PM to join New Talents and New Friends

Seirei and Jasmine get to know each other a little

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

New Talents and New Friends

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on July 15th, 2016, 4:39 am

9th Spring 516, A.V.

Jasmine got up stretching out trying to wake up still very tired. The woman had not slept well since the events of the past season. Her "father" had destroyed the only family she had ever known, then there was the trip to fight the slavers. Though she was not sure that anyone other than the Watch members knew completely what had been going on. Thankfully she was no longer waking up in the middle of the night screaming. The nightmares came yet they no longer woke her up. Sighing gently she stood up and walked out of the pavilion tying back the flap to the tent looking out. A soft snore caught her ears, turning the woman saw Haven on her back legs in the air snoring away still asleep. Shaking her head Jasmine stepped inside and quickly got changed before grabbing her brush. Sitting down cross legged the blonde worked on getting her hair brushed out wincing pulling out a large knot.

Rubbing her head making a face the woman got up one last time putting the brush away. Once everything was away Jasmine walked out and spotted Chaser was now up and grazing stretching out and waking as well. Walking over the woman clicked her tongue causing him to look towards her. Smiling gently the blonde let him smell her hand before mounting out bareback not wanting to deal with the yvas. She had no plans of going hunting, but instead of checking with some hunting partners from the past several seasons about future hunts. Using her leg the rider got the stallion headed towards the Amethyst clan area. No matter how many times she came to the clan her throat seemed to tighten thinking of her siblings. Jasmine held no love for the man she once called father or the woman who had lied to her. Weaving their way through the tents Chaser snorted as they appeared at the Dawnwhisper Pavilion. Sitting back the stallion stopped allowing the woman to swing down. Walking up to the open tent she peered inside. Not seeing anyone the blonde heard something on the other side of the tent. Going around a very amusing sight caught the woman's eye. A young strider about a year of age if Jasmine had to guess not listening to a newly bonded rider/non bonded rider.

"Hello. Sorry for disturbing you. I was looking for Naiya, but I would like to help if I can," Jasmine called slowly walking up to the pair.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Seirei Dawnwhisper on August 12th, 2016, 12:59 am

Seirei called Thunder over to her. The young colt looked up at the sound of his name. When Seirei showed him the grooming brush she held in her hand, he trotted over eagerly. Ever since Naiya had taught Seirei how to groom a strider, Seirei had taken great care to groom Thunder properly. It was hard to say who loved it more. And the time spent together helped to strengthen their bond.

Just like she'd been taught, Seirei used circular motions as she ran the brush along Thunder's neck. She moved from his neck down to his sides, and back, not stopping until she was finished. Then she started on his other side. When she was done with that, she switched to a softer brush to work on his legs.

Thunder leaned into the brush strokes. His pleasure in being groomed was so obvious that if he was a cat, he would be purring loudly. Seirei grinned, and responded by taking her time grooming him. It was time well spent, and she loved making Thunder happy. As she groomed the yearling, she kept a sharp eye out for scratches and ticks. But she didn't see any.

When she was finished, she put the brushes away. She saw a yvas, and on impulse, she grabbed it before heading back out to Thunder. Seirei knew that Thunder was too young to be ridden yet. But if she began working with him now, and getting him used to what a yvas felt like, wouldn't it be easier to ride him when the time finally came? Thunder would probably enjoy the lessons. He certainly seemed interested enough when Naiya was teaching her how to ride last fall.

Seirei started by approaching Thunder slowly with the yvas in hand. When she got close enough, she held it out for him to see it properly. Thunder sniffed at it with interest, and showed no fear of it, which seemed to be a promising sign. But before Seirei could put the yvas on Thunder's back so he could feel what it was like, he snaked his neck forward, and grabbed it out of her hands with his teeth. Startled, Seirei took a step back.

But Thunder showed no signs of anger, or alarm. His ears were perked with interest as he tossed his head, playing with his new toy. After a while, he managed to latch onto the strap, and began dragging it along the ground as if it was the funniest thing to do in the world.

Why did I think this was a good idea?

To him, it was a great game. That much was obvious. The yvas was clearly a toy made just for his amusement. Seirei just hoped that it survived the treatment it was getting. She tried to think of a way she could get the yvas back, but was startled by an unfamiliar voice.

Seirei looked up to see a blond haired, blue eyed woman watching her in amusement. She couldn't blame the stranger. They had to make a pretty amusing sight. And at least the woman hadn't laughed. Instead, she offered to help.

"I think I need all the help I can get." Seirei said softly, with a shy, rueful smile.

The woman was looking for Naiya. Which meant that her sister must know this woman. That made Seirei feel less nervous around her. But she was worried that the stranger's friendly attitude might change if she decided that Seirei wasn't a Drykas.

"Naiya isn't here right now. Maybe I could help you instead? I was trying to get my strider used to the feel of a yvas in the hopes that it would make it easier for him to learn to tolerate a rider when he's old enough to be ridden. But Thunder clearly has other ideas..." Seirei tried to explain.

Seirei blushed when she realized that she hadn't introduced herself yet.

"I'm sorry. My name is Seirei Dawnwhisper." she said softly.

Apologies. Should have introduced myself sooner.

Seirei Dawnwhisper
Player

Words: 511147
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2014, 7:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on August 13th, 2016, 5:17 am

"Oh excuse me. I am jasmine Moonstone. I figured she may not be." Jas said with a soft look to the girl.

Jasmine smiled knowing the feeling very well. Chaser had been that way till about one and half to two years of age. Walking over the woman started darting around laughing playing with the yearling. Finally she is able to snag the yvas the little one neighed and pranced around her ready to keep playing. Catching her breath Chaser snorted and reared up causing Thunder to back up and stop watching the elder. Walking over to the stallion she flicked his nose some causing him to bow his head. Patting his neck the blonde got some sugar coated carrots from her bag and walked over to Thunder.

“Some times a little food is the best trick for a stubborn or even playful strider,” Jasmine said and held the yvas up.

She held the thing up in the air with the treat on the opposite side. Thunder's ear pricked up as he slowly walked forward curious. Taking a few careful steps forward she got the yvas over his head as he grabbed the carrot and chewed on it. Smiling the woman finished putting it on. Jasmine didn't fasten it knowing he would have to get used to the weight first.

“It will certainly help, but once he is big enough you will probably need to just sit on his back for about half a bell at a time several times a day to get him used to it. From there you can add the yvas which he will already be comfortable with. I didn't need her for anything really; I was deciding whether to go hunting or not and was going to see if she would like to join me. What is it you do Seirei?” The blonde asked looking at the young girl.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)