running to, or away?(Iris)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Kain on December 28th, 2010, 3:48 pm

opening his eye's when the fit of laughter was over he saw Iris glareing down at him. "something funny?" she asked angrily. Uh oh, he knew that he had messed up big time, but he didnt mind now. This was his one chance to lighten the mood of this journey and he had taken it.

"Yea. that pony fiasco was pretty funny. And how we were both so nervous about our riding skills, yet we're both jokes when it comes to riding. I'm sorry if it seemed like i'm laughing at you. " kain said, taking a breath as he sat up. "But i wasnt, just at this situation we're in."
Please check out my CS before threading with me, especially the physical description
Kain
Player

Words: 17137
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 6:17 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Iris Dove on December 28th, 2010, 4:07 pm

"Yea. That pony fiasco was pretty funny. And how we were both so nervous about our riding skills, yet we're both jokes when it comes to riding. I'm sorry if it seemed like i'm laughing at you." Kain said, taking a breath as he sat up. Iris tightened her grip on the reigns, the pony taking a few steps back, away from Kain. "But I wasnt, just at this situation we're in."

Iris looked down at him from atop her mount, she narrowed her eyes and looked down at him. Little tiny flames of fiery anger burning in her black eyes. He was laughing at her, she thought, as she pulled up and right on the reigns, turning the pony around, its long brown tail swishing behind it, its hooves clattering on the ground.

"We should be going," Iris said as she looked up at the sky, the sun was getting higher and higher, "we don't know how much longer the light will last," she finished, before giving the pony another little kick, and willing it to walk forward, away from where they had come.

This is going to be one very long and painful journey she thought, as the pony continued walking along, and HE was the one who actually fell off the pony, she thought to herself, still slightly irritated, but doing her best not to let it show.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Words: 77849
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2010, 5:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Kain on December 28th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Sighing kain walked beside the pony quietly. He had just made mad the one person who could make this trip lively. and to make matters worse, they werent going to get very far at this rate with one of them walking, it made no difference that they had a horse. Sighing again, Kain looked back at the road behind them. At least they had made some distance.

Shivering slightly in the winter wind, kain moved closer to the pony and took out a blanket from one of his packs. Wrapping the blanket around himself, he looked up at iris. "If you get cold, i have more blankets you can use." just try to be cordial kain, and everything will go fine, kain told himself silently. Things can only get better from here.
Please check out my CS before threading with me, especially the physical description
Kain
Player

Character sheet

Postby Iris Dove on December 28th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Kain reached over and grabbed a blanket out of one of the packs the pony was carrying. "If you get cold, I have more blankets you can use," he said. Iris nodded, looking down at him, her body growing stiff from sitting too long. Iris leaned forward, and swung her right leg over the side of the horse, dismounting it swiftly, and grabbing the reigns, holding them out to Kain.

"You can ride," she said, hoping that they're make more progress with her walking and him on the pony. She figured she'd hit the pony as soon as he got on it, sending it into a trot, and she'd run beside it, she should be able to keep up for a while, as long as the pony didn't break into a canter, or a run. But Iris wasn't about to tell Kain her idea, she smiled sweetly, glancing down at her feet, and passing them over the ground a few times, making a thin line in the ground. It curved, making a sideways "c."

"Take them," she said again, holding the reigns out to him, "couldn't ride much longer, need to stretch the legs," Iris smiled, a mischievous glint in her eyes.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Kain on December 29th, 2010, 4:24 am

Just happy to stop walking, Kain grabbed the reigns from Iris without a seccond thought. If he had to walk another step kain probably would have busted down into tears. He hadnt thought a journey would be so tireing. "If you insist iris, i guess i'll ride." Hiding how weary he was of walking, to the best of his abilities.

Because of how tired his legs felt, Kain had trouble climbing onto the horse. At first he simply fell over, his legs on one side, his torso on the other. Tempted to just go to sleep like that he sighed, pushing himself lup into a sitting postion on the pony. "alright...lets go i suppose"
Kain
Player

Character sheet

Postby Iris Dove on December 29th, 2010, 4:36 am

Kain grabbed the reigns from Iris so quickly, it shocked her a bit, Iris' mouth hanging open slightly, exposing her two front teeth, and her eyes growing a little wider. He seemed to be in a hurry, she thought, as he said, "if you insist Iris, I guess I'll ride." Iris nodded, looking over at him, waiting.

It took Kain a while to mount the pony again, maybe he was really tired, Iris thought, feeling bad for allowing so much time to pass with him on foot. He really had been slowing them down, she thought to herself, before looking up at the sky, the sun even higher than before. It'll be night pretty soon, Iris thought to herself as the wind whistled through the pass.

Iris' blonde hair flew back behind her, and her face began to grow cool from the breeze, it felt nice, she thought, as Kain said, "alright...lets go I suppose," from atop the pony. Iris nodded, allowing him to grab the reigns, and tighten his hold on them, walk a few paces before she whacked the pony's rump, sending it into a trot.

Iris ran after it, excited to finally be moving again. She just had to be careful not to trip and fall on her face as she ran alongside Kain and the pony.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Kain on December 29th, 2010, 5:01 am

Kain was not expecting his pony to go so fast. He hadnt been paying attention, about to nod off when iris had sent his pony into a trot. Caught by suprise, kain didnt know what to do so he leaned forward and simply wrapped his arms around the pony's neck, simply holding on. This was the fastest he had ever ridden on a horse, even if it wasnt the fastest this pony could go.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" kain screamed, trying to stay quit but failing. 'Crap this is scary' kain thought to himself, as he watched iris run alongside him. What god had he made mad to have iris come along? this would be so much easier if he was alone...well, easier but alot more boring. Deep down he was glad for iris, however, riding along on that pony, right then, he hated her with everything he had left. Why did she have to do such things to him? closing his eyes, and trusting his pony to simply follow where iris went, kain try'ed to control his stomach. It might not be going faster then a humans run, but it was still quit a ride for someone inexperienced to any animals. the bouncing, oh god, it was mainly the bouncing the pony inflicted upon kain. His stomach couldnt handle it.
Kain
Player

Character sheet

Postby Iris Dove on December 29th, 2010, 5:22 am

"Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Kain screamed as Iris did her best to keep up. She was lagging slightly behind, by a few feet, at this point, having managed to keep up before. Iris' arms swinging wildly with each forward step, helping to build enough momentum to speed her up as she chased after Kain and the pony. Iris felt like she was flying over the ground as her breath grew heavier and heavier, her chest tighter and tighter. Sweat beading upon her brow, but she didn't have time to wipe it away. Iris' hair was flying behind her, and her eyes never left Kain.

Kain wasn't sitting up in the saddle, he was absorbing each bounce. Gosh, why did he have to be just as bad a rider as she, if not worse? she wondered as she stared at him. He was going to hurt himself, even more so than either of them already had, "sit up in the saddle!" Iris screamed as she tripped over a rock, her arms waving around wildly, as she fell to the ground, dirt falling into her face, but that didn't stop her, she got up instantly, and looked up, to find Kain getting smaller and smaller. She sighed, and ambled after him, rather behind at this point.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Kain on December 29th, 2010, 5:54 am

Kain shook his head, "Sit up" she had said, yet he couldnt. if he did that he'ed puke all over his pony, and he doubted the animal would like that to much. "I..I cant!" kain shouted, eye's still closed tight. With his eye's like that, kain didnt see that he was quickly outpacing iris. He was to busy holding on to the pony that Iris had let loose. "stupid demon horse" kain muttered.

This was definatly not going how he had planned it. This was supposed to be a simple trip, for whatever reason kain wasnt going to specify, even to himself. He then started muttering names of gods under his breath, mainly ionu, asking any of them to help him out of this situtation. In fact, he said ionu so many times, he half expected to be struke down for saying his name to many times. And so, as kain was busy praying, he kept on getting further and further away from iris.
Kain
Player

Character sheet

Postby Iris Dove on December 29th, 2010, 6:07 am

"I.... I can't!" Kain called, Iris just barely able to make his voice out, now that he was getting farther and farther away, maybe smacking the pony wasn't such a good idea, she thought, as she bit down on her bottom lip. Running after them seemed useless, she could barely make them out anymore, and the fact that the sun was going down and the wind was picking up sure didn't help matters a single bit.

Didn't he know how to stop a horse? she wondered as she walked along in what she hoped to be Kain's general direction, as night continued to fall, and a slim crescent moon became visible in the darkening sky. Not good, she thought to herself, as she picked up the pace a bit, hoping to simply run into Kain, find him waiting for her. But the notion didn't seem likely.

Iris didn't have much in her bag, which, thank the gods, she had the sense to keep on her back even when she was riding. Iris sighed, pulling her bag to her and pulling out a red apple, munching on it slowly as she walked along. It wasn't very tasty, but it was food, and she hoped it would be enough to tide her rumbling stomach over until she could find some more.

After a few moments, she had finished the apple, and threw the core over her shoulder, she continued walking, when she thought she heard footsteps coming from behind her, "hello?" she whispered, looking over her shoulder, seeing nothing but rocks and dirt. Thinking nothing of it, Iris shrugged and kept walking, but couldn't shake the feeling that something or someone was watching her; following her.

Nervous, she quickened her pace, soon finding herself jogging in the direction she hoped Kain was in, and calling his name, "Kain! Kain!" hearing it echo all around her. Her eyes growing wider and wider with fear, this was so not good.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

PreviousNext