(Flashback) Meditative Mayhem (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Blythe on January 7th, 2011, 8:04 pm

29 Summer, 507 AV

Blythe was sitting on her bed in the lotus position. Her eyes were closed, and her hands were resting on her knees. Her palms were face-up towards the ceiling, and a small trickle of light was pouring in through the open window, and landing a few inches away from the tip of her toes.

Blythe's breathing was normal, her heart was beating normally in her chest, there was no rush to her body, or in her senses; even though the cottage seemed to be in an uproar all around her.

Blythe was taking a few deep, cleansing breaths in through the nose, and then slowly out through the mouth, holding her breath for at least five seconds before letting it out. Allowing her lungs to feel completely full before letting it out. Blythe was slowly, but surely, relaxing, entering a higher state of consciousness, of relaxation when she heard a loud piercing voice cut through her inner calm like a blade.

"Blythe!" the voice called, Blythe instantly recognized it as Briar's because of its high pitch. Slightly irritated, Blythe's brow furrowed, and her right eye opened while the left remained tightly shut. "Yes Briar!" Blythe's voice echoed through her family's cottage.

"Do you know where grandma's tarot deck got to? I'm giving a reading later and I need it, and can't find it anywhere," Briar called back. Blythe's hands balled up in fists, she knew her grandmother rarely moved the cards, and that her sister knew where they essentially, always were. "Briar, they're on the table besides grandma's bed!" Blythe called, closing her eyes again.

A few moments later she heard, "thanks Blythe you're a life-saver," coming from Briar. Blythe growled, before yelling as sweetly as she could, "you're welcome, now would you keep it down, I'm trying to meditate!"

"Sorry," Briar called. "You don't have to say you're sorry, you didn't know," Blythe called back. "Sorry," Briar called, Blythe's brow furrowed again, and her hands balled so tightly into fists that they turned stark white. Blythe was gritting her teeth, just as she heard the door slam shut. Briar must have left, she thought as she unfurled her fingers, placed her hands on her knees again, palms face up towards the ceiling. Her brow unfurled, and Blythe was soon taking a few deep cleansing breaths again. "Inner peace.... inner peace...." she chanted with each exhalation of breath.
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Blythe on January 8th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Slowly but surely, Blythe was slipping back into a meditative state. Her breath was flowing in and out evenly, it had taken on a natural, and more rhythmic pattern. Her heart was beating alongside her breath, and her eyes and her heart felt light, until her youngest two nieces bounced into the room, laughing amongst themselves.

"Auntie Blythe! Auntie Blythe!" the two little girls chanted through giggles, each girl grabbing onto one of her two arms, and tugging. Blythe didn't open her eyes, but her brows furrowed, "can't you see Auntie is meditating?" Blythe asked. "Meditate later Auntie, come play with us NOW!" the one on her right whined as she tugged on Blythe's arm. Blythe opened her eyes and looked over at her niece. "Sayuri, how many times must I tell you not to whine?" Blythe asked, as the girl gave her another tug, and her long, straight blonde hair splayed in front of her face. "But Auntie, I wanna play!" Sayuri whined, giving another tug at Blythe's arm. Blythe winced in pain. "Your Auntie isn't an over-sized doll," Blythe said simply, "and she'd appreciate it if you didn't pull on her arms."

Sayuri swung Blythe's arm up and down one last time, like a wave had gone through her arm, before Mist walked into the room, and surveyed the scene. "Sayuri! Beth!" she called, the girls abruptly looked over their shoulders at their mother. Blythe could just make out their faces. They were both pouting and making puppy-dog eyes at their mother. "Now you two hurry along and quit bugging your Aunt."

"We weren't bugging her," Beth said. "Beth!" Mist called in a stern voice, as both girls sprang up and ran out of the door past their mother, "sorry Blythe," Mist said, shooting her a shy smile before turning around on her heels and leaving Blythe to herself once more. Blythe smiled, closing her eyes, and resuming the meditative position. "Inner peace.... inner peace...." she chanted, as she breathed slowly in through the nose, and then out through the mouth.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Blythe on January 9th, 2011, 4:44 pm

"Inner peace... inner peace..." Blythe chanted, still sitting fairly comfortably on her bed, in the lotus position, attempting to meditate. A fly had flown in through the open window, and was flying around in circles around her head, it was buzzing loudly. Blythe grit her teeth, flies were one of the few Mizaharian creatures that she had never developed a soft spot in her heart for.

Silently, she hoped that it would simply fly back out the window, and leave her alone so that she may finally meditate. But the fly didn't go away, it simply continued to fly around and around her head, consistently breaking Blythe's concentration on her breathing enough where she could not meditate. She just couldn't think with that incessant buzzing.

Slowly, Blythe opened her eyes, to find the tiny little fly still buzzing in front of her face, as though it were mocking her. yes, I can see you trying to meditate, but I don't really care. I want to fly over here, so you better deal with it. mwahahahahahah, na nah nah nah ne! Blythe growled, raising her right hand to swat at the fly. She missed it the first time, the fly having dove out of her reach, just in the knick of time.

Blythe tried again, this time, she hit the fly, and sent it spiraling out of control through the room. It spun around and around,flying a few feet to Blythe's right, before returning, she swat it again, and the creature soon made its way out Blythe's window, perhaps finally realizing, that Blythe wasn't going to tolerate it.

Satisfied, Blythe placed her hands back onto her knees, palms facing up. She closed her eyes, and began to chant, "inner peace.... inner peace...."

Only a few minutes passed before Blythe heard the words, "Blythe!" her grandmother calling her from another room in their cottage.

"Yes grandma?" Blythe replied.

"Have you seen my tarot deck?" her grandmother called. Blythe laughed a little bit. "Briar took them for a reading!" Blythe called as she opened her eyes, as irritated as she was, she couldn't just yell at her grandmother. That would be immensely rude.

"Ok, thank you Blythe!" Rose called back. "You're welcome!" Blythe called as she got to her feet, it was apparent that she wasn't going to get through her meditation today, there were simply too many interruptions, and she was too new to the skill to simply shut out all the noise and meditate. Blythe sighed, if only there were a quiet place to simply be, she thought to herself; as she abandoned her quest to find inner peace, at least, temporarily that is.
Last edited by Blythe on January 10th, 2011, 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alice on February 6th, 2011, 8:34 pm

Blythe

Experience: 3 Meditation
Lores: Helping Whenever Possible, the Noise of Little Children, Being Disturbed by a Fly, Various Irritation Sources, the Difficulty of Calming Down

Comments

That was quite the funny little thread, haha! I didn’t award as much xp because I felt she didn’t really meditate that much. Instead, I tried to give some special lores. It’s amazing how you displayed meditation practice in a different light. Reading it makes me think that we probably need more threads like that! (I’m sorry for the long waiting time. School keeps me busy even on weekends.)
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)