Hear My Call(Wystern)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Hear My Call(Wystern)

Postby zashaya on January 13th, 2011, 10:02 am

It was late at night and everyone had packed their things away to sleep or drink together. Yet one stayed at the edge of the groups, away from everyone. She had a cloak over her body, hood up to try and hide her flawless face. Though her fiery red hair hung out in thin locks and whenever she looked up, her bright blue eyes could be seen. Closeby a lanner falcon sat perched in a nearby tree, nestled silently, asleep. The fire crackled, iluminating her hidden self. She was silent the whole night, without saying a word and once everyone was asleep, she too, fell into a light sleep.

Before the sun poked its head over the horizen, the falcon gave a light screech to wake up the female. She sat up, half asleep and she stretched with a light yawn. Rubbing her eyes, her hood fell backwards to reveal gorgeous, long fiery red hair and the brightest blue eyes. Her name was Zashaya, though went by the name of Shay. Slipping the cloak off from covering her whole body, making sure it only covered her shoulders. Packing all of her belongings, she stood up. She had been here for a few days, looknig for a few certain things to know, but nothing showed up. Of interest anyway. "It was a waste of time coming here," Shay muttered to herself. She may as well leave, she could probably find the information she was looking for else where anyway. Maybe. No, actually, she knew she wouldn't, but she couldn't wait any longer, and it wasn't like it was important to know anyway.

Her left arm had a leather band around it, where her falcon, Laser usually sat. The band made her arms look so small and slender in comparison. Well, they were, but that wasn't the point. Shay sighed and walked away from the groups, havng every plan to leave. Pulling the cloak off after a few moments and slipping it into her bag to just be in ripped jeans, singlet top and a jacket.

Getting further and further away, she was suddenly surrounded by a group of drunken men. Their words were slurred as they asked, "why don't you come and play with us, little girlie? We'll treat you to a real good time," She was then pressed against a tree, men pressed against her, grabbing both her wrists so she couldn't reach her dagger. Shay could see, that there were 2 men at the back of the 5 men group that weren't drunk, they they were obviously tipsy atleast. Though they were drunk, they had surprising strength.. or was that just because three men who were alot bigger then her, holding her against the tree as they felt her up? That could be it. Shay saw Laser about to fly down but she gave him a look to back off as soon as she saw 2 had swords. This was just getting better and better. "Let me go!" Shay growled and one man laughed, "or what?" another asked just as harshly and she cringed. What could she do? It was one girl against 5 guys, whether they were drunk or not didn't make a difference, she was still weaker then them in brute strength.

(could you do the date and stuff please Mystern? Thanks. I suck at any type of dates :embarrassed: )
zashaya
let you imagination soar and take flight

Words: 4830
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2011, 3:12 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Hear My Call(Wystern)

Postby Wystern on January 13th, 2011, 10:54 am

Time Stamp: 14th of Winter, 510 AV
Sunrise.

Wys stumbled out of his tent, a grimace on his face, an ugly mood in place and a sore leg waking him up again; for the third day in a row. He had this idiotic cane which felt like a cliff from which he could drop off his pride. He was still wondering how he even survived that day, and why the healers wouldn't tend to him. Where are the damn guys blessed with the right marks when someone needs them? Oh, that's right, only there for Drykas. Fantastic, why not just backup an ethnic cleansing, and it would all be set to go.

"Never going to walk right again am I? Just need to get back to Syliras. Learn some magic and then Syliras. Oh, why are you so far away?" he kept talking to himself, mocking Sula, the doctor told to oversee his recovery. It was like being bound in a prison that is yourself, and the cage and bars were made of his own obsession with that which he couldn't even begin to understand, not without the instruction. Not that it's easy to get taught anything if one is an outsider, it took three hours of explanation to the chief to just keep Arar... the sword. It was funny how much of a part of him that thing has become when it was almost a part of him several months ago; they were bound by blood, flesh, and bone. "Let me go!"

Wys turned to locate the noise, adrenaline slowly starting to pump. The rush was almost a reflex, preparing him for an immediate stress and physical activity that generally accompanied that cry. "Where are you," Wys whispered, noticing a small crows of wobbly men, "gotcha." With the agility that isn't fitting for a man with a cane, he strolled over to the little crowd, hoping that the storm or wind-whatever guys would interfere before heads started to roll. Literary. Assuming he would be fast enough after the therapy.

He was getting closer and estimating the odds. They looked drunk, that's a plus, there are five of them, that's a minus. He was injured, definitely a minus, the fact that he is holding a cane hid his competence with a weapon. He fought groups of five before, but he was armored back then and didn't have a liability in the form of a leg; now there was really nothing, he was wearing his everyday clothes, no plate, no chainmail, just his tool of trade on the side and a cloak to cover it. There is no way this could end well, for either party. Five feet, they hadn't noticed him, the attention was on the girl, not him, good. "Now, what should I say, so I don't have to be a murderer," he thought to himself and sighed, a little too loud.

"Hey! Back off!" one of the men barked at Wys. The Knight grinned his teeth, if this was Syliras, two of them would be dead by now, unfortunately this called for a tactics change. Wystern grinned, that one smile that pissed so many people off in the past. Time to put the verb skills to action, though there is a noticeable lack of those.

"Guys, come on, let the girl go," he said as he got closer, "really this is a bad idea, the storm guys are all over the place, do you really think you could get away with it?" He finished, as calmly as he could, not adding the part that he could potentially slaughter the man in front of him before he blinked, the other four would soon follow. Under the cloak, his hand grabbed the sheath and started tilting it into the draw position, but not yet, it would give it away.

"I said, go away!" Wystern pressed on, much to the man's surprise. He winked at the girl and scratched the back of his neck, revealing a the crest on it. "Don't panic," he wanted to tell her, but couldn't and just hoped that she knew. He Looked at her more throughly, another Inarta-looking girl here. He could admire her features later, right now he had so much adrenaline pumping that he was no longer feeling any pain in his leg. "Or what are you going to do, beat a guy with a cane?!" Wys yelled, hoping to attract attention.
Last edited by Wystern on January 19th, 2011, 5:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

If gods are watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Words: 160798
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 11:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hear My Call(Wystern)

Postby zashaya on January 13th, 2011, 11:33 am

Zashaya's frightened gaze turned to that of surprise as a man with a cane, came to help her. She ahdn't expected anyone else to be awake, figuring these idiots had just been drinking all night and through the morning. As she watched the man with the cane and another man talk, obviously not too freindly towards eachother, one man holding her to the tree, tore open her jacket so she was only in a singlet top. As the jacket was thrown the ground, the cold air hit her and Shay shivered. She wasn't all too good with any type of cold weather. No, quite the opposite, she was very sensitive towards it. Just her day, wasn't it..

Shay looekd at the man again and saw him wink at her and she blinked in surprise. She noticed the look he gave her for a short moment and she knew what it meant. Don't panic. It was then that he yelled something, Shay couldn't quite comprehend because the three men were all talking amongst eachother. But it got their attention. They slightly loosened their grips, turning slightly to look the man. Though Shay wasn't the best at fighting in the strength point of view, she did, however, know where to hit them to either knock them out, injure them or possibly kill. Yet, she hardly drew the line that far. Somehow wrenching a hand from one man's hold and hit the one standing infront of her int he back of the neck, in the right spot and he fell down, unconscious, though before she managed to do anything else, the man grabbed her shoulder, pulled her forward and then slammed it against the tree.

Shay gasped as pain exploded in her shoulder, rendering one arm basically useless for atleast 5 minutes. Though he didn't break anything, he had hit a nerve. He grabbed her wrist again and they both locked one leg around each of hers, so she was completely helpless. Shay looked at the man and mouthed, "just go," she didn't want him to get hurt because he was helping her. this was her fault for being so careless as to allow them even near her.

OOC: i've got to go shortly, Leyley wants to come on, though I shall be on later
zashaya

Character sheet

Hear My Call(Wystern)

Postby Wystern on January 13th, 2011, 10:19 pm

The girl gasped, the smile slowly started to whither from Wystern's face, only to be replaced by a scowl. He glanced over his shoulder, the windmarked guys nowhere near in sight, or maybe they just couldn't be seen behind this idiotic tree. Whatever, it looks like it had to be dealt with blunt-force trauma and shallow lacerations, over decapitations that were possibly frowned upon. On second thought, decapitated Drykas were definitely frowned upon.

"When I walk in the land of shadow and doubt, I will fear no evil, no one, and no thing, for my partner is by my side and we are bound in blood. I will remain pure, I will see the truth, I will be wise, and I will guide her to the mark, straight and true, for the Gods will watch over me as I watch over her, for we are one," the Knight whispered. He was taught that prayer several years ago, as a part of respecting the weapon. The prayer he frequently recited, if he had the time to say it, when he might kill somebody. Of course, normally that prayer did not refer to the weapon as anything other than "it".

Then one of the men fell down, unconscious and the girl got hurt. Wys was honestly surprised about that, the scowl was once again replaced by smile. That made four. Three to fight him, one to hold the girl. It would take more than three of them to take Wys down, so at least the Inarta could make a run for it. In theory. Wys glanced down, and looked at the scimitar that was on the man's waist, then at the laced shoes. There was so much tension in the air, it could crush a Pycon. "Is that a sword or are you just happy to see me?" Wys said, trying to relieve the mood, but alas, no dice, "by the way, your shoes are untied." The drunk stared at the Knight for a few seconds, and when he looked down, a maniacal countenance appeared on the Knight's face.

"Good night," Wys said in slightly different tone of voice, and rushed in to put the left hand onto the scimitar's hilt, preventing the drunk from drawing it. He twirled it and brought the cane up into the man's gut twice, let go of the handle, and then struck the man on the head. He may have gotten a concussion or a skull fracture, but surely, the healers would take care of him, but not the guy that was defending an innocent stranger.

The cane cracked and Wys tossed it aside, trying to dash to left, right hand on the sword's hilt and a lightning bolt of pain would stop him if he wasn't in a rush, so he grinned his teeth and tried to bear with it. It wasn't that far, just to make sure they don't have him surrounded. A loaded crossbow was in a quiver on his back, and his mind was racing about how to even out the odds. Two down, two on him, one still a potential threat.

He just couldn't maintain his old speed, it called for another change of tactics. He actually had to defend for the first time in what seemed like forever. One was coming straight up front, the other was coming from the right, one was groaning and holding his head. Damn lucky it wasn't split in half. Now, how to defend himself and not kill them at the same time? He just remembered the one through nine pattern and tried to call out the numbers in his head to respond to the strikes. With broken footwork.

He heard a swooshing sound, a flash of light and tried to hit that reflection before it got any closer. His heart was beating a tattoo into the back of his head, everything becoming darker with the insane amount of pain that was coming from the right knee. He was starting to laugh, not entirely right in his head, thinking about that day, several months ago. "You see, my dear drunk... Lady Ararna will keep me safe, it will. I'm not afraid of you, so don't you try to take her away from me... ya hear?" he mumbled with random tones of voice. He sounded happy, sad, focused, broken, and shifted between them all in broken patterns.

The flash stopped dead in the tracks, seconds later a small spurt of blood flew onto the ground and a cry of pain quickly followed. "Block to three, kick to eight, shift towards seven, go west, then strike eight with a shallow cut," raced through Wystern's mind, in Jacob's voice no less. Wys blocked the blade, kicked the man in the knee, shifted his own weight, moved to left, and cut the tendons behind the man's knee in a quick stroke. It all went down before either even realized what happened. It seemed like letters were forming in crimson near the guard, A and now R just started. Why not fill the rest in? Reality was getting further and further away.

Then another strike was coming at him, a longsword this time. Wys barely dodged the first strike, receiving a shallow scratch on his left shoulder. Pathetic, he was getting hurt by amateurs, though the amateurs did have larger numbers. The blades clashed again, and Wys was brought face to face with the attacker. The Knight just started to giggle again, as the letters demanded to be filled in. "I will kill you, you know?" Wys sighed, his voice sounding not like a threat, but a state of fact. And then he looked at the girl, and wanted to start laughing again, but just couldn't do it; the gravity was slowly taking the hold again, the fear in her eyes was bringing him back to his senses. But the letters demanded to be filled in...
Last edited by Wystern on January 18th, 2011, 9:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hear My Call(Wystern)

Postby zashaya on January 13th, 2011, 11:43 pm

Zashaya watched as they fought eachother. The man with the cane, though, at some point in his life had been injured making it harder for him to move as quick as he did. She had never really seen much fighting, and never had it been this intense. Well, except once. Why would he go so far as to fight these men just to help her? There's always a meaning for something. Whether great or small, there's always a meaning behind it. she remembered. They were the exact words she had said to a friend years ago, were they not?

Taken back to her childhood, for a moment, Shay forgot what was actually happening in reality. Meeting him, befriending him. They had done everything together, then he was murdered. Infront of her eyes, and all the blood. If she hadn't seen it happening she wouldn't have known that it was him lying on the rocky ground, torn up and unrecognisable.

Reality slammed back into her and Shay shook her head to shake it away. Feeling that she now response in her arm, she pulled it out of his unfocused grip and quickly grabbed hold of her dagger and slammed the hilt into his temple, watching as he cumpled to the ground. About to make a move on the other holding her, he knocked the dagger from her hand and it slid over towards the other men. Great. Just great. Shay saw the man that had the cane, fighting aginst the two and as she watched his movements whilst fighting them, fear engulfed her. Though holding back from killing them, he was terrifying. Even if he was injured. He sent white hot terror down the length of her spine as she watched him.
zashaya

Character sheet

Hear My Call(Wystern)

Postby Wystern on January 14th, 2011, 1:21 am

It wasn't experience that separated them, it was the handicap. If this was Syliras, the drunk would be dead. If Wystern was in perfect shape, the man would have been unconscious. Conditions here weren't in his favor, they may not be for a while, not until he found a healer willing to heal him or a magic teacher so he could leave for Syliras. Wys was right handed, which made the adjustment so much more difficult, he kept putting pressure on the right knee, like he was so used to. His strokes were still faster and more experienced, it's just that he had the footwork of a beginner. Cling! Another strike barely blocked, another one that almost sent Wys flying to his rear. For some reason it was so much more difficult to focus now, he had to act quick. He felt divided, the katana calling to him and he forgot why he was fighting, he was just living the moment. It was because of these moments that he had stayed with the Knights, the never ending challenge of this career has kept Crow of Syliras bound to the military.

A thousand thoughts flashed across his mind, thinking about how to end this without fatalities. He could knock out the one he was fighting, or maybe disable him like the guy before that and shoot the last with a crossbow. He wasn't bad with it, Wys could nail a target that close, but it took precision, and the winds are fierce in these lands, he knew that part all too well. He will address this in due time, right now he needed to live. The drunk swore, Wys didn't bother to listen. The darkness was still hiding the commotion. He got a little carried away, another amateur mistake, and got one more shallow cut, this time on the side of his stomach. "Never swing too hard, if you miss or don't connect enough, it will put you off balance, and then you will be exposed," he heard his master say. Just like that, Jacob was right again, the blade strayed too much to the side, exposing the front.

Another sequence flashed into Wystern's mind, slash lower four-six, then nine-seven, and then stab into the four. Wys worked the sword for three quick strikes across the hips and then heels, almost getting his head cut off after the succession, and then the longsword was dropped, Wystern's blade lied in the man's arm for a short while. He pulled it out, more crimson on the tip, slowly dropping over the grass. Red over green, disgusting.

Now to stab in the five... he couldn't pull himself to do it. The letters demanded to be filled, A, R, A, seemed to have already been spelled out. Just three more, a single stroke the heart would do it, it's the right thing to do. They are just a bunch of thugs and rapists anyway... and yet... no, no, no he couldn't. He felt the crest on the back pulse, maybe it was just another fantasy, but he shouldn't do it, even though they deserve it, this isn't right. This isn't the place, he was the law keeper, but the laws are different here. It would be much more difficult to explain everything with bodies all over the place. It would already be difficult to explain why he didn't get the guards, but perhaps the thought of the girl getting raped by five men was not something he couldn't interfere with. It would be the truth by the time he came back, this is why he is what he is. Where he is now.

So Wys just stood there, the katana in his hand, ready to strike the man that was on his knees down. One quick thrust, and it all would be over, straight through the heart. No regrets. But this was too easy, this carried no honor, even if he hated the men that hurt women, this wasn't right, and even if his partner demanded judgment, he was compelled to not carry it out. The world seemed to stop, Wys felt several terrified gazes that lay upon him. This isn't right, there is no pride in this. Maybe he still believed in second chances, he let people go before, but not this kind. He was confused, the tension building up. "You're lucky. You get to live. This time," he said after the few seconds that seemed like an eternity. That short statement was quickly followed by a sharp kick, right to the chin. The drunk's head tilted violently, the Knight heard a gasp, and the guy was knocked out cold.

Wys was surprised that he wasn't hurt when he used his right foot for the kick. Perhaps only a certain pressure point affected the limp. Maybe he still had all the excitement in his blood. This wasn't hopeless. He flung Ararna close the ground, shaking off the blood before he sheathed it, and drew the loaded crossbow. He pressed the stock against the shoulder, leaned his cheek to the sights and aimed for the man holding the girl, trying to find a spot on the shoulder. From a corner of his eye he saw the guy with the injured knee move. Injured knee, how ironic, a smile spread over his face again. He waved his finger at him, telling him to stop it, and was met with a positive response.

"It's alright, you'll be okay, just remain calm, and you'll get out of this alive," Wys said to the girl ignoring the man that was holding her. He sounded entirely confident, a different tone of voice, a nicer one. There goes his arrogance, showing itself in the full light; or maybe it was the confidence gained after he just put down three guys. Whatever his motivation was now, he could swear he heard the riders somewhere close. "What's your name?"

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hear My Call(Wystern)

Postby zashaya on January 14th, 2011, 1:48 am

Zashaya watched as allthe men were taken down. Seeing the blood, Shay froze, though for only a moment. Quickly coming back to her senses, through thoughts clouded with fear, she tried to escape the man holding her tightly against the tree, now paying no attention to the man. he was trying to pry off Shay's shirt and tear her jeans, ignoring her as she desperately tried to keep her shirt and jeans on. Moment later Shay heard the man's voice and she looked up at him, fiery hair falling over her blue eyes. She nodded in response as he said to saty calm, though she wasn't too sure how that would work out with her jeans nearly being dragged off her and her shirt completely torn so she basically half naked, with only a thin peice of material wrapped around her chest.

Trying to push the man away from her but giving up shortly after when it went nowhere, the man asked her name and she looekd over at him. "Zashaya. Zashaya Wester," she replied, a gasp escaping her lips as the man holding her ran a hand under the thin material hiding her chest.

OOC: sorry it's so short, doing something.
zashaya

Character sheet

Hear My Call(Wystern)

Postby Wystern on January 14th, 2011, 2:40 am

"Okay, Zashaya, when I tell you to run, run and scream for help, got it? Try to attract as much attention from the guys with the freaky tattoos. They are the watch over here, they will help you, got it?" he asked her, waiting for a nod,"good I will be back here."

"Hey, whore-spawn! Yes, you! Stop doing what you are doing or you will get a bolt through your head!" Wys shouted, addressing the man, from maybe fifteen feet away. Was the guy just blind or too preoccupied? Wys wasn't kidding about the bolt, and this wasn't the first hostage situation he negotiated, so to speak. No negotiations with criminals, that was the policy. Sharpshooters take position, take out the threat, and everyone goes on with their lives, scratch the threat. Too bad he was no sharpshooter, but the target was still a threat. Thankfully, he got the man's attention. It's hard to believe that it has only been about ten-fifteen minutes.

"Look, I'm not good at negotiating, so I will bypass all this crap and tell you the facts. If you will not let her go, I will slowly kill all your buddies, and then you, but you I will torture to death. The Drykas will judge you later, but if you will not release her, then there will be nothing left to judge. Got it, filth?" Wys half-shouted. He licked his finger and felt the wind. A little to the right would be a good adjustment, except for that set the aiming sights down the girl's head. If the wind changed, this could have been bad. No, different target, the Achilles tendon sounds better. Wystern sighed, small target. His heart raced, his leg was aching. He didn't run, but he was still without the cane, and without the cane pain was flushing through his body. His aim was getting shaky, and his vision was fading from suppressing the agony. He stuck his tongue out, as if to feel the wind, pleased that it calmed down a little. If not now, then never, he removed the safety pin.

"RUN!" Wystern yelled at the top of his lungs, as he shot the man through the shin. The bolt got stuck in a tree, and the drunk was nailed to it. The Knight quickly proceeded to reload, limping on his leg as he advanced. About eighty to one hundred pounds of pull on the crossbow. It was a little wobbly to reload, but not impossible, especially not when he wore real armor before. He pulled the string that chafed his fingers, and dragged it to the string clip. It locked, feeling right at home, and Wys slid another bolt into the slot, and aimed at the man again.

"I'm not armed," he told Wys, tossing aside the dagger and the sword.

"No, you are. You have one more weapon that I want to take away," Wystern replied, a scowl on his face, judgment pouring from his voice. He then aimed a little below the waistline, but didn't fire, hearing riders a little bit away.

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hear My Call(Wystern)

Postby zashaya on January 14th, 2011, 3:09 am

Zashaya listened to the mana dn then nodded, though only slight, it was noticeable enough. As the man molesting her turned away, attention taken from her, Shay froze. Time seemed to drag on as Shay waited for the man's command to run, though it felt like it never came. Shay's breathed was jaggered and laboured with fear. It all seemed to move in slow motion as she watched both men face eachother. Then, his command to run came and, dodging the other man's attempt to grab her she ran towards the men with the tattooes screaming for help. Atleast she had evidence. her shirt had been shredded and her jeans torn and nearly off of her.

as they told her to calm down and explain, Shay did just as she was told. She explain everything from how it started to how the man had come to help her and was still over there. As soon as she finished and was calm enough they got her to take her back the where they were and Shay took no hesitation to turn and run, the people with the tattooes and random people who were coming to see what the heck was going on. As soon as they got there, the tattooed people went towards them and Shay basicallt collapsed, sinking to the ground. She watched what they did, though no words processed through her mind.

It seemed liek a terrible nightmare. She wished it was just that but she knew better then that.
zashaya

Character sheet

Hear My Call(Wystern)

Postby Wystern on January 14th, 2011, 4:16 am

He kept pointing the crossbow at the man's groin, but couldn't pull the trigger. Wys sighed retrieved the cane, got on his knees, put the crossbow on the ground, unloaded it and released the string. Then he put his hands behind his head when the Striders appeared, surrendering on the spot. Nothing good would come of fighting them, but it's easier to explain what just happened. The guys got drunk, they got into a little unavoidable fight with one of the Knights of Syliras that just happened to be strolling by to get some water. Surely, they could be reasoned with, it would be more disrespectful to ignore the cry for help, than fight outside the Diamond Clan's Storm Pavilion. Women were generally believed more often than five drunk guys who were cut and unconscious.

Would they believe Wys? Maybe they could question him with some magic or something, he would tell them the truth. Even though he wouldn't remember most of the fight, he did save the girl for no reason other than he was told to do that for half of his life. Was it worth something here? His skills showed, they carved into the flesh, leaving his signature forever on their bodies. The mark of what happens when one would cross one of his kind. The marks would be much... deeper had they been in Syliras. Maybe in sparing them, there was a lesson to be learned? Still, he was a bit weirded out with the letters on his sword. It was abnormal for him to see things like that. For a bit they were there, and then not, the memory was hazy. He acted with skill and instinct.

And what of Zash, did they get her? Or did they just notice a guy screaming by the tree, a man crawling on the ground, another three passed out cold? Wys smiled at his handwork, even though only four are his doing. The one that the girl knocked out, how pathetic, must've hit the right spot at the right time. He couldn't help but just laugh at how embarrassing it was. Maybe they didn't earn their tats yet, they'd know better otherwise. The chief did tell him to not kill anybody, he did just that. Any injury they sustained, they deserved.

Speaking of injures, he had a couple of cuts, one on the shoulder, another on his side. The scratch he had on the shoulder was a little annoying, but it could be dealt with. The one his stomach didn't cut anything important either, nothing a couple of bandages couldn't solve. Assuming they didn't dump him outside on foot with no supplies. It's not like he did anything wrong, did he? Well, maybe trying to take away that man's manhood may have been. Those guys didn't even look like the typical Drykas anyway, maybe they weren't. Pray to Tyveth they weren't.

Funny thing, surrender, he doesn't remember ever doing it. But here he was, on his knees, hands behind his head where it showed he had nothing in them. Fighting them was suicide, at least in this condition. And even if he did fight them, what then? Take on all five to ten thousand Drykas at once? No, live, surrender to survive. No one dead, he wouldn't be exiled. Shouldn't be? No one knows. In his heart, he already killed them the second he laid eyes on them. He would kill them if they were in Syliras. This is some serious food for thought, should he kill just because of one stupid, drunk slip-up? What if it was him? No, he doesn't drink himself into a situation like that, and yet here he was. Reality is stranger than fiction.

Story. Quick, he needed a story. What will he tell them? The truth; well, most of it. Part of it he will leave out, part of it he will fill in. The girl was about to be raped, and he methodically knocked them all out. All of them. All five. Even the truth sounded weird, but Wys is a Knight, Crow of Syliras, he is paid to meet the odds. Usually with steel. Yes, steel everywhere. The girl... Zashaya, she had nothing to do with it. Nothing, she was just someone he was compelled to get out of the situation, or actually dictated by his Code. And she was alive now, much to his relief.

The feeling of success from what he has just done was making all the trouble in the world worthwhile. Maybe he would get shot, maybe beaten, maybe it would slow his search and recovery even more, but he reached into the abyss, pulled her out, and if he will suffer for it, at least there was a reason, and that made him unafraid. Not that he could actually feel fear, that part of him died when he was at Sunberth. Now he felt stress, but couldn't panic, just couldn't force it. He should panic, he should feel fear, but all he felt was clarity. Even his heartbeat was slowing down.

He smiled, as if saying "you're welcome", but nobody was around. Except for the two out cold, two guys that were groaning, calling him all kinds of names, and one man that was a little pinned down at the moment, or rather pinned into a tree. Lucky the bastard will still be capable of having children, if Wys had the time, he would make sure that the present would change, but the Knight just had to bear with it. Part of him still couldn't believe that he just took down four people, no, five. All five, he couldn't believe he took down all five. Even if the girl said otherwise, she was delirious from stress, her mind isn't nearly as trained. All this scene was caused by them, because they antagonized Wystern into it. That, that's the story he will use. This is the story he may die with.
Last edited by Wystern on January 15th, 2011, 9:09 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next