Solo The Way Things Are

Waisana learns about the role expected of her among the Zith

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

The Way Things Are

Postby Waisana on November 27th, 2016, 11:31 pm

27th Fall 516AV

The cold was the first thing she noticed. Her foot had crept out of the furs and found a chill in the air. She pulled it in with a shudder and opened her eyes to peer around her. She remembered all that had happened to her and where she was although the scene about her was a different one now. The fire that she had slept beside had burned down to mere embers, the glow within the only sign that it wasn't truly dead. The light levels were a lot lower too and the teen had difficulty seeing anything, having to wait for her gaze to adjust to the dimness. It was much quieter than it had been the previous night and it gave Waisana the feeling that the Zith were waiting to pounce on her from the shadows. As she waited to be able to see, she remained tense for fear that her feelings would turn out to be correct. She did not want to face the beasts until she was prepared. Whether or not preparation for such an encounter was possible was debatable but the blonde could steel herself for the contact at the very least.

There wasn't much for her sight to become accustomed to as the colony was truly a dark one. Aside from the faint glow of the former blaze beside her, she could make out a few similar areas and some patches of something faintly luminescent. It didn't emit a lot of light but she was curious about what it was because it seemed to be on the walls rather than the floor. There didn't seem to be any sign of the Zith but given that she could only really see the occasional shadowy lump on the ground, she wasn't sure that her vision was trustworthy. She thought she was safe anyway.

Standing, she draped the blankets over herself like along cloak and began moving slowly towards one of the glowing areas. A hand remained clutching the furs at her chest while she stretched the other forth in case there were any near obstacles. She placed each foot in front of the other, wincing when her bare feet met sharp stones but learned to take greater care as she proceeded, not putting her full weight on a foot if she felt a tell-tale prick or anything irregular. A few times her soles came in contact with a warm lump that yielded suddenly beneath her step and she searched for its edge to walk around it, hearing a very human murmur when it happened.

As she neared her goal, she discovered that the illumination was better than she'd assumed at first. It was a green-blue that appeared to have an inner whiteness, which did funny things to her eyes. When she came up close to it, she touched it with her hand and was surprised to feel something alive beneath her fingertips. It was spongy, like moss with a cool dampness to it. She dug her fingers into it and found the stone an inch below the surface, the substance coming away in her hand, the wall unpleasantly moist underneath. She rubbed the plant between her fingers, curious to see if the glow would transfer onto her hands but it stubbornly held onto its bioluminescence, even as it broke to pieces in her palm.

"Does it interest you?" a familiar voice rumbled quietly beside her, breath tickling her ear. A strangled squeak came from Waisana's throat, the teen almost choking on air as her body tried to gasp and scream simultaneously. The Zith chuckled at her reaction, the doctor laying a hand over her pounding heart.

"You scared me!" she whispered.

"I noticed; scaring you was my intention."

"Why would you want to scare me?" Waisana asked curiously.

"Because I can," Massacre admitted with a laugh. "I can be quiet and I knew you wouldn't be able to see me because your eyes are weak. You need the light of Syna or Leth to see best although a flame will do. I need less light than that. I can see everything in here." She felt a claw tracing along her hairline and the doctor cringed away from it with a shudder. The furred hand moved abruptly to clasp her shoulder, tugging her close to the she-beast. The light of the moss reflected eerily in the eyes of the Zith, giving a truly predatory edge to her gaze, which was only a few inches above the Drykas girl. A hand grasped her chin, the pinpricks of the talons against her cheeks before the Zith's lips found hers. Horror overwhelmed the girl and she immediately made to pull away. The gentle presence of talons gouged into her skin until she froze to stop the pain and her face from being shredded. As soon as she grew still, the grip eased and the teen remained that way for fear of the consequences, even though her body was revolted by what was happening; it was almost as bad as what the man from the previous night had tried to do.

The Zith's lips moved hungrily against her own but the blonde made no response, her mouth firm and immobile under the onslaught. Massacre pulled away with a low growl in her throat, almost like a purr. The claws dug into her cheeks again and Waisana whimpered.

"Kiss, little doctor. Don't you know how to kiss?" Massacre hissed before pressing her lips against the girl's again. In pain and afraid, she made a feeble attempt to copy the movements of the Zith although she remained tense and detached from the female. Within moments, she was released with a sound of disgust.

"Useless! Come, you can get the fire going again. You can at least do that much, I hope." Waisana found herself steered rapidly towards the remains of the fire, her feet stinging by the time she got there as Massacre paid no heed to what might lie under the teen's soft soles. She was thrust to her knees in the ashes which were still warm although thankfully the embers that had remained had since extinguished themselves. Spots of light danced briefly in her vision after her encounter with the bright wall fungi but afterwards, she found everything as black as before. She realised that if Massacre wanted her to start a fire that she couldn't do it; she couldn't see. She was terrified to admit such a thing but she couldn't see any way around it.

Active threads: 2 of 5
2 Quest threads

Pavi | Grassland sign | Common | Speech of others

Pavi | Grassland sign | Common | Speech of others
Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Words: 363907
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 6:47 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1