[Knirin Gardens] At rainbows end [Descant]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Fade on January 1st, 2011, 12:44 pm

31st of winter

The Knirin gardens were a spectacular sight: the breathtaking gardens stretched on a ledge halfway up the falls. Rock formations and pools of icy water formed Knirin lake. A light mist made the greenery moist and healthy.
Fade could only walk and wonder her steps light and measured. The gardens made her oddly peaceful and at ease and she drank her surroundings avidly with her blue eyes. Riverfall was truly a beautiful city.

Fade lingered by Knirin lake dipping her fingers in the cold winter waters, she watched the ripples for sometime. Then she wondered with a lost smile on her face stopping in front of a rock suddenly gripped with a childish joy putting on hand on the rock she hoisted herself up in a handstand did a split and jumped down. She was weirdly happy and continuing her jump she back-flipped easily and landed on her feet perfectly hair all over the place.

Regaining composure she tied her blonde almost white hair up and continued walking up to where the ledge finished and she was standing on the grass and looking out over the edge down toward the Suvan Sea and the lower section of the city. She stood there looking down painfully close to the edge dress fluttering in the wind her hand on her Ranuri just below her collarbone.
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Descant Shepard on January 2nd, 2011, 6:34 pm

Descant had already been sitting in the grass, he needed to get away from everyone at Sanctuary. It seemed that those who resided there were friendly, very friendly, but he wasnt used to all the attention yet. The disorder of his mind plagued him with paranoia and caution. He didnt actually trust anyone yet. Today was just a day for himself, to breath in the fresh air of Riverfall and enjoy the gardens. The only thing though that thre him was the falls, he never liked water due to the "baths" in the Pits of Ravok. A waterfall wasnt exactly soothing, so, he tried to keep his eyes off of it.

He ruffled his hair a little, being that it had just been freshly cut a while ago, he felt good about it, he liked the feeling of being without all the distracting tufts that werent necessary. Then, his ear twitched, listening closely to the sound or almost lack thereof, or footfalls. Then as he looked up, he caught the sight of a pale girl, almost white hair, like Kavala, but different. She had no scales. She couldnt have been what Kavala was. She wasnt a Glowing Woman.

He watched her from where he was as she walked to the edge to look at the sea. he felt he should say something, or else he'd look like some type of stranger, or creeper. So, against his judgement, he spoke.

"Y-you shouldn't stand so close....You might fall." He said softly. His voice was quiet, but loud enough to be heard. It wasnt bold or scary or even heroic, it was just....there.
Descant Shepard
Player

Words: 35137
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 7:27 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Fade on January 2nd, 2011, 8:34 pm

Fade mind was wandering the Suvan sea far below from where she was standing. She was wondering the blue expanses far from where she impassively stood, she was happily far away from her old life.

But a voice cut quietly through her journey, she turned after a few seconds to see who had spoken. A young man with golden eyes and odd marks on his face was sitting not too far away. She lowered her hand from her red mark and replied slowly matter of factly "Many things might,could and shouldn't happen" She smiled wistfully at the stranger "but they do..."
He seemed reserved but he would trust her or at least feel at ease thanks to her gnosis mark, not to think about the other workings of her mark, she sighed inwardly.

Stepping away from the edge and having nothing better to do she approached the stranger slowly and asked "And what series of events have brought you here? If I may ask..." She was genuiley interested, she liked talking to people freely, interacting and frankly having a will of her very own. It was good being her own owner, it was good to be free.
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Descant Shepard on January 6th, 2011, 6:46 pm

He watched her as she turned to him and spoke. Her voice was soft, but it seemed very careful. She wasnt a Glowing Woman, but she certainly spoke like one. He took in her features more in dept as she approached. Very pale skin and hair, almost white her locks were, but a read mark stood out in contrast to her skin and hair. He wondered what it meant, but he didnt know.

What struck him most was that he didnt draw back from her, his body didnt tighten from his natural defensive demeanor, as she got closer to him. There was something definately different about this person compared to others, even the Glowing Woman Kavala.

He took her question in and thought on it for a moment. "Well...," He spoke softly. "...if you mean to the Gardens...I just needed to get away from Sanctuary for a while. Im not really ready to begin working on anythhing there just yet. If you mean to Riverfall...then I dont know exactly." He watched her carefully, keeping his guard up. "What about you?"
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fade on January 6th, 2011, 10:32 pm

She leant on a convenient rock near to him carefully considering his words: he didn't know exactly why he was in Riverfall? It sounded strange but she let her curiosity subside as she answered his question "Well in the Gardens for your same reason and in Riverfall..." Her voice trailed away "Because slavers are far away from here, and Riverfall is a peaceful place...and I need peace"

She let her curiosity take hold of her "What do you mean when you say you don't know why you are here?"

She closed her eyes for a second and said simply"I'm Fade" She didn't want to seem rude by pressing him for information so she gave her name, info for info.

He was strangely edgy and Nikali knew that she should be on guard, she couldn't afford to spiral down again from sanity and from freedom.
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Descant Shepard on January 9th, 2011, 6:29 pm

He simply nodded, she was at Santuary then. She smelled as though she'd been there. Not to say she smelled bad, but Sanctuary has a certain scent about it. He looked down at his hands, then withdrew them into his cloak and pulled it tighter around himself.

When she asked her next question, he tilted his head to think about it for a moment, reliving the days when he first arrived. He trully didnt know why or how he got here. "I really dont know. I was sent here in a wagon among female Kelvics. I was the only male. I dont know how that happened. But I do know that Im glad that it did. I didnt want to be in Ravok anymore."

He smiled and ran his hand over the fabric of his pants, then looked back to her as she said her name. "Fade" is what she said. It seemed appropriate, it did seem as though she could fade away at any second, she was very pale.

"Im Descant...Descant Shepard."
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fade on January 15th, 2011, 11:17 am

A kelvic then, she tried to imagine what species of animal he could be. Weirdly because of his surname the first quadruped she thought was a sheep but she ruled it out almost immediately. Something fast was the second thing she thought.
Ravok and wagons seem to point at an unhappy arrival but she didn’t press him for other details.

He had mentioned the Sanctuary and the small jobs Kavala needed help in she smiled fondly at the thought and asked "And what are you're skills, Descant? Whatever they may be I'm sure Kavala will find good use for them..." She chuckled softly pushing away a stray lock of hair out of her face.
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Descant Shepard on January 19th, 2011, 9:23 pm

Descant watched her carefully, even though she seemed easy to trust, he felt he should still keep at least some of his boundaries up. The fact was that he still didnt know the woman. The thought back on his journey here, the cramped, dark, and foul smelling ride to Riverfall that changed his life forever.

When he heard her question, he thought carefully on it, and ruffled his messy fauxhawk again. "Well my only real skill is fighting. So, I guess the main responsibility that I'll take on there is security. Maybe, take on some hunting too, it seems that fresh meat there is needed."

He stared at her, his golden eyes taking her features in again, commiting them to memory. He tilted his head. "Since youre asking qestions, I guess is it isnt wrong that I ask any. What might you be doing here in Riverfall? And at Sanctuary?"
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fade on January 25th, 2011, 7:38 pm

She nodded at his statement. Fighting, it suited him for sure, she took a step forward and sat down not very far from him, clutching her knees in her arms.
She met his gaze evenly, ice blue eyes meeting his golden ones almost unblinking.
She looked away suddenly, her eyes lingering on the greenery her mouth tightening slightly at his question “I’m in Riverfall, because I havent anywhere to go, or anyone for that matter. And at the Sanctuary because there are many people with the same past as I have and…and I can be of some use, good use I mean...” She absentmindedly touched the red mark again, she did that quite a lot, still a bit incredulous but mostly apprehensive, her eyes glazed for a moment, she looked back at him her normal expression regained.

All his words and the mere fact that he was staying in the Sanctuary pointed to a past they both had in common, but Fade wasn’t used to jumping to conclusions. She would probably ask him, but only when he need may present itself.

"Are you a Kelvic?" She asked stating the obvious "What animal?" She asked genuinely curious.
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Descant Shepard on January 26th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Descant didnt shy away as she sat down in from of him, sharing his gaze. Her eyes were as deep and icy as the pools below them. He held their gaze and surprisingly, it was her that looked away first, knowing that under normal circumstances, he would be the one to avert his eyes first.

As she answered his question, his kept his eyes on her, hoping her gaze would fall upon his eyes again. He seeked to truly understand how she felt about what she'd just told him, the only way for him to know was to gaze upon her eyes again. He followed her hand to her mark yet again and filed it shape away for later discussion. Her eyes met his own again and he dug deep into his observant and hypervigilant nature to really grasp what was behind the expression she'd just put on. There had to be more to this "Fade" than just the fact that she had nowhere to go and that her name matched her look perfectly. Even with her obvious lack of color, their was an apparent beauty about her. His polar opposite in fact, while she had barely any color, he was a palet for darker hues. From his own tanned skin to the spikey black mess atop his own head. Her skin was unblemished by scars, while his body held enough to entertain a group with tales of the battles he'd won. The fact that she lacked any color, aside from the red mark near her hip, fit her. She was definately a symbol of natural beauty, much like Kavala. He wondered why it was that she would waste her time socializing with an animal such as himself.

He was quickly jostled out of his calculatory state of mind by her questions, simple yet necessary questions. He nodded slightly to the first questions before speaking on the second.

"Im a cheetah. From what I hear, cheetah kelvics arent common. I suppose I should feel special, or unique, or something of the sort, but Im nothing special. Just an ex-pitfighter. I have the scars to prove it." He smiled slightly, which was strange since he rarely smiled when speaking on his life in the pits.
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Next