In the Eyes of the Storm (Gossamer)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

In the Eyes of the Storm (Gossamer)

Postby Kellan Lucia on January 16th, 2011, 6:17 am

Timestamp: 43rd of Winter, 510 AV
Reason: Admittance to Stormwardens

As the morning approached Kellan found himself unable to cling to sleep.The want was there. He needed rest to hunt the next day but still he found himself staring at the walls in place of the inside of his eyelids. There was obviously no way Nysel would have mercy on the tireless Inarta so he rose from his bed. There was only one thing he could think to do. No one would be awake except maybe the Watchrider or Val, the gatekeeper. Kellan did not intend to bother either one of them though. If he was awake he would not waste his time on idle chatter. He was not the most mature person at times but he knew enough not to bother Val or the Watchrider simply because he could not sleep. He only knew one thing he could do short of wandering around the city although he seemed to be doing that act just fine. He would hunt. The only problem is that Alwin might not want to leave the warmth of the Aeries. Morwen made sure that the world was covered with her snowy touch. Her winter dance never seemed to skip the high elevations of Kalea. "Morwen, you must have some will for dancing to travel to our lands just to share your ice with us."

As Kellan walked he could feel a restlessness coming from the aeries. At times he felt a bit bad for Alwin. The bird had to share his thoughts and now that he was restless the eagle would be as well. "Are you tireless Kellan? Just as well. I was feeling a little too comfortable." Kellan smiled to himself as he walked and began to hum some song he had heard one of the chiet nursery workers sing when he when he was just as Yasi. "My apologies dear Alwin. It adds to the excitement of life though right?" He laughed to himself as he walked. Alwin had grown to know Kellan's sarcastic nature and he was glad to see when the eagle verbally fought back. Or was it mentally?

Alwin stood preening his feathers when Kellan walked into the Aeries. "Lookin' good as always Alwin." He smiled at his friend as he walked forward. Alwin pulled his head up right and looked at him curiously. "Thank you Kellan. I'm guessing you are looking to hunt at this ungodly hour." Kellan nodded with child-like excitement and Alwin knew he was going to have to dive out into Morwen's frozen morning. "It's quite cold out. Be sure to wear that scarf that the Symenstra gave you. You are not immune to Morwen's storms just because you ride on my back." From inside Kellan's coat appeared the scarf woven by Drusilla. Kellan had not heard from the girl in about a season and he missed her. He never got to give her a ride on Alwin's back like he promised. The two had gotten busy though. Some time there would be time for the two to see each other again. He wound the scarf around his neck tightly and modeled it jokingly to Alwin. "It will have to do. Come on, let's get going so we can start to hunt by the sunrise." Alwin did not have to ask Kellan twice. Kellan jogged over to his side and climbed upon his back. "Let's get a buck today. Enough of bringing home rabbits."

The mouth of the Aeries shimmered with the dustings of snow. Kellan and Alwin looked out to the drop feeling the chill of the winter against their faces. Alwin flapped his wings and jumped into the winter sky starting the hunt. Kellan focused hard on the sky around him. The snow was not terrible but the cold was certainly not welcoming. "See anything Al?" Kellan looked around in search of the buck he had been hoping to find. "Come on you big hunk of elkish glory. Time to feed Wind Reach my antlered friend." The only issue with this comment was there were no elk running around that he could see. "Alwin, next wooded area you can find land. I think the hunting will go better on land sadly." Alwin dipped a wing and the great eagle began his decent into the snowy air. The ground was still far off but Kellan did not want to hunt before the sun came up anyway. He had not hunted at in the dark before and he was still a bit scared to due to the fact he was still a new Endal.

After about a bell of flying Alwin spotted a place to land. "I we will be landing soon. Get your bow ready. The sun is still not up yet." Kellan listened to his companion and placed a hand on his trusted bow. When Alwin touched ground Kellan looked around a bit scared. "Just relax and focus on your goal." Kellan let out a scared breath and looked around at the snow covered forest. A rustle in the brush alerted his attention and his bow was ready with an arrow before a chime had past. He stood still as he awaited another rustle from the bush. "Come on little guy. Just creep out of the bushes."
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet