Demanding Attention (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Naya on January 2nd, 2011, 1:40 pm

38th Winter, 510AV.

Naya was thirsty. It was a common occurance, her mouth dry and only able to be quenched by beer, or mead, or any other warming golden drink. On such occasions, she could be found frequenting the Red Diamond Tavern. Tonight was one of those nights where she longed for that warming buzz in her veins.

Naya sat in one of the corner tables, sipping her beer. She was watching the other patrons carefully, waiting for a chance to strike. She waited for a lull in conversation, waiting for a chance to make her presence known.

The tavern was relatively quiet tonight, just a few patrons sipping quietly at their drinks, a steady hum of conversations with their friends. Naya was alone at her table, but not for long. She wouldn't even be sitting down soon, but rather, standing with all eyes on her.

She suddenly sprang up from her quiet station, beer slopping out the sides as she grabbed her beer. A lamentable loss, but a price that must be paid for attention. She strode across the floor, making her stance in the middle of the tavern, in the center of a break in tables. She cleared her throat and flung out her arms dramatically.

"My dear Vantha, and various other races that aren't really worth mentioning! Feel no more need to listen to the idle conversation of your boring partners, for Naya the Storyteller is here! If you wish to hear a story that will be amongst the best you have heard, then listen closely, for I have one."
Last edited by Naya on January 24th, 2011, 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naya

Postby Aamu on January 2nd, 2011, 3:56 pm

Aamu was not really going to get drunk, but still she needed to do something to keep her mind off things that began to pile up in her head. She wasn't really in the highest of spirits, but she wasn't going to be as „approachable“ as most Vantha usually were.

From outside The Red Daimond seemed quiet, or at least much more silent than usually, so she took a stroll inside, hoping for a few good drinks and some time to rest. She had long outgrew the solitary confinement of her room, and her insociable behaviour, accompanied closely by moping, was not really going to extinguish itself completely. Still, she did try her best to be „cheerfull“ lately, but it was not one of those nights.

As she made her way towards a seemingly empty table, she suddenly came to a stop as a big fat woman was standing in front of her. The woman might not have been fat at all, but in her mind, in another light, Aamu saw her as a monster. Still the tall one kept talking as if there was no one next to her, as if Aamu had been insignificant, inivisble. It pissed her off, so she asked slowly: „Excuse me, can you move please?“ the tone was tiny in comparison to the voice of the arrogant girl. Normally the smaller one out of the two, would now try to be a bit louder and ask for the way to be cleared, but Aamu had enough on her mind to make her bad mood reach it's climax: „Are you petchin' deaf, you tall freak, can't you move already?“ she may come to regret being hostile later, but not tonight, not yet.
Last edited by Aamu on January 24th, 2011, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aamu
A legend in my mind xD

Words: 17599
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2010, 1:13 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Naya on January 8th, 2011, 4:38 am

Just as Naya was about to continue to proclaim her storytelling prowess, a girl started speaking to her. She was merely asked to move, so she disregarded the shorter stick like girl and began to speak again.

"My stories are able to calm your beating heart, or stir the quiestest among you into a rage! What say you? Would you like to hear what I have to say?"

Before Naya could get a general consesus from the rest of the tavern, the short girl spoke again. Tall freak? Really? She raised an eyebrow, looking down her nose at this younger Vantha, her eyes flashing a deep maroon in irritation and disdain.

"I'm sorry, but did you just call me a tall freak? Seriously? Naya the Styoryteller, a tall freak? While it may be accurate, you seriuously could have come up with a better insult. My advice to you, you grasshopper, is to think before blurting out an insult. An insult should not only cut down the other person, but also propel you to the higher status. You have achieved neither."

She grinned at the crowd again, eyes flashing black to blue. "So, before I was so rudely interrupted, where was I? Ah! A story!" She readjusted her top, pulling it down just a little. After all, she had to give them SOMETHING to look at. She flashed a winning grin at the crowd, sticking her hips out just a little.
Naya

Postby Aamu on January 11th, 2011, 4:32 pm

So Naya did not only ignore her, but tried to play it cool all the way, even with her eyes betraying her the way they did. Aamu could not help but feel something was funny about the whole situation, but in no way was she going to be the mature one and fled the scene with her tail between her legs.

The short girl could feel anger as her eyes slowly coloured themselves into a slightly darker shade of green. So Naya or whatever her name was wanted to play smart with her? Very well then, Aamu would show her just how stupid she can be!

Moving a step closer to the monster, she spoke slowly, and loud enough to get Naya's attention, and quite possibly the rest of the tavern's too: „Look i have no idea who you are, where you came from, or what do you want, but i will tell you what i want: I want you to MOVE!!!“ her voice was pretty calm until the last word which she shouted out as hard as she could.

Just as soon as her line was done, she quickly stomped onto Naya's foot and pushed her aside, quickly calming herself as if nothing had ever happened. She started moving away from the scene slowly, in hope of finally reaching the still empty table.
Aamu
A legend in my mind xD

Character sheet

Postby Naya on January 14th, 2011, 9:46 am

The tavern quietened down, a hush descending on the general patronage as the short bag ‎o’bones yelled at Naya. Did she just yell out for her to move? For Naya Snowsong to MOVE? ‎How old was this girl anyway? Twelve? Okay, to be honest, she was only a couple of years ‎younger than Naya. But that clearly gave Naya the superiority! Respect your Elders, and all ‎that! What, did she grow up in a ditch? The girl should step down, or she would regret it.‎

Naya smiled, a tense smile – if you could call it that. It would be more correct to say it was a ‎forced bearing of the teeth, a false cover of kindness over a displayal of might. She moved ‎closer as the stick moved closer, nose to nose. She was preparing to yell back, to get angry at ‎this girl, when all of a sudden, a heavy boot came smack down onto Naya’s foot.‎

Naya jumped, letting out a cry of surprise – not pain, Naya was not a wuss. But indeed ‎surprise, for who would dare to fight back to her? Evidently, this strange girl. The strange ‎girl who was now moving away, trying to get to a nearby table. Shaking out her foot, ‎tenderly putting her weight on it, she limped for a couple of paces after the girl. Slowly, she ‎regained feeling in her foot, and with said feeling, she regained anger.‎

Her eyes turning a vibrant red, the dangerous sign of true anger, she caught quickly up to ‎the other girl. Shoving a finger angrily into her shoulder, she began yelling without even ‎waiting for a reply.‎

‎“For your information, I am Naya Snowsong! I come from Avanthal! And what I want is for ‎YOU to apologise for being such an inconsiderate, selfish MIDGET!”‎
Naya

Postby Aamu on January 14th, 2011, 10:45 am

Aamu was trying hard to cool down, it really wasn't normal to be this rude.. even for her. Her slight moment of calm was interrupted by hard poke at her shoulder which made her twitch a bit before returning her gaze onto Naya only to see her eyes glowing red. And it was not really a pleasant feeling to be glared at like that, still the glare did not set her off even closely as Naya's words did.

Laughing maniacally, Aamu tried to restrain herself from the most rash possible reaction, after that failed, she quickly jumped up and used all the might she had to bring her right hand to the side of Naya's face. The very moment she smacked the tall freak, she was already sorry, but it was not like she was going to admit it.

She did not really notice what happened after she punched the girl as she quickly burried her face in her other hand thinking of a way to fix this without resorting to any further violence, but none came to mind. As she shook her sore hand through the air, she could not help but feel a bit satisfied. Seriously, of all the thing you could say to someone, a midget, where did she ever get that, petchin' tall freak.

„You must have gotten something the other way around, you tall monster, you are the one who should apologize“ those words finally rang to speak of Aamu’s momentary decision.
Aamu
A legend in my mind xD

Character sheet

Postby Naya on January 17th, 2011, 2:07 am

Silence reigned, even in Naya's own mind, when the shorter girl leaned up and slapped her hard against the face. Naya gasped, the force pushing her head down and to the side, panting with the sudden shock. Her cheek smarted surprisingly painfully, she could feel it burning and she already knew it was turning red. She would have a bruise there the next day.

Face fierce, she slowly drew herself up until she reached her full height, looking disdainfully down on the other girl. She was satisfied to see that the girl looked mortified for what she had done - and so she should. She would regret making the first move soon enough.

"I am sorry, midget, I did not realise that one had to apologise for getting slapped FOR NO PARTICULAR REASON!" She growled. "You apologise to ME, how DARE you slap me?"

With one last angry growl, she crossed her arms and waited for the appropriate response. Let it be known that Naya Snowsong had the moral high ground here - she would never slap another Vantha for no reason, unlike this immoral, impetuous, midgety freak of a girl.
Naya

Postby Aamu on January 18th, 2011, 5:09 am

The funny thing was, Aamu actually thought about apologizing and getting the psychotic chick off her case, unfortunately for both of them, more so for the tall freak of course, the taboo was broken once more. This time though, the short girl barely managed to hold herself back enough to let the one who insulted her finish the sentence. As soon as she was done, Aamu quickly repeated the slap, but this time slapping much harder than before.

Not waiting for the girl to come to, she quickly pushed her back, yelling as her eyes now already took a violent stray of pink. Aamu hated pink, but even more so, she hated the people who made her feelings go pink. „You ridicolous excuse for a human, call me a midget one more time and i swear i will wipe the floor with your ugly petchin face“ even after she finished yelling, she could hear the echo in her ears. Not waiting for the girl to talk back, she continued: „Now, if you would be considerate enough to apologize to ME... and then mind your own damn business, i will consider refraining myself from kicking your butt a possibility...“ her voice was much more quiet this time, yet it did not mean that her irritation level had gone down, not even by a long shot.

She quickly eyed everyone she could without turning her head around, as if she was trying to tell them to mind their own damn business. It seemed to work, people were either too amused or too intimidated by the fight for anyone to even give off a slight hint of defaince to Aamu's gaze. This was going to be a long night, and one of those that she hated all so much, not as much as she hated pink though.
Aamu
A legend in my mind xD

Character sheet

Postby Naya on January 21st, 2011, 6:40 am

Naya gasped as the strange girl slapped her again. She stumbled back, almost to the floor, crying out when the other Vantha pushed her backwards. Given that she was already off balance, she collapsed to the floor in a heap, cheek smarting and pride hurt.

She lay gasping on the floor, shocked at the angry Vantha. How dare she push her to the floor? What had she done to her anyway? Naya clearly had the right to stand there and tell her to move away. This strange girl had no right to get angry with her.

She continued yelling at Naya, and she slowly stood up from her collapsed position on the floor. If the girl had been paying attention, she would have seen the fiery red in her eyes, a clear warning sign of true anger - but no, the girl continued to spout her mouth off, insulting Naya in front of HER tavern, in front of HER audience.

Drawing herself up to her full, considerable height, she looked down on the girl angrily. It was then she noticed smugly that the entire tavern was watching. Well, they had seen Naya be slapped twice, but now it was time for them to watch this strange, unruly girl get her comeuppance.

Naya began to speak, her voice quiet, though undeniably simmering with anger. "I think we will find that you, my friend, are the ridiculous excuse for a human. You also are the one who posseses the ugly face, not me, though my face be besmirched with your tiny miniscule hand print."

Here Naya poked the girl in the chest, hard and violent, her voice beginning to rise in volume. "I will NOT apologise, for it is YOU who have attacked me without provocation! And the butt that shall be kicked-- IS YOURS!" It was here when, still shouting at the short rude girl, Naya drew back her right hand, and with as much force as she could muster, slapped the girl on her left cheek. Naya watched her hand move, as if in slow motion, and connect with a satisfying CRACK. Dusting her hands off with pride, she made to move away.
Naya

Postby Aamu on January 22nd, 2011, 9:13 pm

It was not much of a surprise that the tall freak got up, still when she swung her hand at Aamu, that surprised the small girl a bit. As soon as she smacked her, the woman started moving away as everything was settled, was she an idiot? As she slowly stepped away, Aamu fought off the urge to grab the nearest chair and break it against her back, it was no easy task to do, or in this case not to do.

As she was smirking slightly in anger she quickly moved behind the girl, pulling at one of her shoulder with her right hand, and quicly brining up her left one to Naya's nose, only this time, the hand was clenched into a small fist. As soon as the hit landed, she made sure that the taller one fell to the floor before cracking her knuckles slightly and sitting on top of her. She punched her two more times, but using the right hand both times, and then she sighed slowly, still sitting on top of her nemesis.

„So will you apologize yet?“ she stopped her hand mid air after swinging once more, feeling a bit sorry for the freak. As no response came to her ears, she just sighed muttering under her breath: „Oh, you are hopeless“ she then quickly moved away, this time not losing sight of her. Almost a chime later she spoke loud and harsh, yet again: „Now you will stay down until i say you can get up, or i swear on Morwen's name, next time i swing at you, i will have a chair in my hand“ she shot Naya a playfull grin waiting to see how everything unfolds.
Aamu
A legend in my mind xD

Character sheet

Next