Playing as an Undead?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Playing as an Undead?

Postby Leif Johansson on September 8th, 2016, 8:45 pm

So BASICALLY! Hi I am new! I am new and I would like a recommendation on which best fits my character that I want to make... its an Undead character if it was not obvious by the title. Anyhow my character is Undead and I am aware of both Undead races available to me... being the Nuit and the Ghost and to be honest of the two the Ghost seemed much more like what I was looking for except... for one BIG problem. That being as it is detailed from the lore I read that Ghosts most posses someone in order to fight... and well that didn't fit with my character... I am not sure if I misunderstood something but what I understood was that Ghosts basically need somebody to do anything. My other option is Nuit but that doesn't fit my character at all... I am not sure if I am allowed to simply make a dead human corpse or something but I am almost 100% sure thar is not exactly possible.

Either way here is my Characters background at least some of it and keep in mind I haven't done much other then come up with some small piece of his FULL on Bio. The basic idea of his story is he was basically a Human and he was quite the Warrior... to be more exact he was quite the Barbarian! So one day Lief goes out with a small band of fairly powerful folk and they head out into a ruin with lots of jewels and gold and all sorts of assortment. However! It was too much treasure to take back so! Lief's friends decided to leave him behind to guard the loot, what they where not aware of was the fact that the Ruins had a one way ticket spell in other words you can come in once! Once you have been in you CANNOT ENTER AGAIN. So in the end when they set out to find a way to take the loot out they couldn't because they could not go back into the Ruins. Now... Lief being the loyal guy he is stayed guarding the spot for many years and centuries... his willpower was SO strong that not even his soul left to go through the cycle of life in death and so Lief became Undead! He still stayed for many years guarding hoping for his friends return when one day a treasure hunter came in and Lief chased him out and is still trying to find him till this day.

That is not edited in fact I wrote that up just now it was simply an idea in my head. Thank you ahead of time!
Leif Johansson
Player

Words: 982
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2016, 8:21 pm
Race: Ghost

Playing as an Undead?

Postby Crow on September 8th, 2016, 9:21 pm

There are more to ghosts and nuits that meet the eye. For a beginning rper or someone starting out in mizahar we don't always recommend these races, as lore and proper rping are hard to accomplish. However, there are a number of people that can aid you in your venture. First I recommend finding a location to set up. There are a number of cities that have ghosts and nuits present in some manner or way, so try to find a place that fits your writing style.

Second before you create a back history make sure it follows the lore of mizahar. While finding a ruins like what you described would be possible you would need more information on it. Mizahar is full of interesting locations to choose from and it'll be easier to explain a back history with already made locations.

While ghosts must possess to learn new skills you can create an npc or latch on to an already existing spiritist. This however, would need help desk approval. Ghosts can materialize and interact with the environment though. I would recommend reading a few players posts to see how ghosts or nuits have been written in the past.

Please also know that nuit are able to keep their bodies for a period of time till it degrades, but in order to become a nuit you have to be animated or converted by ichor in a ritual or animation. This wouldn't be possible with your current rp concept. Being a ghost might.

~Thanks to Aladari Coolwater for the template
Crow

Playing as an Undead?

Postby Prophet on September 8th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Crow has given some very solid advice. I would like to point out that players cannot make up locations like ruins or towns. Make sure any back story that you generate is in line with the lore of Mizahar.

Since you are new, I recommend taking some time to read the lores on races and cities. Mizahar has a great deal to learn and read. By familiarizing yourself with some of the playable cities, it may help you find a way to work your concept in a way that satisfies your desires as well as fits into the world.

Chat is a good place to have questions answered and there are always people there that would love to act as a sounding board for your ideas.

Welcome to Miz, Lief. Enjoy your stay.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Playing as an Undead?

Postby Leif Johansson on September 8th, 2016, 10:27 pm

Ok Thanks you guys very much I will follow your adive! Also I will keep this thread updated on changes and teaks on my character thanks again! I think I will go with ghost as it simply fits my character best!
Leif Johansson
Player

Words: 982
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2016, 8:21 pm
Race: Ghost