Welcome (Tag: Amaya)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Welcome (Tag: Amaya)

Postby Amirah on October 29th, 2009, 4:46 pm

Season of Fall, Day AV 509

Long dark hair hung past her breasts down her back, the ends were freshly cut and in a single line, as were her bangs just below her eyebrows. Despite the sun being by far less harsh than the desert and its sands, Amirah still lined her eyes; it left the woman with exotic looks, striking when she had her almond eyes lined. When they were broadly done, they made the soft face appear severe as was often the case with certain meetings. Other times her eyes were lightly done like now to draw emphasis but not overwhelm.

A pair of hands held a small parchment, the script was in Amirah’s own hand, a list of the women that were in the city, a line would mean they were married, then to whom, otherwise it was simply a wave and where they were staying. Godiva had many rooms in hopes of holding many women, and sometimes Amirah had a need to speak to a student, or a woman in crisis and so she simply could not go wandering.

Today though she held it with the hopes of putting down a new name. Word had reached the Eypharian that a new woman had arrived and it was very well her duty to see to the reassurance and comfort of the city’s new resident, be her stay brief or as desired, long lasting.

Her upper arms were content, one wrapped around her body, as her free hand cradled her cheek gently as she stood near the city gates in the center really not to be missed. She let her eyes wander the line of Akalak guards already there ready and searching for danger that was rift and wild outside of the cit gates. Her lips curved and chin rose at the sight of a few of them. A familiar look, of implied deeds, some in truth, some in jest. Before watchful eyes turned to wait for the city’s newest arrival.
Amirah
Blessed of the Base

Words: 17406
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Re: Welcome (Tag: Amaya)

Postby Amaya on October 29th, 2009, 5:07 pm

long black hair tied back into a tight ponytail, the bangs brushing up against her forehead, Amaya entered the city with the hopes of a new start. She had just been given enough money from her old master to move to a new city because he had no more use of her. She had felt saddened to leave, but did as she was told. Her mother's hairclip held back her longer bangs on the right side of her forehead and she touched it gently, trying to picture a face to go with the soft warm voice she knew to be her mother's.

As she passed through the city gates, she saw a beautiful Eypharian standing nearby, holding a list in her hands. Amaya, shy as always, strayed toward the woman, but kept her usual three-foot distance.
Amaya
Player

Words: 2717
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2009, 6:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic

Postby Amirah on October 29th, 2009, 7:34 pm

A polite smile curve Amirah’s lips as the woman appeared a few others seemed to be coming the same way that the young one came, but all eyes were definitely upon the woman. Amirah moved forward with quick steps her eyes sliding over the men before back to her target.

“Good morning to you Traveler, how fare you? Welcome, to Riverfall, I am Amirah, please allow me to be of service. For but your name, I will gladly show you around the city and a safe place for you to rest.” The smile was light upon Amirah’s lips and even a few guards lips were curved at her words. Any place could be considered safe within Riverfall. But there was one place above any other that catered to women which Amirah was going to bring the young woman to as surely as the sky was blue and the rivers fell.

She was not put off by the hesitancy the girl showed, for she was not the first to be overwhelmed by what brought most to the city. And even though this woman did not have the appearance at ever being a slave, there were others who were a bit uncertain with interacting with her, be it her arms or the reputation of her people. That too did not phase her, she was very good at putting people at ease, with her gifts, and her own, charm.
Amirah
Blessed of the Base

Character sheet
Lore Author (1)

Postby Amaya on October 29th, 2009, 9:34 pm

Amaya was grateful that the beautiful Eypharian approached her and was very nice and welcoming. She smiled shyly and nodded respectfully. "My name is Amaya, I'm kinda new to this area and was sent by my ma--my previous master to this city to seek out a new life."

I thought this was going to be hard and I was so scared about starting a new life, but maybe this Eypharian can make this easier and less scary. Amaya thought.
Amaya
Player

Postby Amirah on October 30th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Amirah smiled sweetly to the girl even as her eyes swept over the figure. She spoke of having a master that released her it seems. This, made no sense what so ever. At least to the four armed woman. Unless the slave was prized, very, very prized, it would not simply be released, until perhaps you were upon your death bed, or the slave nearing his. But Amaya, was young still. She looked younger than Amirah herself and was in prime condition. Neither frail nor deformed.

It was strange but Amirah let it rest.

“Well the first step will be to get you a room Amaya, somewhere to rest and food to eat. We can take our time in getting you settled if you need time. “ Amirah’s approach was definitely different from how she would normal treat the women that came in huddled crying, silent masses, and this one, did not feel or have the appearance of them, but a wanderer.

There was no need of soothing words. But a friendly face most likely.

“This way to Godiva’s refuge. They will allow you to stay there for a few days with no charge, and that can give you a few days to look around the city and find a place for yourself here.”
Amirah
Blessed of the Base

Character sheet
Lore Author (1)

Postby Amaya on November 1st, 2009, 8:35 pm

Amaya was grateful for Amirah's help, but was still feeling insecure about the whole new life. Her previous master wasn't as old as the master she had before him, but he told her he had a disease that would kill him, it would take time, but it would definitely kill him. After that, he gave her as much money as he could spare and sent her on her way.

"Thank you, so very much Amirah. Do you know if there is anyone in town who needs a cook? You see..." Amaya twirled a piece of her hair around her right index finger. "...I love to cook, ever since I was a child, I had been good at cooking meals for my masters. Even though it seems odd for... a Kelvic of my type to cook..." she threw her eyes downward, embarrassed.
Amaya
Player

Postby Amirah on November 2nd, 2009, 8:20 am

“Ah, a cook?” There was surprise in the Eypharian’s face at Amaya’s words before a thoughtful expression passed over her face as she regarded the woman before her. More at the girl’s longing to cook rather than her admission of being a Kelvic. Eypharians held curious views upon the other races of the world, and some of them were easier to shed, or lessen than others; others had no chance to form or mattered to the woman; but still, and many cases like this, in Riverfall, a womb was a womb, and to lose the chance to convince a woman to stay in Riverfall, to breed in Riverfall, would not be looked upon kindly. There was a few places that indeed provided food, but who was hiring, and who would gauge the young woman’s cooking skills was not on the tip of Amirah’s tongue. But that did not mean she did not know where to turn.

“We shall keep this in mind. On the Third Tier of the city is the Riverfall’s Labor Aid, they help many jobs. That is the bottom tier where the boats come in. Where we are is the First Tier, this has the plains gates, combat arena and training, the temples. The Second Tier is where we will be heading, it has the Godiva’s Refuge, as well as the Kama Day spa, Bazaar, and Medical Center. Below that is the Third Tier that leads to the boats, the Labor Aid, and the bar.

Let us get you settled in the refuge first, let you bathe, eat, and rest if you wish, and when you are ready, be it right after, tonight, or three days from now, send for me and I will come and accompany you to the Labor Aid. There need not be any rush right now Amaya, is that alright?” It was a job yes, but a large part of the Eypharians enjoyed helping the women she met here, many who were being given a new life, being rescued, saved, it was wonderful to see someone gather the fragments of themselves, that had been shattered and scattered, and remaking themselves.

It was a familiar process that perhaps made this duty one of her private joys, and what made her good at it.

“Which ever you wish to do first Amaya.” There was sincerity in Amirah’s voice as she waited for the other woman to decide.
Amirah
Blessed of the Base

Character sheet
Lore Author (1)

Postby Amaya on November 2nd, 2009, 1:51 pm

"Um... I think I'll rest for now, but I need to find some kind of work to keep me busy." Amaya replied quietly. She knew it was strange for a wolf Kelvic to love cooking, but she felt it had something to do with whomever her mother was. She knew her father was a wolf Kelvic, but knew nothing of her mother's breed, be she human or Kelvic. Amaya touched the hair clip once more, trying to put a face to the woman who embraced her warmly.

Amaya followed Amirah closely and glanced from time to time to the many people in the city.
Amaya
Player