(Flashback) Song from Within (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

(Flashback) Song from Within (Solo)

Postby Elysia on January 9th, 2011, 1:23 am

1 Summer 509 AV

Ever since this morning, Elysia woke up with a particular song that filled her senses. Desperately trying to hold that soft melody and words that could hardly be put together, stay in her mind. It was all she could concentrate on while grabbing her journal, the heirloom her mother gave her - a special quill with gold inscriptions, and the inks her father gave her - a tray of coloured inks.

She paused a moment, holding those items that meant more to her than just mere tools for writing purposes. These items were gifted to her, passed down from generation to the next, before they were either taken or killed by a suspected Zith. Since then she's never seen them or heard of them again. As she held the quill and the closed tray of inks close, it was almost as if they were home again.

Her mind was trailing away from the song in place of the memory of her long lost parents. It was still lingering in her mind, but barely. She tried pulling it back into her mind, thinking of only how the song sounds. It was faint, but still there. Elysia put the items in her pack and headed for Starry Night before the song completely vanished.

Upon arriving at Starry Night, Elysia looked up to see before her a house made of white stones that have turned a silvery shade over the years, and a sign over head that read: "If you can imagine it, you can create it." Next to the message was the poet's signature which wasn't legible. She tilted her head in wonder by the message.

I can create what I imagine. Could I also enhance my writing with emotions using my voice?

Elysia hurried inside the small room. A little bell rang as she went by and went through a door at the end of the room which was painted with odd shapes and bright colours. Abstract art, she thought to herself as she passed through to enter a large garden.

Elysia needed a moment to catch her breath, seeing all the vast arrangements of plants, ponds and pathways. So many colours to behold and wonders to explore within one's creativity and fantasies. This made her want to paint the scenery or get inspired to create one from her mind's eye. There were a few Konti here and there sharing their poems or small stories with one another. Very little chatter could be heard which she was thankful for. She closed her eyes to hear if the song still resided in her. It was fading quickly; now it was but a whisper carried by the wind. Scolding herself from getting distracted, she walked to an area that was unoccupied, sat down to get her things out of the pack and placed them neatly beside her.

Leaning against a strong flower tree, Elysia gazed into a rather large pond just a few inches from her feet which inhabited several small pastel coloured fish that seemed to give off a little glow. Placing a hand down on the grass to get a better view, she noticed the grass here was not pointy blades, but quite soft and silky. She lifted her hand and saw the grass spring up again slowly. How delicately deceitful, she thought and smiled to herself. The grass was quite strong being able to stand up again after a considerable amount of weight had been placed upon it.

Sitting by water had always been Elysia's best place of inspiration or in need of recalling lost words.She breathed in the fresh air of the Starry Night garden, eyes closed and let the song play gently in her head.

In you and I, there's a new world to discover
Konti in sight
I need more affection than you know
My sanctuary lies within you
Where fears and deceits fade away
Your music ties
What's left of me now...

Breaking off from the words she just heard in her mind, her hands scurried for her journal, quill and the tray of inks. No time to choose a colour; just write! She told herself. Dabbing the quill as gently as she could into the blue ink, she wrote what she could remember:

In you and I, there's a new world to discover. This was the most memorial part because of the song's instant melody into the mind. A sudden start of musical play.

The second line of the song was very faint, almost inaudible. She needed to close off everything in her mind just to hear it. She closed her eyes and relaxed her whole body as well as her mind. A soft murmur swept across her mind and she could make out the word...Konti. She wrote that down and listened intensely for more. Konti inside was the only thing she could make out so she wrote that down.

With her full relaxation and her attention only on the song that lay within her, she strung the rest of the lines together and looked at what she had written:

need more affection than you know
Your music ties
What's left of me now...

To her surprise her writing was messy, but still legible for the time being. If she left it and forgot about it, her writing most likely won't be comprehensive. With that in mind, Elysia wrote it very neatly on the other page:

Konti inside
Your music ties
What's left of me now...

Reading it over, she noticed something didn't fit in this piece. Konti inside certainly didn't make any sense. Elysia pondered how she could string it together in a way that did. She repeated the line many times until the words themselves sounded funny. A sudden realization came to light. What if it only sounds like "Konti inside"? She wrote down what might make better sense and rewrote the paragraph again:

Konti in sight
Your music ties
What's left of me now

That's better, she thought. Of course, however, she knew it wasn't complete, but that's all she could muster before morning became afternoon. She was sitting there so long and was starting to get hungry. Elysia packed up her things and exited Starry Night. Somehow she knew she would hear the next part and come back here again to write the hidden song from within.
Elysia
Enchanted Dreams

Words: 12431
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2010, 2:29 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook