Open The Spider Without A Web

Dex arrives in a brand new city, but how will he deal with the hustle and bustle and the city's tricks?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

The Spider Without A Web

Postby Dexius on June 16th, 2016, 7:09 pm

9th of Summer, 516 AV

"Well this is not exactly what I had expected..but I suppose I am a long ways from home now.." Dex mumbled to himself as he eyed the busy streets of his new would be home.

"I guess it's time to look around for a while and see what this place has to offer me.." With that Dex brought up his red scarf to slightly cover his face, just up far enough to cover his mouth and nothing more, exactly how he liked it even in the summer weather.

As Dex proceeded forward carefully through the crowds he came upon his first Alvad building. "The Sanity Center huh? Welcoming and orientation..but who would need orientation for a city? Hmm..maybe i'll return to see what they have to say once I've explored around for a while." These thoughts rolled off the young Symenestra's mind as he continued forward and down a nearby street.

Amazement would probably best describe Dex's expression if anybody could see it. People of all varieties walked the streets some in multi-color clothing but others who seem to be grouped largely together donned basic traveling clothes like himself. He passed by a couple who were performing tricks and stunts with fire which caught his attention for more than a few moments, he decided to tip them a silver miza to which they thanked.

Continuing on he passed by a few buildings that appeared to be shops of some variety. More than Metal, The Tattered Thread, and Arrhizal Apothecary were among the few that Dex noticed as he kept on going forward. "So strange to see all the structures focused on the ground here..I wonder if there is anything like back home?" But Dex quickly pushed that thought out of his head, he was here to be away from Kalinor not to think about what he was leaving behind by coming here.

Dex pressed on for a few more chimes discovering what he assumed were local homes or other small businesses along the way. "Perhaps I should head back to this Sanity Center and see what kind of welcoming they could offer me here." With that thought in mind he started to trace back his steps towards the entrance of the city, but he quickly found himself becoming a little more than lost. "I could have sworn this was the way I came from...but perhaps not." Dex whispered out loud as he came out to a fairly nondescript intersection in the city with a few buildings around him. "Hey..is there anybody about who could help me out for a moment?" He paced about the few local buildings to see if anybody would answer his call for help.
"Strength is born of those with a burdened soul"
"Weakness is born of those with a perfect smile"
This is Thought
This is Common
This is Symenos
Dexius
Embracing the fear, chasing the fight

Words: 115381
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 2:21 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets