(Job Thread) Pest control

Victor ventures out into the heat in an attempt to catch some rabbits

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

(Job Thread) Pest control

Postby Victor Marivaldi on August 24th, 2016, 4:23 pm

516 4th day of Summer

Victor laid there spread out in the long grass. His pale skin had taken on a feint red glow from the sun which was now at its highest directly above him. Victor had never known heat like this before. Having lived in Kalinor most of his life Victor had rarely seen the affects of the weather throughout the different seasons. It had only been 4 days of his first Summer outside of the Caves and he was already wishing it was over. Victor lifted his flask up hoping to get a cool stream of water come out. Instead all he got was a few droplets on his tongue. Victor sighed "well i guess its time to move then, I cant lay about all day" He hopped to his feet and wiped away a drop of sweat from his forehead.

Victor was only a couple minutes walk away from his camp but in the short time he was away, rabbits seemed to have turned it into their personal bathroom. As he came into camp they scattered leaving nothing but a few dozen piles of droppings, even managing to get it inside his tent. Victor looked over to his horse "and i suppose you were powerless to stop this, weren't you?" Charlotte let out a short quiet little neigh and shook her head about, shortly returning to munching on grass. "Just as i thought. its always down to poor old me to sort things out."

Victor spent a few minutes cleaning up what mess he could find. After scrubbing a particularly nasty batch off of his bed roll Victor decided he had had enough. He had to do something about these pests. There seemed to be more and more of them everyday and they were starting to overrun the place. It was days like this he wished he would just move to the city. Victor gathered up everything he would need for the day, mainly his flask which he refilled from the nearby fresh water stream and his lash which he tied around his waist as if it was a belt. He wasn't sure how effective it would be against such a small target. Victor still hadn't quite gotten used to accurately swinging it at a large target let alone a little rabbit.

Thinking back someone had once told Victor of a way to catch little animals by making little cages that are held up with a small sticks. He had never tried it before but surely it couldn't be that hard to pull off.
Victor Marivaldi
Player

Words: 16574
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2015, 3:46 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet