Aura of Paranoia (Aislyn)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Tail on June 25th, 2016, 3:41 am

Timestamp:

”Ionu shows favor to those that show respect the city. There’s no unfair favor.”

”If I am to speak frankly.” Said Aislyn. Though Tail was uncertain of what she had meant by that manner. He took it as a result of how Ionu would usually treat her people. Tail didn't feel comfortable being in the presence of Ionu. Though; he felt even less comfortable of his creator thinking about it, now. Where was he going with this, did he have a set reason that he wanted to discover? Or was it the fact of his knowledgeable trait that makes him to want to learn of this City of Illusion.

"Do you respect Ionu and her... Ways? I assume you do. Do you see her treatments, fair?" Tail asked; half of which was to himself the other half was meant for Aislyn whom he known as Maya. (He doesn't know her as Aislyn of course). ”There are no precautions. You’ll find your way- eventually- I assure you. Alvadas does not care what rush you are in, but it is not a cruel mistress.”

"Okay, thank you Maya. I should treat Ionu with equal respect as I do with Harameus." Tail furrowed his pudgy clay index finger to his temple, or where one would be if he were human. He rubbed it as if he were getting a headache. Taking all of this information in at this time, when he's tired and perhaps slightly on edge; isn't doing him good.

Even with his... Pupil at the time is getting annoyed with him. That is not helping his, situation at all. Well, unlikely. "My definition of a good reason, so you ask.." The day seemed so long to Tails eyes that he was growing slightly agitated of this continuation. Where was he going ewith this concept? "Is that I want to know what Ionu does. My good reasoning behind this concept is this; I do not trust the Gods as much as you or one of your best of friends will. I believe in them, my conspiracy of this is no matter where you'll go. They'll always be watching. Always be waiting for that moment. To either make your life miserable or to lead you into a good life. Though, they base all of those decisions on how you make out the world. The change is you. Without us; the Gods won't necessarily have people to play in their little games. They can't play us forever."

Now' it seemed like the little clay fox was lecturing Aislyn (Maya). He didn't really know how she thinks or how she'll react. Though for one thing. That is his explanation of a "good reason." It was like a game of chess. The Gods are the Kings and Queens of the board. And whoever plays the important roles earns the more prominent pieces on the board. While the others... They are just pawns.

"Now; I feel that I have explained myself enough for one night. I had a long day worth of a walk and I bet you've had a busy day yourself. Soon, I can show you more of what Auristics can do. If you so wish to stay up late, of course I have no problem with that and this is your place of residency and I wish to not burden you with taking me in as your responsibility. Goodnight."

As Aislyn slowly crept out of the room, Tail circled around on the mattress and curled up into a cute 'puffy' clay ball. He closed his eyelids and dozed off to unconsciousness. Waiting for the night to pass on to day. Waiting. Sleeping.

This is an option for speech.
This is an option for speech.
"It's not where the journey takes you. It's where you take the journey."

Secret :
Credits to Avatar go to Nivel.
Tail
Player

Words: 81228
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 12:49 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yisanareysin on July 5th, 2016, 7:04 am

The ssssssnake hassss your gradesssss...

Tail

Skills
    ‡ Observation +5
    ‡ Socializing +5
    ‡ Interrogation +4
    ‡ Negotiation +1
    ‡ Auristics +3
    ‡ Philosophy +4
    ‡ Teaching +4
    ‡ Rhetoric +4
    ‡ Investigation +1
    ‡ Planning +1
    ‡ Persuasion +1

Lores
    ‡ Alvadas: City of Illusions
    ‡ Location: The Sanity Center
    ‡ Ionu causes Alvadas's illusions
    ‡ Maya: Alvadas Citizen
    ‡ Magic is not liked in Alvadas
    ‡ Aislyn: Willing to pay for lessons
    ‡ Alvadas: No way to reliably get around
    ‡ There are different types of illusions

Rewards & Retribution
    ‡ Minor overgiving: For the next two days, Tail will feel the urge to use auristics more and more. Actual use of auristics will be even more exhausting than usual

Comments
Just a quick comment Tail, Alvads don't think anything is strange. A small talking clay statue is pretty tame by Alvadas standards. Also, at 14 points, you should be describing more of the process of using auristics, since it shouldn't be so natural to you just yet. There were posts where I couldn't justify giving you points because you were playing quite a bit above your skill level.

Aislyn

Skills
    ‡ Observation +5
    ‡ Planning +3
    ‡ Socialization +5
    ‡ Interrogation +3
    ‡ Rhetoric +4
    ‡ Subterfuge +2
    ‡ Negotiation +2
    ‡ Persuasion +2
    ‡ Teaching +3
    ‡ Writing +4
    ‡ Philosophy +3
    ‡ Meditation +1
    ‡ Auristics +1
    ‡ Organization +1

Lores
    ‡ Ionu: Not a patient deity
    ‡ Anjani: Illusion for the Sheathewisps
    ‡ Tail: Pycon Aurist
    ‡ Tail: Very new to Alvadas
    ‡ Rearranging furniture to accommodate a guest
    ‡ Pycons: Can change their shape
    ‡ Pycons: Eat clay
    ‡ Auristics: A sensing magic
    ‡ Overgiving: Consequence of using too much magic
    ‡ Auras can show many things
    ‡ Avalis: Goddess of Visions
    ‡ Djed: The key to magic
    ‡ Lhavit: A magical city
    ‡ Tail: Does not understand illusions

Rewards & Retribution
    ‡ Minor overgiving: For the next two days, Aislyn will have a slight headache. If she uses auristics within this period, she will also have a slight pain in her ears as long as it's being used.

Comments
I'm not 100% convinced you could go straight to sensing residual activity your first time, so I gave you some minor overgiving.

Don't forget to delete your post in the grading queue, and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me about your grade!
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)