[Vesi] I Watched the Storm...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Vesi Galesong on August 15th, 2016, 6:50 pm

...So Beautiful Yet Terrific

So yeah, I guess I'm using this to get a better idea of Vesi and who she is, because writing posts may help some, but writing about her outside of that will be much better. That's not all I'll be writing about here, of course, but that's what started this venture. Hopefully it will work out.
Vesi Galesong
Player

Words: 6747
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2016, 8:32 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Vesi Galesong on August 16th, 2016, 3:55 pm

...So Beautiful Yet Terrific

So I thought I'd start out with Gossamer's Character Development Questions, since she was so kind to provide something like that. I'm breaking it up so I don't have a huge TLDR of stuff. So each part is going to have four sections of questions, which I think means there will be five parts to this. ...I think. I haven't really done a super amount of planning for this, opting to just start it and push to get it done. I know how unmotivated I can get if I try to be laid back about it. So, without any further ado, Part 1 of Gossamer's Questions!

General Information

What is your Name?
Her name is Vesi Galesong, formerly Vesi Saltbreeze.

Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
There was a period in which she went by “Ves”. She wanted to feel older and more mature, and thought this was the best way to go about that. But after the loss of her father, she returned to calling herself Vesi.

How old are you?
As of the 67th of Spring, Vesi is 17 years old.

What is your height?
Vesi is rather short, only 5“ 2’.

What is your weight?
Because of her small frame and frequent activity, Vesi weighs only about 110 pounds.

Aethestics

Describe yourself as you see yourself.
Vesi does not think herself beautiful, though she does not think herself ugly either. In her view, Svefra are meant to stand out in every way. She does not. She wishes she was taller, curvier. She wishes her hair wasn’t so plain, and that her eyes were more vibrant in their blue. She sees it as bad fortune that she be so plain. But Laviku has decided she look this way, so she will accept it if she must.

Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Vesi is actually quite beautiful, though everyone agrees that it is a more subtle beauty. Some are jealous and some wish to catch her eye. But unless someone is actively looking for her, she can sometimes blend in with the crowd. Unless they were to see her with her pod. Then she would definitely stand out.

What is your favorite body feature?
Vesi’s favorite feature is her skin. Though it does not tan as grandly as other Svefra, it makes her Mark and tattoos seemingly stand out better. She also thinks the freckles she has across her face and body are quite precious.

How physically fit are you?
Vesi is about as fit as any other Svefra. She doesn’t seek to make herself thin. But it just comes natural to her thanks to her meals and frequent activity on the ship.

How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Vesi does not care too much about how fancy her clothes are. So long as it is loose enough to allow movement, she does not care if it is a burlap sack. One thing she is rather picky about is jewelry. Unfortunately, she has now lost it all to The Storm. When she did have it, she made sure that it had secure clasps and would not fall off easy. She also tends towards jewelry made with stones, as it does not need as much upkeep as metal jewelry.

Family

Who are your parents and what are they like?
Vesi’s parents are Tani Saltbreeze and Kohalo Galesong. Vesi knows little about her mother, Tani, as she died in an attack on their pod when Vesi was 3 years old. Predator sharks had encroached on them while they fished. Tani’s injuries were too severe for anyone to be able to save her. What Vesi does remember of her mother are flashes of her mother’s vibrant smile. She also remembers her mother’s Tavan, some creature shaped somewhat like a triangle. Her father, Kohalo, loved Tani so much that mere mention of her gave him great pain and grief. So unfortunately, Vesi learned nothing of Tani from her father.

Kohalo Galesong married into the Saltbreeze pod from some other pod, but he doesn’t speak much of it. Vesi has no clue what happened to them and sometimes wonders if they survived The Storm as well. Kohalo was a tall, strapping man, able to spear fish and hoist sails with ease. He had a booming laugh and found something in every day worth laughing over. Despite his light-hearted nature, he knew when he needed to be serious. He was not gentle with her, but he wasn’t cruel either, and often made opportunities to show how much he loved her. Kohalo, too, has passed, though his death is due to The Storm rather than a small incident. Because of the traumatic nature of his loss, Vesi still grieves from time to time.

Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Because of Tani’s death and Kohalo’s great grief, Vesi does not have any brothers or sisters. Sometimes she is grateful for this, when she sees other siblings bicker, but other times she is wistful for that relationship, when she sees those siblings care for each other.

What is your extended family like?
Vesi’s Galesong pod is full of peaceful yet exuberant people. They show kindness to all others, even if they are not Svefra. Everyone is a child of the Divines and deserves the appropriate treatment. It was her father's responsibility to teach her practical skills. The pod took it upon themselves to teach her everything else. They never made her feel like an outsider, and included her in their adventures when they could.

Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
Vesi considers friends and family to be one and the same. If you protect each other, love each other, and enjoy each other’s company, you are family. This view of family helps especially now that she does not know where her pod is.

Do you treat animals like family?
Some animals are family. The Tavan in a Pod are family, and Avikki can sometimes be family. But in Vesi’s eyes, anyone who owns an animal has a pet, not a family member.

Where were you born?
Vesi was born in the South Suvan Sea, but she considers the North Suvan where she truly came into herself.

Where do you live now?
Starting Fall 516, Vesi will be in Mura, home of the Konti. She heard frequent stories from travelers about the Konti. It was always fascinating some people did not need cards or palms to see someone’s past. Now that Vesi is older, she clings to these stories with desperation. If she could learn from the Konti, she could somehow see into her own past and find the remainders of her pod. She does not know if it is possible, but any advantage she can take, she will.

If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
Vesi dreams of living back in the North Suvan Sea, but it would be meaningless if she didn’t have her pod with her.

Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
Kohalo often mentioned his travels to Riverfall and its beauty. Once she finds her pod again, she wouldn’t mind going there to see what her father was talking about.

Where do you fear to be?
Vesi is irrationally afraid of the cities of Ekytol. They are so void of water that she would be completely out of her element. She doesn’t know if she should even be setting foot in the cities. It could mean bad luck if she did.
Vesi Galesong
Player

Words: 6747
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2016, 8:32 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook