Bound By Blood [Eldon, Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Matasol on February 1st, 2011, 9:10 pm

Matasol frowned in concern when his brother leaned back as if in frustration. He could not think of anything he had said that might have created such a reaction, and since he could see no harm in asking he did so. "Yes, the web. Is there something wrong? If I have offended you in any way I repent of it." Concern was written upon his dark face, the last thing he wanted was for more grief to be sparked by his carelessness.

Surprise washed over his face when Eldon asked him about that day on the plains. He had been careless and had wandered into a group of Drykas. Eldon had been among them. He had yearned with his entire being to reveal himself, but the vague warnings of his father had held him captive in silence.

"Yes, we met upon the plains. I wish now that I had revealed myself then, but I could not bring myself to dishonor the wishes of our father. It was only when I could not find him in the web that I disobeyed his wishes in my doubt."

When Eldon began to stand matasol quickly followed him and attempted to help him up. It was unnecessary but it gave him a small degree of comfort. "My name is Matasol, well met my brother."

Yes, it was well met indeed. Grief should be greeted with joy, their father had gone on to better places. He had been a good man in this life, and he would make a good man in the next. He might even come back as a strider and bond with a Drykas warrior. He would like that, to run across the great plain and to feel the rush of the wind, and the sting of the rain. He was part of this country, and it was part of him.
Matasol
Player

Words: 8849
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2010, 5:59 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on February 4th, 2011, 6:17 am

Eldon thought for a moment, long and hard. He had always wanted his father to teach him Webbing. It was something he had dreamed his father would pass down to him, much like the reimancy, the profession of his family. But now, that dream, was too far gone. It could not be reclaimed. This was bold, but he wasn't too concerned, not at that moment. If his father couldn't teach him, just maybe.., "Teach me the Web. Please, Father... we never started." Eldon bit down on his lower lip. He didn't want to learn at this moment, he didn't have it in him to do so, but, he just wanted his brother to promise him. He wanted to be taught by his own blood the secrets of their sacred art. "Please." It was difficult to see this man, almost a stranger, as his brother. But this thing, if anything, would make him truly feel connected to Matasol, mending the connection that was born severed. And by the gods, Eldon was practically begging him.

Eldon gladly accepted his brother's help to stand. Eldon was bounded, very badly so. Denen had done a great job in patching him up, but the bandages were tainted with fresh blood. The wounds were tender, only slightly healed, still moist, leaking a little blood each time he moved, a small groan every time stood or sat or crouched or walked. He was tired, in pain, but he there was a subject on his mind, maybe it was too soon, the two of them were still morning, the death still as vivid as molten iron pressed against their bare skin, but they had urgent matters, family matters, now that that's what they were. Eldon put his arm around Matasol's shoulders, using him as a crutch to stand a little more ease. He hoped Matasol wouldn't mind.

"What's to happen to the Sunkiss name now? It's up to... us to make sure it continued. But the pavilion, how will it survive now that the Ankal has passed away? Matasol, I don't know what to do. How to fix this, how to make it last." Eldon wasn't sure if he was the head of the Pavilion now or Matasol was. There were both their father's sons, Matasol had his mother, her pavilion (perhaps it was his?), but did it carry their father's name? Were they to merge? To strengthen with numbers? To carry each other through troubles, and carry the name on their own blood, sweat, tears, and brotherhood? Eldon didn't know. He wasn't prepared. Twenty six years old, and he wasn't prepared for these questions.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Matasol on February 24th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Matasol listened intently as his brother spoke of his yearning to learn the web. His face tainted by sorrow began to glimmer with a brotherly love. "Yes, for now I am only a child in knowledge of the web. But I promise you, my brother, that when I have become skilled in the art. I will teach you with my own hands, and my own words. I promise this to you, and the men of the Sunkiss pavilion do not break their promises."

A mixture of solemnity and pride flowed in his speech, death was an event that the Drykas were accustomed to. While the pain and sorrow would follow Matasol for the rest of his life. It would no longer haunt his thoughts like it had only a short time ago. Life was short in Endrykas, the dead were to be honored, and he knew that his father would much rather this time be of joyous meetings than a day of weeping.

"I know not what we shall do, but I know this. My mother and I shall come to live with our family, we will come and live with you. Brothers we are, and brothers we shall act from this day forward. While our path may be hidden, if we stick with one another. We cannot but conquer our troubles."

OOC--END--?
Matasol
Player

Words: 8849
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2010, 5:59 am
Character sheet

Postby Ganmedo on February 27th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Blessings from the Cupbearer

Matasol

XP:

Webbing + 1

Lore:

Reasonable disobedience
Sharing grief
A long-lost brother
United as brothers

Eldon Sunkiss

XP:

Persuasion + 1

Lore:

Mourning
Sharing grief
A long-lost brother
Extending a hand of welcome

COMMENTS:

Not a lot in way of XP, guys, but awwww!!! That was so sweet and so sad all at once. If you have questions or concerns, let me know.
Ganmedo
The Cupbearer

Words: 7348
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous