[Alvadas Location] Avek's "Unstable" Stables

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Cadence on January 8th, 2011, 3:14 am

Prices of Available Horses
Colorsplash – 100 gm
Firemane – 300 gm
Forstmarch – 125 gm
Gildling – 100 gm
Kavika Paintedmount – 80 gm
Leopardbred – 100 gm
Mountain Pony – 30 gm
Nightwalker – 600 gm
Sungold – 500 gm
Tidal Pony – 50 gm
Windrunner – 75 gm
Zavian – 100 gm
Tack
Barding 20 gm – 2,500 gm
Blanket & Hood – 8 gm
Saddle – 10 gm
Bit & Bridle – 2 gm
Saddlebags - 5 gm
Halter & Lead – 1 sm
Feed and Board
Feed (10lb bag) - 3 cm
Hay (per bale) – 1 sm
Stabling (Per Day) – 3 sm

The Unstable Stables are the only ones in Alvadas and serve a constant flow of travelers to the city. They are contained within a large, stone structure with tall, arched doorways. The exterior of the stables can be described as grandiose, though the interior is quire unremarkable. The stables provide plenty of space for the horses within their separate enclosures, as well as an outdoor arena where horses can be taken for exercise, and where prospective buyers can try out mounts. The stables employ a large number of grooms, trainers, and medics, but are always looking for more workers. If a n individual with animal husbandry, leather-working, riding, or any other relevant experience were to ask for a job, he or she would most likely receive one.

The Unstable Stables were once called Avek’s Stables, in honor of the man who started the business. However, the name didn’t stick for long, especially when a local comedian decided that the stables needed a more creative name. After all, simply calling the stables Avek’s Stables wouldn’t be appropriate in the City of Illusion. The name “Unstable Stalbes” remained an inside joke among the residents for a while before it made its way out of the tightly-knit community. Now, it’s widely used be everyone in the city and the official name has all but been forgotten.

The head trainer and a reliable stable hand of the stables is a man called Tsavyn Raingrass - the most well-known Drykas in Alvadas.

NPC :
Tsavyn Raingrass
ImageIn his early thirties, Tsavyn is the epitome of all things Drykas. The man has had a talent for taking care of animals since he was a child, and his ability to train horses is remarkable. Certain times, he can be a bit too focused on the animals, neglecting his human customers. However, with Tsavyn, everything has and always will be about the animals. Humans are just a minor distraction.

Mod Note :
Feel free to selfmod in this location if you are (a) looking for a place to store your horse, or (b) wish to purchase a horse, tack, feed, or gear. If you’d like to apply for a job, drop a post in my office, and I’ll mod the interaction for you.
Cadence
Musical Silence

Words: 88873
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2010, 7:11 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Sam Mentes on January 8th, 2012, 2:30 am

Winter 36th, 511 AV (Morning)
As Sam lead her horse through the streets, she noticed a stable nearby. It was made of stone and quite large compared to what she was used too. It looked spacious enough, and despite the fact that she might not be able to find her way back she decided to enter. After all, she had all the time in the world.

When she entered, she noticed Tyvern, but he had yet to notice her. She walked up to him with her horse, yet he only seemed to notice the horse. Oh well.
"I'd like to board my horse here for the next five days, please."
Reciept :
3 sm for 5 days= 30 sm or 3 gm
Sam Mentes
Adventurer- kind of.

Words: 10364
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 4:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Blizzard on July 13th, 2012, 2:25 pm

SUMMER 17th, 512AV Early in the morning
The Windrunner snorted in protest as the Kelvic led her into the stables. "Come on now, boy!" It was the first time she had spoken Vani in a while, but it usually got the horses attention better than common. She stroked his forehead You're lucky I've fought against the need to eat you since you have, after all, been my only companion and way of travel. I don't think you would want to mess that up now. She knew she would never purposely harm the beast. She had learned to fight against it, being in Avanthal surrounded by animal loving Vantha.

The white horse then began walking appropriately like she expected. A man walked up to her "How may I help you?" Her response was short and quick "Boarding for the next 15 days, please. Take care of that bridle." She handed the reins over to the man then patted the horse on the neck "I'll be sure to visit ever so often." She watched as the man took the beast out to a paddock.

Receipt
15 (days) * 3 (sm) = 45SM OR 9 GM

Blizzard
It's Whatever You Want It To Be

Words: 93022
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 6:05 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet