A Talk With Clay. (Ariel)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Wystern on January 5th, 2011, 6:19 am

"So you could read anyone, or anything. Would that be similar to seeing in the dark?" Wys said with interest in his eyes. This topic has piqued his interest. Besides having its uses for his profession, this could quite possibly grant him some early promotions, besides putting Wys into some special operations squadrons. No, one thing at a time, your horizons are already wider than the world could afford, no reason to expand them further right now. First he actually had to gain the skill. Questions started coming to his mind, one after the other.

He took a deep breath. "I wish I had some ale right now," he thought to himself, but knew this was no day to get hammered in celebration. No, right now it was all about how he acquired the information this little Pycon possessed, and then what he did with it. His hands almost shook with excitement, or maybe cold. Now, one step at the time. One limp, cane-supported step.

"So, what does my aura tell you?" He said and paused. He then looked the Pycon straight in the eyes and asked the grand question,"Would you teach me?"

If gods are watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Words: 160798
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 11:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ariel on January 5th, 2011, 5:12 pm

"So you could read anyone, or anything. Would that be similar to seeing in the dark?" Wys said a strange glimmer in his eyes. Ariel supposed she had sparked his curiosity. Perhaps it was something she said... about auras? Ariel thought, as she considered Wystern's words, before replying.

"Yes, I suppose you could say that," Ariel answered him. Looking over at her companion again, wondering what on earth was so interesting about auras, at least, for him. She knew what had drawn herself to them. But why would Wys want to learn anything about them? Ariel wondered.

"So, what does my aura tell you?" Wys said, there was a short pause, before he looked her straight in the eye, and said, "would you teach me?"

Ariel eyed the man warily, taking a few deep cleansing breaths, in through the nose out through the mouth, before delving into his aura. Wystern's aura was now a pale yellow, which suggested optimism, as well as excitement, especially when it came to new ways of thinking. Tiny sparks, appeared around the edges of the large swirly mass that surrounded him. He must not be fully healed... Ariel thought, glancing quickly over at the man's cane, and then back at his face. That... or he does possess some kind of magic as well, or an interest in it... something... but maybe Ariel shouldn't doubt herself, and go with her first instinct, the first thing that had come to her mind in regards to Wys, he wasn't completely healed after all.

Ariel waved away the aura, not bothering to tell Wys what she had seen. Instead she asked a simple question, "why is it that you want to learn?" It may tire her out a bit, but she could always delve into his aura again, just to check the color, to see if he was trying to deceive her.
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Wystern on January 5th, 2011, 9:41 pm

"Well, my little friend, I am one of seven thousand, a Knight of Syliras, and I have a strong belief that this will benefit me and my career," Wys said with a smile. No lies there, no point, the girl could probably pick that up too. Wys was a liar, he was a thief, but it's pretty damn stupid to try to do anything like that around Ariel; and why would he? She possessed a wealth of information that he couldn't wait to dip into. The point was to negotiate into it without scaring her or freaking her out.

He had a little flashback in his head the last time he negotiated for important information, three people wound up dead. It was for a whole different matter, but the experience was unpleasant nonetheless. He wondered if Ariel could actually read that recollection, and what it would be read as, after all death was involved. A quick thought flashed that he should probably stop recollecting. Right. Now.

"Think about me as a soldier who committed to a cause, a cause that is binding him here, and that cause will keep him away from home, not necessarily here, but away still, and that, my dear little friend, is getting on his very well-trained nerves."

Wys took another gulp from the skin, he let himself get dehydrated when the water in Endrykas isn't as abundant as in Syliras. That's why fools become prey to these lands. "Will you teach me? And I'm getting a feeling this place isn't appropriate for that sort of thing."
Last edited by Wystern on January 22nd, 2011, 5:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ariel on January 5th, 2011, 10:12 pm

"Well, my little friend, I am one of five thousand, a Knight of Syliras, and I have a strong belief that this will benefit me and my career," Wys answered her. Ariel didn't need to delve into his aura for her to determine that what he said was true. It was apparent that what he said was true, given his body language, the way he held her unblinking gaze, how his hands rested simply on the table, how he didn't raise his brows, or tilt his head to the side.

Yet, there was something about how Wys said this that unnerved her. Yes, it appeared to be the truth, but Ariel wondered if it was the whole truth. Was there something he was leaving out? she wondered, as she considered his words again. Something about benefitting his career...

Ariel's mind trailed off before coming to the conclusion that he was more than likely similar to several other men she had met in her travels: self-absorbed, and rather greedy, willing to chase after even the slightest bit of power, but unwilling to care about who they may harm in the process should anyone get in their way during the time it took them to reach their goal.

"Think about me as a soldier who committed to a cause, a cause that is binding him here, and that cause will keep him away from home, not necessarily here, but away still, and that, my dear little friend, is getting on his very well-trained nerves," Wys said, breaking Ariel's train of thought. Ariel nodded simply, starting to grow more and more frustrated by the fact that he kept calling her little. Surely, if he intended on receiving her help, no matter the reason, he should at least be cognizant of the fact that referring to her in such a way really did get on her nerves. Shouldn't he? And if he did want her help, as it so seemed, then he should at least be nice about it, level the slightly rushed, and slightly irritated undertones that just barely reared their ugly heads in his speech.

Wys took another gulp from his waterskin, Ariel never took her eyes off of him. "Will you teach me? And I'm getting a feeling this place isn't appropriate for that sort of thing," Wys said when he had finished drinking.

"I'm not sure how much I could teach you..." Ariel chose her words carefully, allowing her voice to trail off, as she gave a short nod, signifying her agreement with Wystern's latter assessment, this wasn't the proper place for discussions on the subject of magic.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Wystern on January 5th, 2011, 11:35 pm

Not sure? No, that wasn't it. Reading people was a part of his job, and maybe Wys wasn't an Aurist, but he knew when someone was escaping questions. Not the first time someone tried. He couldn't just press for information. Maybe calling her little wasn't helping either. The Pycon was unsure if she wanted to teach him. That made more sense, humans were frequently thirsty for power and knowledge of things they had no business knowing, and this knight was no exception to that generalization. Wys was just about to dabble into the first magic power he came across, and the excitement was hammering a tattoo in the back of his brain.

"Calm down. Rash decisions will never get you anywhere. Focus. Lose this opportunity and who knows when is the next time you can get your hands on anything like this. You have three years of service behind your back and you have been negotiating for your life...your whole life," he told himself. A smirk started to spread on his lips, he felt an idea starting to emerge. If he couldn't get her to teach him because of personal reasons, maybe he could reveal more about it.To be honest, part of the truth was still true.

"I have a tent that one of the healers lets me stay in for the duration of my recovery. We wouldn't bothered there," he said and extended his arm for her to climb up again.

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ariel on January 5th, 2011, 11:59 pm

A smirk began to make its way across Wystern's pale lips. It seemed slightly sinister to Ariel, and she shifted her weight uncomfortably on the table. It was amazing how unnerving Ariel found that man's facial features to be.

"I have a tent that one of the healers lets me stay in for the duration of my recovery. We wouldn't bothered there," Wys said as he extended his arm for her to climb up again. Wystern's right hand lay palm-up on the table. Ariel looked it over warily, before getting to her feet and crossing the table. She stepped up onto Wystern's pinky finger, which was smaller than the rest, before walking onto the palm of his hand.

"Alright, let's go," Ariel said to him, as she got comfortable. She really was starting to see the knight as her valiant steed, now that he seemed to be chauffeuring her around everywhere, much like the giant wind eagles of Mt. Skyinarta, that she had only read about in books.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Wystern on January 6th, 2011, 1:50 am

Wys got up with an agility that almost made the cane look unnecessary. He felt like it was a bit of a necessary part of a disguise here, and because of that little prop, several uneasy situations turned out much better; people took pity on a wounded man. The winds got a little more frequent which kept him from putting the Pycon onto his shoulder.

He was still pretty quick for someone who needed a cane to walk with. Still, he carried an unusual weapon with unusual markings on the scabbard. He looked like he didn't belong here, and he probably didn't. The horse jockeys were a little diff-crazy, that's the more appropriate word for it. Wystern almost had to contain himself from laughing when he found out that the punishment for disrespecting a horse can be death. Every minute he spent away, from home, he realized how much he missed Syliras. Then he remembered the guard posts, and suddenly the feelings evened out.

The pair soon arrived to a tent that Wys calmly walked in. Inside it was warm, several lanterns hanging at the corners and rugs to walk on. There was a simple bed, and beside it, all of Wystern's belongings, including a full suit of armor and a crossbow with some bolts. The man looked like he came prepared for war.

He sat Ariel down onto the rug, took off his cloak and weapons, lay them on the bed and sat on the rug in front of her. "So, where could we begin?"
Last edited by Wystern on January 6th, 2011, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ariel on January 6th, 2011, 2:07 am

Swiftly, Wys stood, holding Ariel in his hand as he pushed aside the door flap with his cane and walked outside. The wind had picked up since the pair had last been outside, and Wys didn't bother to put Ariel back on his shoulder, perhaps knowing that doing so would more than likely result in her falling off.

After they had walked silently past a row of Drykas tents for a few minutes, the pair arrived in front of a grey tent. Wys held the door flap open with his cane, before walking silently inside. The inside of the tent was was warm, and several lanterns were strewn across the ceiling, casting long shadows along the interior. There were a few simple rugs lining the floor. There was a bed lying in the corner, and beside it, what Ariel assumed to be all of Wystern's belongings, including a full suit of armor and a crossbow with some bolts.

When Wys had gotten inside, he sat Ariel down onto the rug, took off his cloak and weapons, and lay them on the bed. Then, he sat down on the rug in front of her. He was staring into her unblinking eyes rather intently, "so, where could we begin?" he asked Ariel. "Begin?" Ariel questioned, as she tilted her head to the side.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Wystern on January 6th, 2011, 2:21 am

"Well, you see, I am paid to protect people. I'm not just a simple guard, no, when we are employed by the order, certain responsibilities come with the trade. Even if I'm not on a post, I still have to rise to the situation when the situation arises. When I see a thief, I still have to chase him. If I see murder, it is my responsibility to assess the situation and pass judgment," he said with an unwaivering look on his face. "I am on this search because I deemed it necessary to be better in my profession, and Auristics seems to be right down my alley."

"Now, let's discuss your terms. What would get you to teach me?"

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ariel on January 6th, 2011, 2:51 am

"Well, you see, I am paid to protect people. I'm not just a simple guard, no, when we are employed by the order, certain responsibilities come with the trade. Even if I'm not on a post, I still have to rise to the situation when the situation arises. When I see a thief, I still have to chase him. If I see murder, it is my responsibility to assess the situation and pass judgment," Wys explained. "I am on this search because I deemed it necessary to be better in my profession, and Auristics seems to be right down my alley."

Ariel took a deep breath, in through her nose, out through her mouth, before peering into Wystern's aura. His aura was a soft, baby blue, he was telling the truth. Ariel waved the man's aura away once more, as Wystern spoke again. "Now, let's discuss your terms. What would get you to teach me?" Wys said.

Ariel looked over at him warily, her head tilted to the side. Terms? she thought, considering the word, what it meant, what she may gain from this encounter, before speaking again. "You do understand that I am only a novice, and just with any other form of magic, auristics comes with a whole set of good... and bad." There was a long pause. "And since I am only a novice, the risk of experiencing the bad increases... if I should try to teach you."
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext