Knee Deep in High Water [Sama'el, Conrad]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Conrad on January 25th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Conrad looked at Sama'el with a surprised look on his eyes. Immediately recognizing the term, that was what his master called that boring exercise that he needed to do before he would have to do before he could begin to study morphing. So that little thing has to be done for almost every art of magic?

Conrad let that little tidbit of information roll around in his head for a while before he looked back towards Sama'el.
"What is that initiation? Is it something simple like meditating or something else?"
Conrad tried to figure out more of it, maybe he could replicate it by himself later. Though he should get some books about reimancy first then, didn't want to cripple himself by trying things out.
Around this time his little buddy finally dried himself off enough to stop fussing about his feathers and concentrate back on something else. Letting out a happy squawk he climbed from conrad's forearm back onto his shoulder.
Conrad just scratched him right underneath the beak.
"Looks like you are back into a good mood."
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on January 26th, 2011, 4:31 am

OOCI'm ready to end this when you guys are. I think this should top me off to Competency, so our next thread can be the Great Initiation!

Eldon couldn't help but stare at the Parrot. Such a marvelous beast shrouded in mystery and speech, felt so strange. Unnatural. Bizarre. Maybe even... scary. Sure, the Drykas could communicate with their striders almost as well as they could each other, but if Eldon ever heard Vanah speak in Pavi (or Common) then he might pass out from pure shock. What was next? Rocks giving life, movement, and the ability to think? Surely stuff like that (animation) was impossible. Surely Eldon had finally experienced the strangest thing Mizahar had to offer.

"Son, are you ready to depart? I've got much I'd like to say. Ah, Sama'el, good to see you again my son." Eldon father stood next to Eldon as he glanced at the trio, though he didn't give Conrad much more than a glance and a quick forced smile. Eldon's father never took welcoming non-Drykas extremely well. Eldon nodded quickly.

"Yes, just about." His father nodded before exiting the Sunkiss pavilion. "Sam, it's not often my father pulls me away to talk. I think some burden is on his mind he needs to share." Eldon didn't move, though he wanted to. He had a guest here, and even with Sam to entertain him, he thought it would be rude to leave, or even ask permission to leave. So, he waited.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 27th, 2011, 6:10 am

"I don't know, Conrad," he said. "He says he won't tell me until he's ready so..." He spread his hands.

When Eldon's father appeared, he grinned, though it was a trifle more guarded than he was with Eldon himself. Eldon might have been older, and thrust upon a pedestal for hero-worship, but Eldon's father was an Ankal, and there was a distance that such respect brought. Perhaps one day when he was an Ankal too that distance would close, but for now he treated his uncle as an esteemed and respected elder.

"Uncle. May Zulrav be at your back."

When his cousin made his too polite excuses, Sama'el merely grinned and nodded, clapping the hydromancer on the arm.

"May Zulrav be at your back, Semele beneath your feet, and all the gods' blessings upon you." Then, in Common: "Come on, Conrad. They are going on a hunt and we will have to show you around Endrykas a bit more..."

END
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Mixcoatl on February 21st, 2011, 6:17 pm

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Conrad

Experience
+1 Morphing
+1 Teaching
+1 Observation

Lore
Getting Around Language Barriers
Some Drykas are a Little Too Eager
Demonstrating Magic Disciplines
Reimancy (Basic)
Pavi (Poor)

Sama'el

Experience
+2 Observation

Lore
Saving a Poor Bird
Translating
Morphing (Basic)
Reimancy (Basic)
Keeping the Web Secret
Granting Blessings
Giving Tours

Eldon

Experience
+3 Reimancy
+2 Teaching
+1 Observation

Lore
The Feeling of Drowning
Wet Parrots are Not Nice
Getting Around Language Barriers
Morphing (Basic)
Common (Poor)
Catching Yourself in the Midst of Overgiving

Additional Notes: Just a heads up, it's generally bad form to copy and paste people's dialogue into your post.

Eldon, have fun with your Competency and whatnot.

Dani, stop QQing about your lack of experience! You should have done something, danggit!

If I missed something, or if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to PM me.

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous