Solo [Safehaven Hostel]Floating Birds. Maybe. Hopefully!

Just Reimancing Around

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

[Safehaven Hostel]Floating Birds. Maybe. Hopefully!

Postby Quiver on May 7th, 2016, 4:19 am

28 Spring, 516

Quiver was relieved that he had discovered lodging. It seemed as if there was a lack of hostels; at least, ones that catered to visitors. The owner was joyous when Quiver revealed that he would purchase a double room for an entire season, and while she led Quiver to his room, she lectured him on the rules. No murdering, no thievery, and no prostitution.Quiver did not feel like he was one that looked very threatening. Unless, however, she was describing the prostitution part. Everybody knew Pycons were quite attractive.

Currently, Quiver reclined on his bed,glancing around his empty room. It was a far cry from his old lodgings. In fact, the only furniture included was an ancient bedframe complete with a dingy, damp matress. Ithe corner stood a weathered desk. The walls were painted a fading white complete with pint flaking in multiple patches. All in all, it was vastly different from Quiver's old accomadations. However, it was much more soothing to lay in an old bed rather then an empty house filled with innumerable memories.

"It might be beneficial to practice my reimancy abilities," Quiver muttered to himself. All during the journey, Quiver avoided utilizing any form of magic. He was afraid of his companions and their views of magic. As a result, Quiver was eager to begin regularly testing his abilities.
Another one.

-Feel free to PM criticisms of my posts!-

"Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." -Emerson
Quiver
Voted GQ's "Sexiest Hunk of Clay!"

Words: 8569
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2016, 4:37 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Quiver on May 8th, 2016, 4:05 am

It was evident that this room was constructed according to human standards. In fact, Quiver had trouble climbing down from his bed. As Quiver was only seven inches tall and quite fragile, jumping was not an option. Four bedposts descended from the corners of the bed. Quiver observed them, noting that sliding down one of them might be a possibility. Glancing at his surroundings, Quiver realized that he would not have many other choices.

Grumpily, Quiver mused to himself, "I'm no acrobat. I'm a reimancer! Why would I waste time trying to slide down the posts. Gah. Petching Nykans; haven't they met a Pycon before. By Harameus! I swear the service here is awful." Quiver was still recovering from his extensive travels, and he was extremely moody. However, Quiver thoughts had planted an idea in his mind. One that just might be succesful.

Unsteadily, Quiver wobbled to the edge of his bed which lay diagonal to the wall. At this side of the bed, Quiver had a complete view across the rest of his room. "What if, I channeled Res and trasmuted it into a brick staircase? Then, I could own a easy, simple way to climb into bed?" Quiver questioned. Father always taught Quiver to visualize his plans before creating Res. Evidently, it lessened the chance that Quiver created to much res and suffered from overgiving. Ironic, since Quiver's father died from overgving. Observing his surroundings, Quiver visualized his plan. He would convert Djed into res to construct between ten to fifteen tall but thin, stone bricks. Then, Quiver would create solid res which he would move into place before transmuting it. The bricks would not have to be wide since Quiver had short leg, and the bed sat nearly two feet off the ground, so the tallest brick would have to be that height. Each subsequent brick would then decrease in height with the smallest laying only two inches off the ground. Thus, bricks would also be two inches shorter than the previous brick.

Plan in mind, Quiver began the process of creating Res. First, Quiver cleared his mind of all stray thoughts; his father taught him meditation to help him focus on Reimancy. With this process beginning, Quiver then stretched his arms out in front of him, parrelel to the bed. This completed, Quiver began imagining, no, forcing Djed to emanate from his body in the form of res. Moments passed, but Quiver remembered his father teaching. tutoring tgat Res would take longer for Quiver to construct on his own. Finally, Quiver's labors came to fruition. Res,the solid form,began tostream from Quiver's outstreched hands. It quivered with energy and was an elegant,matte white color. It floated above him, and Quiver channeled enough Res, hoping to construct a tall enough brick before moving it to the desired positon next to his bed. Then, Quiver transmuted the res into a solid,stone-like substance.

Quiver's first brick, though slightly misshapen,was complete.
Last edited by Quiver on May 9th, 2016, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another one.

Quiver

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Quiver on May 9th, 2016, 4:03 am

Quiver was excited. He had successfully transmuted his solid res into the first step, and was well on his way to finishing the staircase. Now, Quiver was eager to continue his work. Surveying the first brick, Quiver outstretched his arms, feeling the power of Djed well up inside of him.

"Reimancy is like water flowing from a well," Quiver mused, "People understand that water is hidden beneth the surface of the earth, but they are unable to tap into it. With Djed, we feel the power inside of us, and it is our duty to harness it." These thoughts caught Quiver by surprise. Generaly, he did not bother with attemtping to compare or describe reimancy. Petch! It was hard enough to utilize it. "Gah! I don't have time for philosophical musings. I need to finish this."

Mindset, Quiver once again began the process of clearing his mind, emptying it of wayward, stray thoughts. Instead, he focused on Djed, fueling it with the curiousity that often ran rampant in his mind. Arms outstretched and palms bared, Quiver tapped into his inner source of Djed before turning it into Res. Again, Quiver observed as familiar, white res funneled out of his arms. Slowly, he weaved it into the shape he desired. The res was solid, and it sluggishly morphed into the rough outline of a step. Although, Quiver believed it more closely resembled a tall,narrow stone.

Quiver moved the solid res, placing it parralel to the first stone step. Then, finally, Quiver transmuted it into stone. Quiver heard the dull thump as the stone step dropped to the floor. Aparently, Quiver did not have the res laying directly on the floor before transmuting it. "Ah. Nevermind. The two stones are almost perfectly aligned, "Quiver murmured. He could almost smell success; he was ecstatic.. Two steps were finished and roughly ten remained. However, instead Quiver could create a ramp leading down from the first two steps.
Another one.

Quiver

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Quiver on May 11th, 2016, 4:04 am

Quiver surveyed his work, exuberated by his current succes. Soon, he would be able to easily descend from his ben; he would have a completed staircase. Interrupting his work, howls arose from the other section of the house,sidetracking Quiver's train of thought. "Why you. You dirty little tramp. Petch it! I fed you,sheltered you, and you repay me by trying to seduce my maid. Why I should just toss you off one of the bridges right now. Let the monks deal with you," the mistress of the hostel screamed. "No. Don't you interrupt me.... Shut you mouth! I want you out of my room now, " she replied to the alleged tramp, "What's that you said? No! You can't have your deposit back! Now. Get. out!" she roared before stomping away.

"Why that was eventful. Why can't they try and keep it down, though," Quiver thought, "Ahh. Nevermind; I need to finish this. Petch it. One can barely think with ths racket. Probably,it would be best not to let her see this. Perhaps, I could build a ramp to finish this staircase. It could run from this stair tothe floor.In fact,it would be easier to rundown the ramp instead of navigating the stairs at nighttime."

Quiver then began visualizing his plan.He would create res and move it to the front of the stairs before transmuting it. With the res in place, Quiver would have a completed staircase.

Emptying his mind of all thoughts unrelated to Reimancy, Quiver attempted to disregard the sounds emanating from the other rooms. He focused on Res, and summoning Djed from the depths of his body. Outstretching hisarms,Quiver felt the power well up within him. Quiver opened his eyes and released his djed, allowing it to form Res which began to spew from Quiver's hands. It was solid and floated above Quiver. He allowed himself to construct just enough Res to finish the ramp. Due to his fears, he did not want to overgive.

Quiver navigated the res, urging it to follow his mental commands. In order to assist his mind in moving the res, Quiver motioned with his hands. He moved his hand slightly to the left,commanding the res to obey him. It did,stopping directly above the location Quiver wanted to place it. Slowly, Quiver lowered his hand before focusing. Then, he transmuted the djed into stone.
Another one.

Quiver

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Quiver on May 11th, 2016, 4:28 am

Quiver finished transmuting the Res at the same time as the argument in the room neighboring his ended. The slamming of a door corresponded to the dull thump of the ramp settling on the ground. Peering over his bed,Quiver examined the staircase and then stepped onto it. "Seems sturdy enough, "Quiver thought before taking another step. He then jumped onto the ramp. However,Quiver accidentally lost his footing and slid down the slope. "Petch it! I didn't want to make a slide," Quiver shouted. Although, it haperformed its desired function perfectly: Allowing Quiver to get down from his bed rapidly. Standing up and dusting himself off, a new though struck Quiver.

"I should practice my Reimancy with air," Quiver muttered. He had just recently learned that skill and was just beginning to learn the hidden nuances. "Before I combine earth and wind,I should be able to atleast use one of them competently. I wouldn't want to shoot myself with a stone dagger!" Quiver exclaimed. He began debating what to attempt before his eyes settled on his bed. "Mind as well start with something easy. I could try to ruffle the covers."

Quiver formulated the plan.He would channel Res and transmute the outer layers into air. With the core still consisting of pure, unaltered Res, Quiver could direct it. With his emotions in turmoil, Quiver began the process.
Another one.

Quiver

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Quiver on May 12th, 2016, 4:20 am

Quiver was both overjoyed and enraged. Tense but Happy. Frightened and oblivious to potential danger. He was beginning to realize that he created Res more easily when he was angry. Perhaps, the ongoing argument had been beneficial to him. He now,at least partially, understood how his father so easily overgave. "Reimancy can be quite addicting. We grow arrogant,poisoned by our own success. Ahh, I still cannot forgive Father for leaving us behind. He knew. He understood the risks, but he never tried to protect us, " Quiver cried out, a tremble detected in his voice. "I cannot focus on this now. I will create the air particles, and then I will call it day."

Determined to succeed where his father failed, Quiver began to focus on Res and not his past. It was a challenge though. Both good and bad memories cotinued to enter his mind, destroying whatever form of meditation Quvier once possessed. Moments passed until Quier finally regained control of his emotions. Eventually, Quiver was clearheaded enough to channel Res. He outstretched hisarms,focusing on drawing from the well of Djed deep inside his system. He imagined it welling up inside him with nowhere toexit except for the gashes in his arms. Finally,Quiver detected the gaseous tendrils of res flowing out of his hands. The res possessed an appearance and texture similar to that of smoke. Quiver drew enough, shaping it into the form of rough arrow.

With the res succesfully shaped, Quiver then started to mold it into the complex shape he desired. He transmuted the outer layers into Air, leaving the core untouched. Hewas succesful, and motioned wiih his hand where he wanted it to travel. This assisted his brain in understanding and commanding the Res. Rapidly, the diluted mixture of Res and air sailed through the air directly towards Quiver's bed. However, Quiver had grossly overestimated the amount of res necessary,and instead of merely ruffling the covers, it tore them off of the bed flinging them onto the floor.

Quiver's exploits had mostly been succesfull. He was excited to discover what he would learn next with his reimancy!
Another one.

Quiver

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Dove Brown on March 25th, 2017, 5:44 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Quiver
Skills
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Purchased (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Sold (+/-) | Amount

Comments: Before I can grade this, you need to pay your expenses. PM me when this is done.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)