[Surya Plaza] Nightlife (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Una Nox on January 18th, 2011, 3:42 am

:)I am sorry for delaying the thread, i felt a bit down with the weather, and my epic laziness did nothing good about it. So once again, i apologize. :D

Una was only partially litsening to what the Symenestra was saying, but she still managed to pick out an invitation to come and join them. It was not that Una had anything better to do, but Tao's previously proven jumpy nature made her wary of mingling around him too much. She would have started walking past them if it wasn't for an apology that came from Tao. It actually sounded like he was sorry, or at least like he was going to pass out as she could see his face blushing a bit. Una was not quite aware of what was going on in the man's head, but one thing was for sure, she could not even be mad at him, he was much too easy to take pitty on, he was much too pathetic in his actions, or so it seemed to Una.

„So why waste a good apology?“ or so she thought as she started walking without changing her facial expression, which was not one of her most pleasant ones, but it was not like she was not allowed to tease for a bit. Just as she slid through them, when she was in the middle of making another step, she turned around on one of her feet and quickly pulled her thin arms under one of each of them as if she was hugging them. Next thing that happened was Una pulling both of them closer towards her, as a grin spread on her face and a slight giggle could be heard.

„I would advise people not to call me a lady, it makes me feel old, and when i feel old, people get hurt“ it was another one of her crazy jokes, but just in case that it did not shake up the Symenestra, she shot him a playfull gaze and laughed for a bit. „So what is your name, stranger?“ she asked her question in a casual tone, but still, she could not help but wonder if the man was planning something with Tao. It was not like she thought either of them needed help, but her past experience Tao made a couple things clear to her, and now, all tao needed to do was to ask for help, and she would gladly offer him some. It was weird how helping others can help one's self to grow and mature, as well as have a certain sense of fulfillnes.

She turned her gaze over to the man she knew from before, wondering how must have he been feeling when he apologized as quickly as he did. It was none of her business indeed, but she could not help herself finding his hopeless nature quite cute. She smiled, just in case he was still a bit tense, that should be enough to persuade him that all was well. She could not pick at him any longer, as she slowly layed her head on his shoulder for a second, whispering: „Apology accepted“ she winked at him and returned her head to it's normal posture, it was a bit awkward to walk like that after all.
Una Nox
May Priskil guide my blade

Words: 40495
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2010, 2:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kayven Aracev on January 27th, 2011, 3:07 am

Kayven frowned in consternation as Tao’s attention was entirely riveted on this woman. Human romance could be so…frustrating, at times. The Widower listened with feigned interest to the exchange of stammered apologies and an apparent dismissal between the humans before the woman (had Tao said her name was Una?) addressed Kayven, reprimanding him for being polite! “What a strange and backwards people these Lhavitians are,” Kayven thought, though he could not stop a smile from crossing his features. “My abject apologies then, mi- my good woman. I do strive to be polite whenever possible; the slightest social misstep could very well spell trouble for my kind, as I’m sure you understand, yes?” He did his best to keep his composure, it would certainly not do to have this armed and apparently unstable woman believe him mocking her. While Kayven was not entirely defenseless, he much preferred to avoid a conflict, especially when he was attempting to build a positive reputation in the city.

Kayven bowed slightly at the waist at the woman’s request for an introduction. “If it pleases you, you may call me Kayven, of the Aracev Web, and may I add, that it is my very great pleasure to meet you.” The pleasantries taken care of, Kayven locked his golden irises on the woman. “Master Tao and I were just discussing our purposes within the city. I am here hoping to apprentice to the Dawn family, if they will have me, while Tao….” Kayven cut himself off, shooting a glance and a grin at Tao. “Actually, Master Tao, you never did answer my question.” Shrugging nonchalantly, Kayven returned his gaze to Una. “And in line with the previous discussion, if I may ask, what do you do here in Lhavit? It is truly a city most beautiful, and I can only guess as to what a woman of equal beauty may find to occupy her time.”

A compliment and a question in one, Kayven thought briefly of adding another touch of Hypnotism, but deferred to caution. The effects of overgiving were unpredictable at best, and if he were to suddenly start bleeding from the lips or eyes, Kayven’s carefully placed manipulations would be dragged into the light, and he simply could not risk that, not now, at this most crucial stage. No, Kayven would simply have to rely upon his wits and natural charm. Hypnotists were not often welcomed with open arms, and the Symenestra had a well established reputation for deceit. A mental shudder ran through Kayven’s head as he thought how the local populace would react, should they discover a Symenestra Hypnotist within their walls. He doubted it would be pretty, or pleasant. Clasping his hands behind his back as the trio strolled leisurely through the plaza, Kayven tried not to let his anxiety show. He had to make this work, failure was not an option!
Kayven Aracev
Player

Words: 16404
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Tao on February 7th, 2011, 1:44 am

In the split second that it seemed like Una was going to storm right by him with that same furious look on his face, Tao couldn't help but wonder exactly what he had done wrong this time.

But a moment later, she had grabbed him in a makeshift headlock, along with Kayven, and she was laughing. Though startled by her sudden grab, he smiled when she whispered her acceptance of his apology. Though they had only really met briefly and her sense of humour was very odd, Una had been friendly and accepting, and such people were hard to find.

Kayven took the whole undignified spectacle with a lot more grace than he expected, putting up with Una's manhandling of his person with little more than a courteous smile, answering her questions with a restrained and carefully worded tone despite Una's reprimand about politeness. As he attempted to wiggle free of Una's rather strong grip, Tao couldn't help but feel a little envious of the Symenestra's dignity.

Unluckily, the conversation turned back to him and his circumstances once more. He bit his lip and shrugged a little, scrambling to think of a good answer for the question. He was promptly relieved of that burden as Kayven pushed on, complimenting Una with the same fanciful words he had used on Tao when he thought he was female.

(His eyebrows raised in surprise as he looked between the two of them, wondering how Una would react to being called beautiful.)

“Well... to answer your question...” He decided to press on, though he still had no more of an answer than before. “I suppose you could say I'm in a transitional phase right now. Maybe.”

Tao
Indesicive Stargazer

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 4:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Una Nox on February 8th, 2011, 12:44 am

Both of the boys seemed to be somewhat awkward around her. Tao with his usual theatrics, and Kayven with his very flattery nature, she was used to Tao being quiet, but what got her wondering was the overly friendly approach she seemed to get from Kayven. Well boys will always be boys, so there was no helping there, or at least such things were trivial in her mind as she tried her best not to laugh at some of the remarks that Kayven made.

She spoke softly, but with a firm determination in her voice while she was talking to the Symenestra: “You try too much Kayven, too much indeed. I can’t speak for Tao, but if I wanted your head on a plate for so much as having a bad first impression of you, I would have my sword already drawn out, and quite likely pointed at your throat.. In time you will come to see that I take what I want, if you are around long enough to witness it” her voice rang a playful tone as she moved her gaze away from the man, wondering could he take a joke like this one lightly. Una did her best not to laugh at the man’s stuck up manner of speech, but when he called Tao a master, she could no longer hold herself back; Master Tao, seriously? How the hell did he come up with something ridiculous like that? Tao both looked and acted as if he was not only younger than Kayven, but younger than she was as well. She nudged herself a bit as she heard the spider complimenting her again. In normal situations it might have been considered polite or even sweet to act in such manners, but Una did not like everything to be so damn “perfect”, at least when appearances came to mind. She spoke once more, this time leaving no place for a laugh, as her tone was indeed a serious one: “I thank you for noticing Kayven. I am in Lhavit on my own personal accord and do not feel like sharing it just yet, but you are free to share the details of your travels and reasons with us, if you would honor us with such an event?” the ending part seemed to come off as more of a demand than a friendly suggestion, but she did not mind it much. Maybe it was that Vendaril was much different than your average Symenstra, much different than Kayven, maybe it was that fact that set her somewhat off balance and a bit on the defensive.

Looking back at Tao, she no longer wanted him to feel left out, as she led the conversation towards him again: “So how has life been on you Tao? You got to see the observatory yet? And how is your employment coming along?” the question she spoke were actual, and she could not help her curious nature, so she asked them all at once. Now she wondered how these guys would take her somewhat dominant approach…
Una Nox
May Priskil guide my blade

Words: 40495
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2010, 2:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ataraxia on March 13th, 2011, 6:20 am

Tao
XP
Rhetoric +2, Intelligence +1
Lore
Lhavit layout (competent) | Customs of Lhavit (competent) | Blue; it looks good on me. Too good

Kayven
XP
Stealth +1, Climbing +1, Hypnotism +2, Deception +1, Persuasion +1

Una
XP
Intimidation +1

Comments
Very upset that this thread dropped off, as I would have liked to have seen how well Kayven's attempt at befriending Tao would have panned out with Una's interference. Sadly this happens from time to time, but as it stands it was a good read. I really quite like your character Tao, he seems very real and flawed (which is refreshing). If you have any questions or concerns that I missed anything, don't hesitate to send me a PM. I will humor any request, so don't worry about bothering me. I am Ataraxia... i'm in a perpetual state of "... hey, whatever man..."

Peace out!
Ataraxia
It's like nirvana, but not really.

Words: 49327
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 6:25 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Trash Medal (1)

Previous