk, too high to sail~
I keep walking on, trying to be strong~
But every night, I see the sky and fail~”

Her words paused in the soft melody as she allowed another few ticks to pass.

“I belong to the moonlight~
A frail wish I hold onto tight~
One day to return where I belong~
Somewhere I feel I’ve seen all along~”

She lifted her head to the sky, a few strands of her luminescent hair falling from place and across her face. Another twenty ticks passed as she closed he eyes and drew up the next verse.

“Each day that I see~
Never fails to remind me~
That everything I’ve done~
Will never again, show me it’s love~”

She allowed another few moments to pass before repeating the chorus again, slower and softer this time.

Somewhere I feel I’ve seen all along~”

Another few moments passed as the violins died out and were replaced with a soft sound. But as they picked up again so did she.

“A faint light to which I cling~
In the darkness, in which I’m always lost~
It is the reason I always sing~
A voice, used for little more than to pay the cost~”

She pause but a moment allowing the music to roll on the soft almost chilling sound of the violin edging away. She waited for the tempo and the crescendo.

Somewhere I feel I’ve seen all along~
But I feel it’s all for naught~
That I’ve been left, and all but forgot~”

She paused on stage a moment, stunned silence and then a soft clap almost, not wanting to break the silence. She gave another small bow and stepped down again from the stage. Slipping back into the seat she left but five chimes prior. She smoothed her dress lightly before sitting. Wondering if Vai had understood the meaning in her words. The purpose to her melody. She didn’t expect him too. Few, very few did. And those that did were often simply too dumbstruck by their own sadness to say much. “Luck.” She spoke as she sat back down. “Luck is something I’ve had enough of. Mostly mine is bad, I’d rather forget about it entirely.” She laced her fingers as she sat down. A look of not quite, arrogance but something closer to the feeling of royalty exuding from her.
Cyrene Everwind

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes