The Order and the Rifts of Glav Navik

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on April 19th, 2016, 7:17 pm

After several conversations I was left to ponder the inner workings of what visible strife the Knights may be going through and if there is indeed secret infighting within the ranks of those indoctrinated by the fragment monster known as the Wind Oak.

It might be cool to distinguish in The Order whos on what side of the fence if there is indeed anything going on since Glav Navik has become an imposter Sylir as he isn't exactly Sylir reborn and he hasn't exactly reached full god status either.

I'm under the assumption that the vows that knights makes to the Wind Oak are similar to vows of chivalry, and some may view his ascension as a bit of a betrayer and false idol.
As no knight has made oaths to glav navik, and those that follow him under the pretense of being Sylir have been manipulated into tarnishing there honor by betraying what's left of the true Sylir as some will undoubtedly believe the lie and essentially become infidels in the eyes of other zealot fanatics.

I'm actually a bit surprised that the Oak hasn't dispatched it's greatest warriors to Wind Reach to end the false one to protect itself as Glav has meddled with the fragment monsters order and is trying to seize and steal lands by lamenting false claims of the origin of his divinity.

And what of Lord Dyres? What is he without the oak? Wouldn't other noble families after generations of servitude feel a certain level of entitlement to take it over. Knights don't have to be honorable they simply have to be able to fulfill a role to serve the oak.

I mean I could have it all wrong, but I thought the conversation would be useful in understanding the whole picture so that we may better play our roles in the story arc.
Last edited by Avrial Stalinsa on April 19th, 2016, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Words: 32993
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2015, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on April 19th, 2016, 7:20 pm

I'm a little confused. You seem to be posting an IC message OOC? Glav -is- Sylir. He's ascended and taken on the role of Peace and civilization. Ugh. That's common knowledge. He also lives in Syliras.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on April 19th, 2016, 8:21 pm

I was really misinformed when I was reading the write up on the temple of the all gods and could have sworn it mentioned him no longer being there and taking his leave to Wind Reach to become a full god, which now that I think about it explains itself as he did ascend.

I was under the impression that Glav was not Sylir Reborn.
And that while he resided in the domain of peace and civilization, Glav would still be Glav claiming Sylirs sphere of influence/domain if that makes sense.
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nightmare on April 19th, 2016, 8:42 pm

Additionally all the knights that were present at the djed storm in 512 were marked by Sylir reborn. There are no rifts in the Order, there is no doubt according to the order that he is back.
If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on April 19th, 2016, 8:50 pm

Alright thank you both for helping me understand that more clearly. I wasn't sure what to think on it, I know that they co-exist but I wasn't sure about how the fragment monster and Sylir got along.

:)
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on April 19th, 2016, 8:55 pm

Yea. I'm not the DS of Sylias. I don't update locations there.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)